Skip to content

Vipienne Supporters Group

Comments

• @floyd said:
    You can stream anything for free!

True enough but this is legitimate!

• @floyd said:
    You can stream anything for free!

How can you stream Wycombe league games for free?

• @floyd said:

@Forest_Blue said:
    Does US tv cover every NFL game in their local market live?

For the most part, although if there's a big game that hasn't sold out it will be blacked out in the local market. Hard to compare the TV revenue in the NFL to what we're making or losing through VPNs tho.

Agreed.

But say we got to 1,000 viewers per game (world wide wanderers) that could be £460,000 gross per season…a tidy sum, even after deductions for the service, cameras etc.

• I’m on my iPad today as unexpectedly called into work. Does anyone know of a good free proxy with enough data to stream a match?

• Also up for any suggestions for a free one, albeit for the laptop.

Tried Windscribe again last night and it simply doesn't work anymore for me now the club have moved away from ifolllow to the wyc platform for whatever reason.
    Tried every step possible, deletions, signing in and out, different countries etc.

• @Malone I use NordVPN myself so i cant say personally if its any good, however i've heard a few people say that "Browsec" is a good free version.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/browsec-vpn-free-vpn-for/omghfjlpggmjjaagoclmmobgdodcjboh?hl=en

• @BSE said:
    @Malone I use NordVPN myself so i cant say personally if its any good, however i've heard a few people say that "Browsec" is a good free version.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/browsec-vpn-free-vpn-for/omghfjlpggmjjaagoclmmobgdodcjboh?hl=en

Thanks, by using the windscribe extension, i've now got the Accy game as an option...

However, it's the 2MB version, so not sure if that's enough data.

Unfortunately i've got in a bit of a mess with my account, and deleted the original details and email...and you're apparently only allowed 1 account per computer!
    So my original account has to stand, but as I deleted the email, I can't reset the password!!

• edited February 2022

@Twizz said:

@Malone said:
    Any other suggestions for free VPNs you can find online, install, and it works as well as I thought Windscribe worked?

Using Windscribe extension on Chrome - once I'd cleared the browsing history - it worked perfectly for me from Paris today.

Did you use the 2GB free option, or sign up with your email for 10?

• edited February 2022

@Malone. Sorry I've only just seen your question. I added email for 10 GB - so far I've not noticed any more spam, so I think it's quite safe to do so.

• edited February 2022

@Twizz said:
    @Malone. Sorry I've only just seen your question. I added email for 10 GB - so far I've not noticed any more spam, so I think it's quite safe to do so.

No probs. I bungled the account/email bit up but did get Saturday watched successfully.
    And a full game seems to take 0.2 GB only, so that 2GB per month should easily cover Wycombe aways each month.

• @Malone said:
    And a full game seems to take 0.2 GB only

Are you on a 56kbps dialup modem?!

• @Malone still scratching his head.

• @micra said:
    @Malone still scratching his head.

You can't beat Head and Shoulders every other day!

• It’s head and shoulders above other shampoos.

• @drcongo said:

@Malone said:
    And a full game seems to take 0.2 GB only

Are you on a 56kbps dialup modem?!

Not quite, but it's not exactly a razor sharp set-up.
    However, plenty decent enough to stream 2 games at the same time on dual screens.

• Does anyone know if starting off watching on the phone then logging into your laptop later works on the new system. Tube strike affected.

• Yeah, should be fine

• Anyone know how to work out your username? I can't seem to login on a new device and there is no obvious way of finding out on mobile (where I'm logged in) what my username is...

• @Glenactico it should be your email address

• @drcongo said:
    Yeah, should be fine

Like a treat, far too impatient to wait for half time.

• @drcongo said:
    @Glenactico it should be your email address

Ta. Obviously the pw in getting wrong then

• Does this region in France mean I can watch games for free? Please can someone run me through the method

• Not for free, but you can pay the usual £10 to watch games at 3pm on Saturday that would be unavailable to those based on the UK.

• edited March 2022

@thecatwwfc said:
    Does this region in France mean I can watch games for free? Please can someone run me through the method

Download/buy a VPN (I got a good deal with NordVPN)

Set your country to one other than the UK

Log into the Wycombe website and it allows you to buy a pass as an international subscriber for Saturday 3pm games.

I can’t do the long distance away games due to having a young family - I’ve been able to watch every game this season which has been awesome.

• Thanks for that @PrinceOfCrowell. I have a season ticket etc but have been unable to attend matches for health reasons for the last five months I may be tempted to try to set something up.

• @micra said:
    Thanks for that @PrinceOfCrowell. I have a season ticket etc but have been unable to attend matches for health reasons for the last five months I may be tempted to try to set something up.

Do the approach i mentioned the other day with Windscribe.

Use Chrome.
    Make sure you're logged out of your wycombe tv account.

Google Windscribe - download it for free as a Chrome extension.
    No need to even create an account or anything as 2GB per month seems plenty.

Then click into the little icon that looks like a tree on the far right of the internet address bar, click into the VPN, and switch it on to Paris or somewhere.

Log back into your Wanderers tv account, and go to matchday centre, and you should now have an option for the game.

• Sounds good to me @Malone. Many thanks.

• Thanks all. I'm in the process of introducing my 5 year old to Wycombe but after MK Dons I got way too many questions. Sad really that there is a possibility he could remember his first footballing experience as that.

I remember my first game. Wrexham at home - 3-0, 11 Apr 1995. I would have been 10. Paul Hyde was in the bar after and said it was the easiest game of his life. Imagine a player setting foot in a bar now after the game?!

• Any questions on Saturday feel free, I'll probs be on here at 2.30 if you need a quick back and forward of any questions :)

• You’re a brick @Malone.