Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:

They're antennae - even burgers have 5G now.

Might be one way to get the vaccine inside people.

• I really would like to see our players and manager calling out that sickening chant (Milton Keynes) and those who sung it from the Wycombe end against Oxfords striker, on video that gets shared all around.

I don’t want some online press release on it, and I’d like those ‘fans’ of ours who have sung it or try to again in future to be outed and banned.

On a proper downer on this and I’ll happily hand back my season tickets if this shit continues.

I also think with the animosity today towards the Milton Keynes fans that they shouldn’t have been allowed out of the stadium for 15 minutes at the end to dilute tensions.

Matchday experience -
    Football 3/10
    Atmosphere 0/10
    Guns & Roses before KO 0/10
    Volume of microphone -(minus)5/10. Has the club actually ever heard of a soundcheck?

• I was actually in earlier than usual today, but don't recall Guns & Roses before kick off?
    What was the problem with that?

• @Malone said:
    I was actually in earlier than usual today, but don't recall Guns & Roses before kick off?

They're shit

• I don’t think Welcome To Jungle is the best to whip up an atmosphere at ten to three. Personally.

• 1 minutes applause for Richard in the 7th minute 10/10

• The sound system from my lofty perch was clearly broken today. Couldn’t hear a thing.

The club need to do better at stopping flares in the ground. Unacceptable.

All rather incidental compared to the horrible atmosphere in the ground where so many fans of lots of clubs seem to have stopped cheering their own team and are just content with abuse.

On a plus side I didn’t have to sit with my feet in water today

• @HolmerBlue said:

@Malone said:
    I was actually in earlier than usual today, but don't recall Guns & Roses before kick off?

They're shit

What's your idea of music utopia out of interest?

• @username123 said:
    I don’t think Welcome To Jungle is the best to whip up an atmosphere at ten to three. Personally.

What would be, just out of interest?

And thoughts on that woeful Reasons to be Cheerful they insist on playing at half time?
    What's that, 70s, seems a very odd choice of song.

• @Malone said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@Malone said:

They're shit

Haha was waiting for that ! Very mixed if I'm honest, just don't happen to be a big fan of Guns & Roses. Sorry

• Ian Dury went to RGS

• Sex and drugs and rock and roll football

• edited January 2022

@Lloyd2084 said:
    Ian Dury went to RGS

So did Howard Jones, and we're not playing "New Song" every week.

Or pumping Little Mix out when one of their members was born in Wycombe and has actually had a song out in the last 30 odd years.> @HolmerBlue said:

@Malone said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@Malone said:

They're shit

Haha was waiting for that ! Very mixed if I'm honest, just don't happen to be a big fan of Guns & Roses. Sorry

Nicely bottled.

• edited January 2022

Couldn't we at least mix it up a bit with Our House and stick the CSNY (better) song of that name in there

• They used to love playing Mr Blue Sky and Mike and the Mechanics "looking back over my shoulder" one repeatedly.

Decent songs, but I just remember those 2 over any other song.

• Reasons to be cheerful is a top tune. Can’t fault it. We’ve come a long way from Elton John and Status Quo.

• @Malone said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    Ian Dury went to RGS

So did Howard Jones, and we're not playing "New Song" every week.

Or pumping Little Mix out when one of their members was born in Wycombe and has actually had a song out in the last 30 odd years.> @HolmerBlue said:

@Malone said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@Malone said:

They're shit

Nicely bottled.

Not bottled at all, I genuinely can't say that I have one particular type of music that I like, 80's is my era, but even the 80's I find is hit and miss, either great or rubbish. I just find all the heavy/hard rock boring and repetitive

• At Watford in the 1980s, Muff Winwood the Head of A&R at CBS records was on the Board and they only played CBS artists over the PA (plus Elton of course).

• The club play the same songs in the same order every single game in the pre match. Hopefully they'll swap it around a bit soon

• 1170am used to stick the same songs in the same order from 10pm every night including Unchain my Heart, All my loving and Missing you by John Waite.

Maybe it’s a nod to that?

• Remember Alan Parry's Wycombe show on 1170? Was either Thursday or Friday evening if I remember correctly.

Used to tune in religiously every week. Great stuff

• Has anyone else noticed on twitter that whenever we win we get asked to mark the experience out of 10, when we lose it never seems to get put on there. Would've been interesting this week

• @peterparrotface said:
    1170am used to stick the same songs in the same order from 10pm every night including Unchain my Heart, All my loving and Missing you by John Waite.

Maybe it’s a nod to that?

When I used to be on nights in the print industry, 1170 would play the same songs but in a different order, they were all tunes that they had to be paid minimum royalties.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Has anyone else noticed on twitter that whenever we win we get asked to mark the experience out of 10, when we lose it never seems to get put on there. Would've been interesting this week

No surprise there, it's club PR not meaningful polling. Always thought the music choices were a bit self indulgent with focus on what Pete and Gaz would like on in the car, not that they won't be busy elsewhere when it actually plays, rather than setting atmosphere or what those in the ground would like but you aren't going to keep 5000 people happy with every choice, maybe needs a bit more rotation.

• Turn the PA off and let the crowd build the atmosphere.

• Has anyone been to Vicarage Road recently? You could be roaring into a megaphone and the person next to you still wouldn't hear a word you're saying. I'm glad it's not like that at AP, cause it felt like it was going to be briefly!

• @floyd said:
    Turn the PA off and let the crowd build the atmosphere.

If yesterday is anything to go by, that's an absolute non-starter.

• edited January 2022

@floyd said:
    Turn the PA off and let the crowd build the atmosphere.

It's been fairly quiet for ages now. Don't get the wrong impression that the PA is blocking the noise or something.

• How about blasting classical really loudly? That would be both unexpected and a little hilarious.

• Though joking apart, there is a reason movies rely so heavily on classical to build mood and atmosphere. If done well, it could be awesome.