Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• The environmental impact of fireworks gets brought up a lot on here... Can anyone help me out as I'd never heard this? How do the greenhouse gas emissions compare to other standard activities? E.g. burning a bonfire, running a charcoal bbq, driving a coach to Carlisle away etc.

• Yep plenty of toilet paper, handwash, hot water and hand towels (if no hand driers)

• Someone asked me today, the simple question of can you buy on the day.
    I genuinely don't know these days. Can you? Or does it have to be online before hand?

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    Think the money that is spent on the fireworks should be better spent on upgrading the toilets..how much would they cost every time they do a display ? 2 k ?

Heard a guy fuming at the people on the door to the Vere Suite at about 2.45pm, to get things sorted out in the bogs and who’s in charge in this place etc etc. Began the rant with having no bog roll in the cubicles but I missed the rest as I was going into the ground at that point. Have to say it is a bit embarrassing in the middle of a pandemic and playing the card of fan experience all the time. No hot water or soap in the toilet block I tend to use!!

• @Last_Quarter said:
    The environmental impact of fireworks gets brought up a lot on here... Can anyone help me out as I'd never heard this? How do the greenhouse gas emissions compare to other standard activities? E.g. burning a bonfire, running a charcoal bbq, driving a coach to Carlisle away etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/2019/12/31/festive-fireworks-create-harmful-pall-of-pollution/

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    For me it is imperative that any business looking to enhance the customer experience gets the basics absolutely right before they get involved with the fripperies.

In no particular order these are

Ease of purchase of tickets
    Ease of access to/from the venue
    Clean, well stocked toilets
    Clean, well stocked hospitality areas (bars/kiosks/food outlets)
    Adequately staffed hospitality areas
    Clear signage
    Clean public spaces
    Audible and clear PA
    Good value for money tickets
    Good value for money merchandise
    Good value for money food and drink

So far I am not sure that they have managed to tick off all of these - fireworks etc. should wait until all of these are sorted

Bang on !

• @Malone said:
    Someone asked me today, the simple question of can you buy on the day.
    I genuinely don't know these days. Can you? Or does it have to be online before hand?

You can, but I think you have to do it online? Strangely, considering I thought we'd gone paperless, I got a traditional physical ticket having swapped my ST to go behind the goal yesterday. Not just a print-out either, an actual ticket ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Someone asked me today, the simple question of can you buy on the day.

You can, but I think you have to do it online? Strangely, considering I thought we'd gone paperless, I got a traditional physical ticket having swapped my ST to go behind the goal yesterday. Not just a print-out either, an actual ticket ?

I said do it on the day, but online to be safe!
    I think I've been on a bus with people buying online on the way in! I suppose it is much easier that way, ticket to your phone, straight in.

Used to be good for memories keeping tickets, but it's the way everything has gone.
    Back to the days people used to buy 1000s of cds or dvds. Imagine the idea of doing that these days.

• Oddly, CDs still sell quite well!

• I've still got loads of cd's (that I never listen to) and dvds ! So many dvds that my missus went and bought a cheap dvd player when the old one broke just in case

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    But for real, I can't speak for the Frank Adams, but in the rest of the ground the toilets are fairly grim.

Have you ever tried Luton's?

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    But for real, I can't speak for the Frank Adams, but in the rest of the ground the toilets are fairly grim.

I'm not classing that as a toilet

• I thought if you looked in the dictionary Luton WAS the definition of a toilet

• Reading @Malone post on paper tickets and keeping them for the memories, reminded me of following an elderly AFC supporter down Hill Bottom Road. He had a transistor radio glued to his ear. Reminded me of going to matches in the 70s/early 80s, when nearly everyone had a radio attached to their ear, particularly after the game listening to final score on radio 2. Happy days, apart from the regular fights that ensued at the rail stations!?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

I'm not classing that as a toilet

Also, I don't think Luton's owners claim that Kenilworth Rd is the greatest stadium in the country

• edited December 2021

I can't remember his exact wording - it's in that interview on the club website - but Rob said something along the lines of AP having the best entertainment etc. in the EFL, probably better than some PL grounds. Even if that were true, I'd find it hard to get all braggy about, but then 'matchday experience' for me = simply going to watch the football ?‍♂️

• By the by, I've noticed the terrace toilets have tended to have plenty of hand towels available, even at half time, this season. I won't say they're presented terribly well - they are generally piled on the sinks - but I've noticed they have been there. Not sure that was routinely so in previous seasons.

• The toilets are disgusting.

• Switching briefly (me, briefly?!) back to food, I note that the guy who failed to get a pizza pitch at Adams Park is doing very nicely at the Madejski. Currently on holiday in Mauritius!

• You can buy on the day from a ticket office. Just not with cash.

• What's his pizza van/stole called @micra? I'm a pizza nut

• @bigred87 : it’s Aroma wood fired pizza I think. Very classy (as befits someone who owned a fine Italian restaurant - Dolce - in Woburn (?Wooburn) Green for 12 years).

• @bigred87 : I’ve not been able to track down any details on line unfortunately - just a similarly named business in Plymouth!
    I saw something from October 2020 referring to what may have been Pasquale’s van no longer being outside the Hour Glass but full story could only be accessed via Facebook. All a bit of a mystery.

• The price is scandalous (although I think it's in a VIP section), but look: CHIPS!

• tbf that looks like a pretty great burger.

• I saw a picture on Facebook at the weekend of some food from Sunderland, pulled beef on top of chips and with gravy, looked loads of it as well for £6. If I knew how to do the links and post pictures I'd do it !

• But why do you need 2 straws stuck into it? Is it, in fact, a milk shake cunningly disguised as a burger?

• I think its a plastic knife and fork

• @Twizz said:
    But why do you need 2 straws stuck into it? Is it, in fact, a milk shake cunningly disguised as a burger?

They're antennae - even burgers have 5G now.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I saw a picture on Facebook at the weekend of some food from Sunderland, pulled beef on top of chips and with gravy, looked loads of it as well for £6. If I knew how to do the links and post pictures I'd do it !

I thought they did cheesy chips for a quid.