Skip to content

Match day thread: Bolton

Comments

• @jessvl1 said:
    Vokes has just gotta be leathering that pen surely

Looks like Mehmeti was the planned taker (scored a decent one last season tbf), but I thought the same.

• The ref is having a bit of a shocker

• We look horrendously short of confidence in front of goal

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    We look horrendously short of confidence in front of goal

Not surprising with our ridiculous bad luck. No team in the league has hit the woodwork more times ?

• Get Grimmer on ffs

• Just depressing watching this way of playing today. Needless lumps into channels. No real passing. Waiting for the ref to blow because we've defended poorly

• I remember when goal frames were made of rectangular section wood but hitting the metalwork doesn’t have quite the same ring (other than sonically). They are metal, aren’t they?

• Kudos to Mehmeti. Very disappointing for me that none of the senior professionals...especially those looking for goals stepped up.

• Speakers aren't on in the terrace. Won't be able to hear what half time wonders they have planned for us

• We seem to be really narrow in midfield on our right, they’re attacking McCarthy constantly down that side.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Kudos to Mehmeti. Very disappointing for me that none of the senior professionals...especially those looking for goals stepped up.

It would have been decided in the week

They don't just wait for a penalty and then decide who fancies it

• @eric_plant said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Kudos to Mehmeti. Very disappointing for me that none of the senior professionals...especially those looking for goals stepped up.

It would have been decided in the week

They don't just wait for a penalty and then decide who fancies it

Mot entirely true. Back in Lamberts day, he always made it known whoever fancies it, takes it. Also last year Bayo had it from JJ.

• McCarthy's going walkabout is causing a chain reaction and throwing the whole defence off kilter. Grimmer should always start in a back 4.

• I don't think it's that bad a game.

Horgan and McCleary to come on and win it for us I reckon

• If by design then it's quite bizarre. But in any case, they're overloading that side cause they know it's soft.

• @eric_plant said:
    I don't think it's that bad a game.

Horgan and McCleary to come on and win it for us I reckon

I agree, it is a good game. We are looking pretty dangerous, just missing that final emphatic touch.

• Good chances about, decent players on both sides rather than good sides. It's there for us....

• Their keeper looks tiny

• edited November 2021

Vokes' quality comes out even more with the ball at his feet. We are so lucky.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Kudos to Mehmeti. Very disappointing for me that none of the senior professionals...especially those looking for goals have been deemed good enough to take penalties during training this week.

Fixed it @eric_plant

• McCleary looks like he wants to run and take people on, and do something in the attack. What a revelation!

• Feed the Vokes and he will score!!!!

• Get in Vokes

• Always said, get the ball in to Vokes.

• VOKES!!!!!!!

• McCarthy with a half-decent cross ?

• If you're not at the game please keep doing whatever you were when we scored...

• Lovely header, looked in the moment it left his head.

Keeper completely bamboozled

• Anis MOTM for me. Great to see him and GMac together!