Skip to content

Vipienne Supporters Group

Comments

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Thanks all. I'm in the process of introducing my 5 year old to Wycombe but after MK Dons I got way too many questions. Sad really that there is a possibility he could remember his first footballing experience as that.

I remember my first game. Wrexham at home - 3-0, 11 Apr 1995. I would have been 10. Paul Hyde was in the bar after and said it was the easiest game of his life. Imagine a player setting foot in a bar now after the game?!

Only Tafazolli

• Gulp...hopefully a good thing.

• @Malone said:
    Any questions on Saturday feel free, I'll probs be on here at 2.30 if you need a quick back and forward of any questions :)

Thanks @Malone

• Help guys ! I’ve signed up for NordVPN, using my iPhone. I’ve gone to WanderersTV on my laptop and visited the matchday page. (In keeping with @Malone’s advice I’d logged out of WanderersTV on the iPhone but found I was still logged in on the laptop) I logged off and back in again but the matchday page only offers the audio option. What steps do I need to take to get WanderersTV to accept that I am in France?

• You're on a different vpn to the free one I got working, but I'd imagine the principles are the same.

Sign out of the wyc account on all devices, then delete Internet history and cookies (these may well store your English based Ness).

Then click into the vpn, turn it on, and select Paris or somewhere close like that.

Then go back into the wyc account and should give the game as an option.

• Sorry @Malone I haven’t a clue how to do any of that. I’ll bite the bullet for today’s game and bring in the family reinforcements in time to sort me out for next Saturday. I wasn’t going to bother doing what I did this morning but a passing sense of optimism about my IT capabilities led me to ‘have a go’. Gloom soon descended!

• Hi @micra. On iPhone, double click the Home button (at bottom) and swipe away all of the windows you have open. Go to Settings, scroll down to Safari and click. Scroll all the way down and click ‘Clear History and Website data’. Then turn you phone off and turn back on. Click on your VPN app and click Connect, choosing a foreign location. Once connected you should see VPN sign at the top of the screen.

Then log into WandersTV and create a new account. Once logged in you should be able to buy a live video pass.

• Don’t forget to specify obfuscated servers ?

• Thanks @Quarterman. I’m fine up to clicking on to the VPN app. I’ve had a receipt for a year’s payment but I’ve not been able to download the app. I’ve only tried that on the laptop (where I at least found the details of my payment etc) but I’ve given up now (after hours of trying) and it’s audio only today! Haven’t had breakfast. At least it’s brunch now which beats breakfast any day!

COYB/Nick Freeman

• I’ve also had trouble with me obfuscated servers.

• @micra. I’m assuming it’s an Apple device in which case go to App Store. Type in Nord and click on the cloud with a down arrow button. Once downloaded click the app and put in your details. You can then switch to another country and follow the instructions above.

On a laptop just search download NordVPN and follow the instructions.

• @Onlooker said:
    Don’t forget to specify obfuscated servers ?

Chuckled at this.
    If the other instructions were ones he wasn't sure of, something like this can only sound baffling :)

• @micra on your PC which browser are you using? The simplest thing that generally gets people up and running, once NordVPN has been activated, is to open a new browser window in either private/incognito mode depending on the browser, then go to the Wycombe site and log in

• Fingers crossed for you on a successful outcome today @micra. I'm actually sitting looking at the rain in Majorca and trusting I'll get connected ok shortly!?‍♂️?‍♂️?

• Rain in Spain @ValleyWanderer? What’s it doing in the Balearics? At least it’s above 5 degrees Celsius I imagine. Feels like zero here.

• 14° here atm. Rain has stopped now but the key news is that I have a live picture and sound (well a looped repeat of "your matchday commentary will start soon")! Hope the same at your end.??

• I’m resigned to audio today (which at least enables me to attend to culinary duties and move about the house) and I did take a step towards being able to watch all games by signing up for a year to NordTV. Just need one of the family to put the finishing touches.

Hope the showers have moved away and also that you enjoy the match. And the rest of the break, of course.

• Ok, I’m thinking of going down this route, can someone explain in very simple English and computer language how I set up my iPad & lap top to watch the games.

• @yorkyblue said:
    Ok, I’m thinking of going down this route, can someone explain in very simple English and computer language how I set up my iPad & lap top to watch the games.

1) Purchase a VPN. There are plenty out there and everyone will have their favourite and reason - I use Bitdefender across all my devices.
    2) Open up the VPN. Normally the location / country will be set to Automatic. Change that to a country. I would choose something like Spain. Don't choose the UK for obvious reasons or a country we may be inflicting sanctions on.
    3) Log on to Wycombe TV or back in the old days iFollow and purchase a matchday video pass for a tenna. Enjoy

Your iPad or laptop will be telling the server you are in Spain etc so you are welcome to view games when you are overseas.

As I am paying my tenna I don't feel bad sharing this. Some away games I simply can't get to

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub,
    Thanks for that guide.
    I would add an additional step between 1) & 2) of clearing the cookies/cache on the web browser, so that Wanderers TV definitely doesn't think you are located in the UK.

Also it's worth clearly stating you'll need to pay for either a match day pass or have a subscription which gives access to the match day fixtures.

I have used Windscribe VPN (free, but added email to get 10GB per month data) which has worked well on android phone/tablet. The process is as you describe - each VPN makes selecting your viewing country slightly different - but it's a fairly painless process.

Finally does anyone know if I can use the "cast" option to transfer the live stream onto my TV via a Chromecast? I suspect not at it will involve using my WiFi and hence revealing my location without the screening affect of the VPN.

• If I understand chromecast, it should work just fine, you are connecting it to your device that is connecting to the internet through a VPN.

I'm a bit more low tech, I just have an HDMI <--> USB C cable that I use to plug my MacBook into the telly.

• edited March 2022

I use Mullvad on my M1 Macbook Air, I am constantly connected to a UK server, and then connect to a French server to watch games. On iFollow I used to get kicked off 2/3 times a game, but since WTV I havent been kicked once; I use Safari.

I also love that Screen Mirroring now works so i can stream to my AppleTV.

• To add, I purchased the International Season iFollow package which was significantly cheaper than a tenner a game. Hoping it will continue with WTV.

• @wermhatt said:
    I use Mullvad on my M1 Macbook Air, I am constantly connected to a UK server, and then connect to a French server to watch games. On iFollow I used to get kicked off 2/3 times a game, but since WTV I havent been kicked once; I use Safari.

I also love that Screen Mirroring now works so i can stream to my AppleTV.

Ha ! I got kicked off twice on Saturday. But on the whole WTV is a lot better.

• Just a further bit of info, which seems to help, and certainly can’t hurt. Use the private/incognito mode of whichever browser you choose. I haven’t experienced being booted out once since doing that.

In fact the last time I was kicked out was when I was actually abroad in France with dodgy WiFi!

• I too bought the £25 monthly pass which is a real bargain, especially as I cannot get to any games for now

• edited March 2022

I’ve also been unable to attend games recently following surgery and the VPN plus ifollow half season video ticket has been a godsend. And for the club it is extra income on top of my season ticket.

• Ok, I’ve installed vpn, selected country, bought £10 pass for Saturday, what do I do on Saturday to see the game?

• @yorkyblue, see the post from @TheAndyGrahamFanClub above and follow from step 2 onwards

• If you were able to buy the pass you will be able to watch the match following the same vpn procedure.