Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

15678911»

Comments

• @ChasHarps said:
    I hope these whipper snappers are not going to bring in their Ghetto Blasters and ease out the cutting edge music like Middle Of The Road.
    But saying that I would prefer some grime and drill tunes than the offerings of Prog Rock !!

Well @chasharps that’s you off my Christmas card list!

• LOUD! Goodness, you lot should have heard Mrs ValleyWanderer when she discovered I was going to the Cheltenham away game and she'd arranged a BBQ!!!!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    LOUD! Goodness, you lot should have heard Mrs ValleyWanderer when she discovered I was going to the Cheltenham away game and she'd arranged a BBQ!!!!

Lol!

• edited August 2021

Now waiting in eager anticipation of 'Forgotten Sons' being blasted out on the pre-match playlist so everyone in the Frank Adams can benefit from an upgraded @Manboobs experience.

• @drcongo said:
    I went to a party in Austin a few years back where we couldn't hear the music because of a Motorhead gig about 10 blocks away.

I met Mrs Forest Blue in Austin…1991

• Took her to see Lloyd Cole, not sure she really ‘got him’

• Also Alex Chilton, touring with a very fine 3 piece from Memphis

• Quite a commotion I would imagine.

• You nipped in too quickly there @Forest_Blue !

• Sounds like it was a bit of a lost weekend, @Wendoverman

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Now waiting in eager anticipation of 'Forgotten Sons' being blasted out on the pre-match playlist so everyone in the Frank Adams can benefit from an upgraded @Manboobs experience.

Whilst I have a nostalgic fondness for the sounds of Fish, I would not be offering the post to any hospitality and events co-ordinator candidate who suggested Three Boats Down From The Candy might gee up the crowd.

• I also saw Lloyd Cole at the Wycombe Town Hall a few years ago, playing solo. Mrs Forest_Blue (married at this stage for some years) did not attend

• Ooops! Easy to confuse @Wendoverman and @Forest_Blue...

• @Manboobs Maybe try Grendel first, just to test the reaction... :-)

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Ooops! Easy to confuse @Wendoverman and @Forest_Blue...

Had I seen Motorhead and Echo and the Bunnymen the same weekend...it would have been.