Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• edited December 2021

Last night really highlighted the food situation again. Short of a few kids with the smallest pies I've ever seen at a football match, I didn't see anyone with hot food. A couple of years back, the chips would have been absolutely flying out of the kiosks on a cold night like that. It really is not good enough.

• @micra said:
    Is that a response to the Malign/Wingnut exchange yesterday ?

Will this become an ongoing thing? Reminds me of NME's constant tweeking of Bryan Ferry's name back in the day, because they knew how much he hated it being misspelt. Eventually they just referred to him as Brain Fury.

• Malone to Malign is like changing to micra to mackdaddy.
    Bit of a stretch I think :D

• @arnos_grove said:
    Yeah, cos we all just rock up at Adams Park after a wholly necessary 10 minute trip in the car, having left the house at 2pm after a nice bit of lunch.

I told you this would happen @wingnut!

• Couldn't one simply get the old limo to drop you at the gates after you've filled up on cheese and canapes at Number 10? Burgers? How awfully common.

• The BBQ burgers at the ground now are actually genuinely good, so for the first time ever I'm spending money on food at least semi regularly at the ground

• @Username said:
    The BBQ burgers at the ground now are actually genuinely good, so for the first time ever I'm spending money on food at least semi regularly at the ground

Is that by the beer tent? How much are those ones?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Last night really highlighted the food situation again. Short of a few kids with the smallest pies I've ever seen at a football match, I didn't see anyone with hot food. A couple of years back, the chips would have been absolutely flying out of the kiosks on a cold night like that. It really is not good enough.

Have to say my wife had a steak pie from the FA stand kiosk last night and said it was one of the best ever. Whether it was 'worth' £7 is something Oscar Wilde may like to consider.

• @peterparrotface said:

@Username said:

Is that by the beer tent? How much are those ones?

Think they are circa £8?

• It is a ridiculous price to pay for a pie or burger. People are starving and living on the streets in Wycombe and we are asked to pay £7/£8 for a pie.

• I appreciate we don’t have to buy them and no one is forcing us to do so but it is absolutely disgusting.

• £7 or £8 for that sort of burger is absolutely standard for decent event food nowadays

• @Username said:
    £7 or £8 for that sort of burger is absolutely standard for decent event food nowadays

Are they £8 then?

• edited December 2021

@Username said:
    £7 or £8 for that sort of burger is absolutely standard for decent event food nowadays

It's not at most League 1 football grounds!

• Plus a very nice cheese burger and chips was £5 in the Man City fan village. I know the volume of people is much higher and thus the economy of scales model is very different but I found that very reasonable indeed.

• This is why I will never understand finance.....I would think make nice things to eat available at reasonable prices means more people eat nice things and pay the money...make even nice(ish) things quite expensive or unavailable...less people eat...less money.
    (I fully realise I risk an @DevC epic explanation which I will not read...)

• @Wendoverman said:
    This is why I will never understand finance.....I would think make nice things to eat available at reasonable prices means more people eat nice things and pay the money...make even nice(ish) things quite expensive or unavailable...less people eat...less money.
    (I fully realise I risk an @DevC epic explanation which I will not read...)

I will do a Dev! If you sell 200 burgers at £7 a go with say £5 profit on each that results in £1k total profit. If you sell 400 of the same burgers at £4 a go resulting in £2 profit on each leading to a lower overall total profit of £800. You also need less staff to sell 200 against 400 and less queues. A win win situation except for the fans.

I am sure Dev will give you a much more eloquent and detailed example shortly.

• thanks @mooneyman I'll stick to having me dinner before the game and bringing some crisps.

• Had the turkey pie last night and it was tasty but £7 is very steep! Won't bother again unless I am desperate. Was pleasantly surprised by the Rebellion "winter royal " on tap last night so a big thumbs up on that one ?

• @peterparrotface said:

@Username said:

Are they £8 then?

I think £8 for the one I got (with bacon onion and cheese), think there was a few different burgers/ double burgers from 7-10 ish

• @Username said:

@peterparrotface said:

@Username said:

Are they £8 then?

I think £8 for the one I got (with bacon onion and cheese), think there was a few different burgers/ double burgers from 7-10 ish

Cheers, just interested

• The prices are pretty standard aren’t they. Saw seven pound for a Bratwurst at a Christmas market the other day and £10 for a burger at a local park.
    Trouble with Adams Park is the quality is so poor.

Having said that the BBQ burger from the car park is £8 and sits very nicely against Christmas market and park offerings.

Last night the club only opening one of the two Frank Adams stand outlets. I am guessing they were short on staff but maybe they could see a low crowd turning up.

My overall match evening experience last night just bought back memories from better days. A 50-50 draw ticket or two followed by a programme and then a burger in my seat. All things of the past but at least the low crowd made car parking easier

• I went to Sheffield United on Sunday last week after doing Weds on Saturday.
    £4.50 for a pie at United. Sausage rolls were £4 put they were massive and proper farmer sausage rolls rather than Greggs style cheap stuff.
    I’ve done the 92 and I can only really remember Arsenal being really really expensive. Obviously didn’t eat everywhere!
    Everton earlier this season was £6 for a pie and a pint.
    I’ve tried to find a list of all the clubs and current prices online but nothing seems to have been done this season.
    My gut feeling is we are in the top three of most expensive pies / burgers in the country.
    Best case scenario we are still in the top 10.
    Why is it so difficult? Linda does burgers with all the trimmings for a maximum of £5.50 but as little as £4. It really cannot be that difficult.
    I just don’t get it…

• It's because their sole motivation is profit

• @eric_plant said:
    It's because their sole motivation is profit

If it is, then I'm not sure they're going about it the right way. Just pricing things very high doesn't automatically mean higher profits, especially when you're competing with another, far better value option literally right outside your gates. This feels more like "fuck you money" - the amount you charge when you don't actually give a toss whether people take your business or not. Every business will occasionally get custom that they don't actually want to serve, the obvious way to handle that is to charge fuck you money: You win if they pay it, you've made a shit load of money. You win if they don't pay it, you didn't want the work anyway.

• Pete Couhig tweeted a while back that profits were up

• To be fair, he mentioned quality as well

• Fuck you money is working then.

• @drcongo said:
    Fuck you money is working then.

TV money is