Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• If your food ends up on a Twitter account with over 50,000 followers, you probably want it to be for the right reasons...

• edited November 2021

If it's that picture you'd probably also want to be able to claim it tastes better than it looks. It doesn't.

• That doesn't look like any cheese I've ever seen

• Bit embarrassing isn't it?

We should also start a sweepstake on when there will be hot water in the toilets

• The food offering is a real own goal. I’m surprised they haven’t addressed the cost or quality.

I see a lot more people bringing their own food and I’ve not bought anything since the first game. They’d normally have had about £50 out of me by now at the old prices / offer.

• £7 and someone has already had a bite out of it outrageous

• The football scran Twitter account could prove to be a massive help in showing up how fans get exploited and spoilt at various clubs. Some of the food on there looks outstanding. Ours is more at the other end of the spectrum

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    The food offering is a real own goal. I’m surprised they haven’t addressed the cost or quality.

I see a lot more people bringing their own food and I’ve not bought anything since the first game. They’d normally have had about £50 out of me by now at the old prices / offer.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing anyone with food in the stands on Saturday

• Not a chance in hell I'd pay £7 for the thing in that picture. The only food I've bought at the ground this season is a vegan hotdog from a van in the car park, and I don't see any of the people who sit near me buying food at half time any more.

• The price of the burger seems to have almost a part of its description as Wayne Rooneys Derby County. How the club haven’t cottoned on to it being called the ‘Seven Pound Burger’ is an own goal.
    Does anyone use the Fetch App? The queues for food and drink seem just as long.

I wonder what the food sales are like in the ground. I’ve seen some great pack lunches in the Frank Adams this season.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    If your food ends up on a Twitter account with over 50,000 followers, you probably want it to be for the right reasons...

That really is appalling ...

• I havnt bothered buying food yet this season, too expensive and I can manage to go a couple of hours without

• edited November 2021

I wish every owner of a sports team would read this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/sports/football/nfl-concessions.html

In summary, Atlanta decreased food prices in the stadium by 50% (while adding really nice local options beyond what is normally available in stadiums), but the average spend still went up by 16% per person.

It shows that good quality + good value can actually equal more profit, not less.

• I used to arrive a coupe of hours early, enjoy a pint and a pie or recently a German Sausage, also I'd stay after match for another pint. I no longer do this and walk in with 15 to go and depart straight after. I don't do BBQ so I don't touch food at the club at all now and I will not be ripped off. My matchday experience has deserted me totally. That's fine if the club excel so I respect that I am insignificant to the overall. Wrong route for us IMHO.

• Surely the Couhigs are seeing some of these comments. If they are then please do something about it guys as the next step will be we will be losing fans by the bucket load!!!
    The food is crap and too expensive - you have done away with the match day programme - we are unable to park. No wonder people are eating before they arrive, getting to the ground late and getting away ASAP!!!

• And no hot water in the toilets is disgusting and smacks of an organisation that doesn’t care two hoots about its supporters. Come on you guys get it sorted!!

• The programme going was inevitable - sales were as good as non-existent

• I also forgot to mention that I REALLY miss the 50/50 matchday draw. Never won it but some excitement at half time. Hot water would seem an unbelievable luxury but driers in the Frank Adams toilets would help, especially as the paper usually has run out before kick off.

• Spot on re. the 50/50 draw. That must've been profitable for the club so I have no idea why they got rid of it, no matter how small the profit.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    The food offering is a real own goal. I’m surprised they haven’t addressed the cost or quality.

Same with me Lloyd. My mate and I have now got in the habit of bringing our own food into the ground, which over the course of a season, will add up to about £250 loss to the club.

• During a recent home game a friend sat next to me in the Frank Adams Stand had a constant flow of rain throughout the game landing on his head and shoulders presumably through a hole in the roof. At half time he spoke with a steward who provided zero information relative to informing the club of this issue. My friend later attended the ticket office and changed his seat. In the future some other attendee to a game will use that seat. I hope for their sake it will not be raining. I do not go anywhere near the food for reasons well covered elsewhere in this thread. What I miss in my match day experience are the simple things ie. 50-50 draw, half time entertainment and mascot. Had a E Mail before the cup replay offering pre-match meal in the Woodlands Suite in my wife’s name, no thanks. Overall my match day has experience has altered not for the best.

• @our_frank has the bird poop gone on the terrace?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    And no hot water in the toilets is disgusting and smacks of an organisation that doesn’t care two hoots about its supporters. Come on you guys get it sorted!!

Wasn't fixing the toilets part of the Couhig manifesto when they were pitching for our votes? In these pandemic times they are grotty and unhygenic.

It's about time we had a Rob message and I am hoping he updates on what has been learnt. The early communication after the Leicester game has dropped off recently.
    I wonder how many 'Seven pound burgers' the club sell?

• I have noticed on twitter that after every game they used to ask you to rate your match day experience.... but now havnt for a while

• I miss the 50-50 too. It’s been part of my match day ritual for 25 years and we’d normally buy at least 5. I always felt it was a good way to contribute to the clubs coffers.

• Fixing toilets was indeed part of the pitch @Right_in_the_Middle. I'm fairly confident that the Couhig's will eventually get things sorted in this respect but matchday experience changes are really down to the managers/advisors insitu and reporting back to RC. The biggest hurdle that the Couhig's face is the understanding of the supporters culture and the British obsession with keeping expenditure down and value for money. I'm sure this stems from our privations during the war years and is very deep rooted in the older generation irrespective of their wealth.

• @ReturnToSenda yes maybe the programme sales have been well down but to be honest I am not surprised as the content was mainly adverts.

I bought the Rotherham away programme and that was really good. A superb review of our club and players, just what you want.

In my opinion the killing off of the programme is a real shame and another nail in the coffin of my personal match day experience.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    The biggest hurdle that the Couhig's face is the understanding of the supporters culture and the British obsession with keeping expenditure down and value for money. I'm sure this stems from our privations during the war years and is very deep rooted in the older generation irrespective of their wealth.

This is exactly it.

• I actually think the quality of the burger is good, the cheese is nice and the quality of the meat is much improved.

However £7 (or £9.50 if you want a drink too) is an absolute ripoff and I refuse to pay it.

From the parking to the food to the 50/50 draw it looks as though the management have completely misunderstood a fan’s perspective of value for money.

Not to reignite a different debate again but my Dad and I were members of the Woodlands for years, used to have several rounds of drinks and often food at each game. We buy hardly anywhere near as much now as can’t be bothered to stand in the queues in the tent.
    I hope the people buying the vastly inflated tickets for the Woodlands are worth it, when I was last in the terrace for a cup game it looked as though a lot of the boxes were empty so maybe people are paying for Woodlands instead of paying for a box and there’s no extra money.

• Seems to me there's a good opportunity for the trust to run the 50:50 and generate some operating cash for the trust.