Comments

• Stockdale
    McCarthy Stewart Taff Obita
    Thompson Wheeler
    Kaikai Mehmeti Hanlon
    Vokes

Or Hanlon further forward , or kaikai rwb, difficult to tell

Looks like Curtis might be busy again

• Son just said it looks like a tiki-taka team in a Brexit formation. Can anyone translate?

• @bigred87 said:
    What formation will that be?

Maybe 3-4-1-2? I dont think its 3-4-2-1 but there is a good shout that its 4-4-2. If it is then I think it's a pretty well balanced team.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Stockdale
    McCarthy Stewart Taff Obita
    Thompson Wheeler
    Kaikai Mehmeti Hanlon
    Vokes

Or Hanlon further forward , or kaikai rwb, difficult to tell

Looks like Curtis might be busy again

This but Hanlan right imo

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@jessvl1 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@PJS said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Vokes won't get a huge amount of change out of Ricardo Santos, so there is perhaps some logic to resting him and maybe throwing a curveball with Wheeler as a different kind of aerial threat - but I don't think that will happen.

My local team scored 5 against his defence in the week - Vokes should keep him busy even if he doesn’t get much change out of him

Tbh I think Wheeler will start in some capacity regardless - assuming Scowen and Gape are both missing.

I think Scowen will play based on GA’s comments the other night (although might be a bluff). Wheeler I agree though would make sense to come in, has looked bright recently off the bench

Oh really? Fingers crossed!

Not for the first time I was wrong! Manager speak in that case - GA had said that Scowen had pulled up tight and nothing more than that, but must be more significant or a training injury.

Exciting line up though aside from Scowen being missing, certainly you’d expect one of Wheeler, Mehmeti, Hanlan, Vokes or Kaikai to stick away a chance if given one

• Would have gone Grimmer over McCarthy, but at least there's less reliance on McCarthy to cross in this system

• Or a
    4-3-1-2
    Or 4 -2-3-1
    Or 4-1-2-2-1

No Plan B anyone?

• We seem to be making the same mistakes as last season, a couple of bad results and the team selection becomes a lottery.
    We had the players last season that were good enough to keep us up, this season we have players good enough to make a serious challenge. I hope GA isn't going to mess it up again.

• Just on the Bolton badge, not a looker but to me it always reminds me of the early/mid 2000s where ITV had the rights to The Premiership on a Sunday AM.

See also - Beautiful Day by U2

• Whatever the formation, I am over joyed to see mcCleary on the bench and must be close to a return.

• @TheDancingYak said:
    Whatever the formation, I am over joyed to see mcCleary on the bench and must be close to a return.

I’d expect to see him at some stage regardless of the scoreline

• Interesting to see McCarthy is captain

• @jessvl1 said:

@TheDancingYak said:
    Whatever the formation, I am over joyed to see mcCleary on the bench and must be close to a return.

Unless we are home and hosed (which I don’t think for a a sec we will be) I do too.

• @TheDancingYak said:
    Or a
    4-3-1-2
    Or 4 -2-3-1
    Or 4-1-2-2-1

No Plan B anyone?

No Plan C

• @jessvl1 said:

@TheDancingYak said:

Not if we are winning, we will need him at Plymouth.

• @Doob said:

We had the players last season that were good enough to keep us up, this season we have players good enough to make a serious challenge. I hope GA isn't going to mess it up again.

That was true when Uche was fit. We weren’t quite as effective without him

• @TheDancingYak said:

@jessvl1 said:

@TheDancingYak said:

Unless we are home and hosed (which I don’t think for a a sec we will be) I do too.

‘Someone’s gunna get a beating’ remember!

• Ditching 3atb makes sense as that system lacked value without quality deliveries into Vokes and we were wasting a CB

• McCleary on the bench ?????

• @jessvl1 said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@mooneyman said:

@jessvl1 said:

@TheDancingYak said:

Not if we are winning, we will need him at Plymouth.

30 min run out to blow some of the rust of the old legs probably wouldn’t hurt even if a couple ahead.

• @Doob said:
    We seem to be making the same mistakes as last season, a couple of bad results and the team selection becomes a lottery.

What part of today's line up is a "lottery"?

• I think it is a pretty decent line-up, whilst I would have preferred Grimmer at RB can understand after Tuesday why McCarthy was given the nod

• Dropping players that aren't performing is part of the deal

• To be fair the bench looks strong too

• So we move to a back 4 first time in ages, and Bolton switch from their usual back 4 to a 3 at the back system.

Funny how it works

• Al hammadi signed

• Ali Al-Hamadi officially announced

• See they just introduced Ali Al-Hamadi with the regulation centre circle photo op and shirt holding ceremony