Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• @mooneyman said:
    I'm confused like you @Right_in_the_Middle with "the profits up" message from the club. A friend and myself each spend about £10.00 less per game now so over a season that is around £400.

Out of that £10 each per match day how much was club profit? If you both spent on programmes, unfortunately a loss maker, that affects the figures.

50/50 - just how profitable was that after printing and sales costs taken into account? Again possibly marginal profit.

Food - according to PC this is now more profitable but I don’t know if that is on a per sale and takes into account loss of sales from people like yourself.

As I’m sure you appreciate, in many scenarios not just at football clubs, the sums are more complex than the initial high level figures seem.

But I appreciate your frustration at food quality. I’ve only been over for a single game this season and wasn’t impressed with the offerings for the price. But that visit was for the opening match and I could put things down to teething issues.

• I've spent the past half hour reading through this thread. My matchday experience is set in stone - 4 miles walk into town for the Rose & Crown, meet mates, find a takeaway then walk to the ground. Might do more at the ground if they got some decent (real) ciders on. But happy at present, in any case, here are my thoughts.

FOOD: Some of the options sound good, but surely the money is going to other vendors. How easy would it be for the club to batch cook a curry or do chips. Easy and a missed opportunity.

PROGRAMME: How about a monthly mag in its place. Encourage fans to write articles in return for a free copy (including away fans) Thus negating the costs of staff to write it. Make it digitally available for a quid too.

BUSES: Not used for Saturdays as I get a lift or walk back. The midweek bus service is all well and good, but no use when all the buses from town pack up about 9.30. Would be nice to see a variety of routes to towns and villages introduced for midweek.

CONTACTLESS: Love it, or would if I ever bought anything at the ground. Much prefer card but maybe offer a pre-paid/top up card for those who don't have/like it

CLUB SHOP: Very overpriced and limited range, already got plenty of Wycombe stuff but wouldn't mind a new waterproof coat and notebooks would be nice if reasonably priced. Also, a good quality drawstring bag.

TICKETS: Has to be made easier by the sounds of it. My digital season ticket works great, however. In terms of location, I get my ST in the terrace as that's where all my mates are. Maybe make it easier to upgrade to a better stand in-app for the occasional treat. And for smaller away followings, let the home fans have the Hilbottom Road end option for once, the acoustics are great, bet the view is too.

OTHER SUGGESTIONS: Make highlights available to watch on the AP Wifi on your phone, make pre match a fan Jukebox with fans able to request songs on an app for a fee, had no idea that 50/50 had been scrapped - mad. Again, maybe make it an app thing, with regular sub available and tickets available leading up to the game.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Does this Fetch app work?

The queue at half time for food and drink still seems long and I don't see any evidence of a Fetch collection point.

Thought this was going to be one step away from waiter service to your seat but it's all gone very quiet.

My match day spend is much less these days with no draw tickets, programme and very often no food. But if the profits are really up as discussed I wonder both how and if thats helps the match day experience in any way? If I bought a pie would we get more fire displays for example?

It did last time I used it, to order a coffee. That was then made available at a separate counter to the side of where the queue was being served. Frank Adams Stand Kiosk 8.

If you are missing the 50/50 draw tickets then don't forget the Quarters Ball Club Draw - open to all WWFC fans and not just Trust members.

• Selling quality with a greater margin is the only way forward. @mooneyman seems to be the only one on here who understands economics - “turnover is vanity, profit is sanity”.

• Quick mention on the burgers. People can sometimes justify / feel more comfortable with paying a bit more for something home made where there is more manual time involved, rather than just bulk bought in frozen etc ready to be heated up. I found out last week that the burgers are made / prepared at the ground in the kitchens by a lot of the new hospitality staff the club / caterers took on this season. Just thought it worth sharing, and actually would be a better selling point if the club publicised this!!

• As much as I don't mind the change, the club going cashless and "paper-free" for environmental reasons rings seriously hollow when you consider the amount of paper wasted on hand drying in the terrace toilets.

• @therabbittest said:
    As much as I don't mind the change, the club going cashless and "paper-free" for environmental reasons rings seriously hollow when you consider the amount of paper wasted on hand drying in the terrace toilets.

Unfortunately you can't be 100% Green overnight and some areas take more thought.

Like taking away the once a season credit card style season ticket (unless you pay for it). Yet people swilling copious amounts of booze from single use plastic cups every single game without question.

• edited December 2021

@therabbittest said:
    As much as I don't mind the change, the club going cashless and "paper-free" for environmental reasons rings seriously hollow when you consider the amount of paper wasted on hand drying in the terrace toilets.

Not to mention the fireworks

• Very early in their tenure Wheels collared the new owners and asked for a ‘green initiative’ around the club. Corn starch bio degradable cups would be part of that. I don’t know what became of it.
    By the way Wheels is a wonderful human being on every level and goes about things in a quiet but purposeful. As Gaz says we are lucky to have ‘the Swiss Army pen-knife’ at the club.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Very early in their tenure Wheels collared the new owners and asked for a ‘green initiative’ around the club. Corn starch bio degradable cups would be part of that. I don’t know what became of it.
    By the way Wheels is a wonderful human being on every level and goes about things in a quiet but purposeful. As Gaz says we are lucky to have ‘the Swiss Army pen-knife’ at the club.

