Skip to content

Match day thread: Bolton

Comments

• Baptiste, Aimson and Santos seem like a very physical back line, but Hanlan and Vokes should be up for it

• @Croider said:
    So we move to a back 4 first time in ages, and Bolton switch from their usual back 4 to a 3 at the back system.

Funny how it works

Which now makes me think our shape could resemble something closer to 4-4-2 (probably more 4-2-2-2)

• Doesn't it just feel like a crazy game is about to unfold? Cue 0-0, of course.

• This fire stuff is nonsense really

• Do they know the recycling bins are on fire...oh, it's on purpose

• Why are there 6 recycling bins on fire?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Do they know the recycling bins are on fire...oh, it's on purpose

Well 5 of the 6 are

• The voiceover on IFollow sounds like he’s saying “the comedy show is about to begin”. Hope not!

• This fire stuff really is horrific

• Why the fuck are the speakers so load my heads spinning

• Same son now covering face in embarrassment at this “fireworks display”

• Would be better if was synced up with the teams coming out or something. Get everyone cheering, add a bit of drama. Instead we're all just watching some fire for 3 minutes. Bit awkward.

• Commentary of course. Nick Freeman is an unknown quantity in that role of course.

• That type of thing might appeal to 13 year old Americans jacked up on monster energy drinks but not for me thanks.

• @bigred87 said:
    Why the fuck are the speakers so load my heads spinning

Yeah, I think my bad ear might be about to fall off

• @OxfordBlue said:
    That type of thing might appeal to 13 year old Americans jacked up on monster energy drinks but not for me thanks.

Yeah I think it’s a big NFL thing but in league 1 in a time where the environment is centre of the story, it’s completely irresponsible

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@bigred87 said:
    Why the fuck are the speakers so load my heads spinning

Yeah, I think my bad ear might be about to fall off

Was the other one damaged in an ill-fated stadium fire display?

• @therabbittest said:
    Ali Al-Hamadi officially announced

Christ. Apparently he’s 19. I would have put money he was closer to 39 than 19.

• Actually a diamond then

• What's the formation? In row a of family stand today can't tell....

• Not a fan of my RB leading the press, especially when it's McCarthy. Almost got into trouble.

• Looks like a 4231 with Wheeler and Thompson holding. Making Bolton look like Barca right now

• Ref didn’t watch the euros

• Hang on it is more of a diamond or 532

• edited November 2021

Same old problem with Mehmeti. Seems in a rush to get the ball close to goal without actually knowing what he's going to do with it. Which only really seems to have come into his game this season.

• Nick Freeman says it’s 4312 with Mehmessi in the 10 role. And has won a penalty. Nick superb on commentary.

• Fucking hell lads

• It's a free shot on goal, hit it high and you'll score

• Vokes has just gotta be leathering that pen surely

• Cow's behind and banjo come to mind.