This seems like a decent initiative:

Very early in their tenure Wheels collared the new owners and asked for a ‘green initiative’ around the club. Corn starch bio degradable cups would be part of that. I don’t know what became of it.

POTD

I thought that's what we got in the beer tent, are they not?

• I have to say that today and Tuesday represent the worry that I have about home games now. Totally and utterly flat atmosphere (singing and support chanting has stopped since the drummer ban), a large population of people sitting in their cars prior to and after KO and not spending money in the bars. Lack of food choice and absurd (take the piss) prices. Back to heavy rock music before KO (another reason to stay in your car). No fun at HT with the 50/50 and/or kids penalties. The team may be "Wycombeised" and have a club feel, but for me it's just totally dissapeared as a supporter. I no longer feel part of Wycombe and even though we seem to win and draw, it's just a flat experience. Perhaps I'm getting too old and time to call it a day as I no longer really look forward to the games and seem to drag myself there. Where has the 'Club' gone? Sorry, just saying.

• I disagree about the atmosphere in the terrace, both Tuesday and yesterday was much better, definitely more singing and chanting... maybe it's the acoustics making it sound quiet ?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I have to say that today and Tuesday represent the worry that I have about home games now. Totally and utterly flat atmosphere (singing and support chanting has stopped since the drummer ban), a large population of people sitting in their cars prior to and after KO and not spending money in the bars. Lack of food choice and absurd (take the piss) prices. Back to heavy rock music before KO (another reason to stay in your car). No fun at HT with the 50/50 and/or kids penalties. The team may be "Wycombeised" and have a club feel, but for me it's just totally dissapeared as a supporter. I no longer feel part of Wycombe and even though we seem to win and draw, it's just a flat experience. Perhaps I'm getting too old and time to call it a day as I no longer really look forward to the games and seem to drag myself there. Where has the 'Club' gone? Sorry, just saying.

The atmosphere is definitely worse without the (better) drummer.

However, I really don't understand your disenfranchisement overall.

We've got owners who really care and they've turned the club around. It's easy to take a nostalgic view of trust ownership, but much of it was spent slumming it in L2 nearly getting relegated to non-league, and that is the trajectory we were probably back on without the Couhigs' cash.

Yes, they've tried some stuff which hasn't worked, and got rid of some stuff that people did like. But they're going to make mistakes and adapt over time.

• Yes, could be as I'm in the FA. I suppose it could all be a consequence of Covid and the things I enjoyed are the most affected.

• edited December 2021

Rob: "I'm committed to more fireworks as soon as I get a chance" ?https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/december/rob-we-will-continue-to-build/

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Rob: "I'm committed to more fireworks as soon as I get a chance" ?https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/december/rob-we-will-continue-to-build/

Can't understand the moaning about fireworks although I think he's definitely getting carried away with how good the stadium/ experience is for the average fan. Not to decry the improvements that have been put in or him dragging us out of the brown stuff financially.

• They're cringeworthy and undermine the positive environmental steps the club has been taking.

• Those ones the other week we're magnificent. Honestly the best I've ever seen

• Poor for environment, dreadful for wildlife and pets, seen one seen them all. Personal view they are boring and completely needless.

• Obviously I never hope we lose, but I think that might be what it takes for him to realise how ridiculous it looks.

• Think the money that is spent on the fireworks should be better spent on upgrading the toilets..how much would they cost every time they do a display ? 2 k ?

• @eric_plant said:
    Those ones the other week we're magnificent. Honestly the best I've ever seen

Good lord. Does someone lock you away every Nov 5th like a cat?

• No, but they were fantastic I thought

• @eric_plant said:
    No, but they were fantastic I thought

Agree. They were very good.

• @drcongo said:

@eric_plant said:
    Those ones the other week we're magnificent. Honestly the best I've ever seen

Good lord. Does someone lock you away every Nov 5th like a cat?

My cat likes watching any fireworks. He is more or less deaf though!

• For me it is imperative that any business looking to enhance the customer experience gets the basics absolutely right before they get involved with the fripperies.

In no particular order these are

Ease of purchase of tickets
    Ease of access to/from the venue
    Clean, well stocked toilets
    Clean, well stocked hospitality areas (bars/kiosks/food outlets)
    Adequately staffed hospitality areas
    Clear signage
    Clean public spaces
    Audible and clear PA
    Good value for money tickets
    Good value for money merchandise
    Good value for money food and drink

So far I am not sure that they have managed to tick off all of these - fireworks etc. should wait until all of these are sorted

• Well stocked toilets? What are they selling in there?!

• But for real, I can't speak for the Frank Adams, but in the rest of the ground the toilets are fairly grim.