Skip to content

Feeding at AP

Comments

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    One more thing. Did anyone see / try the Bratwurst food truck? From the offal site …

We also welcome Brat-Bros Catering - a food truck truck based in London and founded in 2020 by duo Frederick and Alexandros, serving a series of hotdogs including bratwurst and bockwurst accompanied by fries.

I didn't see it

Nope not a sausage

• edited August 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bookertease said:
    Can anyone out there (quality of football excepted) say that their match day experience has improved from the start of the season say three years ago?

Nope, although I pretty much always get there after 2 and leave on the final whistle, so bars etc. don't affect me personally. But little things like the programme being much harder to get hold of and kiosk prices going up astronomically have made what 'experience' I did have slightly worse.

This surprises me. You're so keen with your analysis, gasroomery and general wycombe support, I pictured you as being an 11-7 type :smiley:

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bookertease said:
    Can anyone out there (quality of football excepted) say that their match day experience has improved from the start of the season say three years ago?

Nope, although I pretty much always get there after 2 and leave on the final whistle, so bars etc. don't affect me personally. But little things like the programme being much harder to get hold of and kiosk prices going up astronomically have made what 'experience' I did have slightly worse.

This surprises me. You're so keen with your analysis, gasroomery and general wycombe support, I pictured you as being an 11-7 type :smiley:

I'd much rather drink in town - far more options, slightly cheaper and just better - if I do at all (I like to be able to focus on the game ?).

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bookertease said:

I'd much rather drink in town - far more options, slightly cheaper and just better - if I do at all (I like to be able to focus on the game ?).

As someone who is totally about watching the game, it's interesting reading all the comments from others who it seems to be as much about the hour or 2 beforehand.
    A very tough job for the Couhigs.

• I have to say, with all my pre match talk of getting people to the ground via park abs ride and whatever other ideas there might be and encouraging people to spend at the club, and had a pretty underwhelmed feeling in regards to the village.

There wasn’t really anything there for people who may want to make a whole afternoon of it bar some trophies at the front gate, a tent in the rear corner and a big pile of rubbish to the left as you came in.

It’s a work in progress for sure. Just felt a bit let down by the “best fan experience” rhetoric before hand.

• For me matchday experience is actually the watching people kicking the ball about bit and always has been as long as I can remember. I can think of better places to eat and drink should it be necessary so though I understand the owners need for cash and the fans need for nosebag, I cannot say it affects my matchday experience much. I had a good time yesterday eventhough I got soaked walking back to the station.

• Ran this on Twitter and it's a fairly mixed bag...

• @bookertease said:

This was the scene at 2.15pm as I arrived at Adams Park one day 3 years ago - packed with happy people hanging around spending money, a bit of a carnival atmosphere with multiple barbecues running, bars at each end of the car park, a selection of really good cask ales on offer, a dedicated away fans area and, if I remember correctly, some kind of inflatable penalty shoot out thing for the kids.

It's a far cry from the best experience at any football ground ever in any country or whatever we're supposed to be now. And like @arnos_grove I really hate to moan, because the football was fantastically entertaining yesterday and it was so exciting to be back, but yesterday I spent the entire pre-match queuing to buy one beer, which I then didn't have time to drink and I was unable to have a conversation with my family at half time about the first half because the tannoy was literally so painful I spent half time with my fingers in my ears. So yeah, @eric_plant nailed it - Zappos became a billion dollar company on the mantra "under-promise and over-deliver", whereas we seem to be spectacularly over-promising, claiming everything is the best in the country, and then somewhat underdelivering.

I did however like the massive screen (though please could the clock not stop at 90).

• The clock did run beyond 45, but yeah, that was annoying.

• I should add, I'm going by what others have posted here and elsewhere. I try my best not to eat at football grounds (a policy for which I was labelled a "snob" by a very well known former prolific poster here) and I arrived too late to have a beer yesterday

The football is obviously the main thing and I could not be more positive about that, I think we're in for a terrific season.

• It certainly used to be a rule imposed by the FA that scoreboard clocks have to stop at 45 minutes and 90 minutes irrespective of added time.

• @glasshalffull said:
    It certainly used to be a rule imposed by the FA that scoreboard clocks have to stop at 45 minutes and 90 minutes irrespective of added time.

Also it was a rule about not showing replays of any contentious incidents on the pitch too.

But there isn't any rule about not showing replays of goals is there? It was surprising we didn't show any yesterday as I'm sure we used to?

• @glasshalffull said:
    It certainly used to be a rule imposed by the FA that scoreboard clocks have to stop at 45 minutes and 90 minutes irrespective of added time.

Thanks, I did wonder if that might be the case.

• And yet despite gasroom tears, 86% of around 1,000 responders have rated their matchday experience at 7/10 or above.

Good

I thought the ground looked much smarter if not perfect. If you looked closely, it was absolutely crumbling before lockdown in places and lots had been fixed. The stands were clean (good work volunteers), my ST worked, the WiFi was great, the screen looked big time, my post match pint was quick and decent. And the traffic was absolutely fine pre-match.

Bad

The fetch app is not working well and pick up is confusing, lots of people waving phones at confused youths. Pre match beer queues far too long and nothing I’ve seen on the food front would tempt me to shell out at those prices.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I understand Pete’s response and probably frustration. But what I would say is that there were a lot of things at AP that we’re working. There was no need to start from scratch. A tweak, an adjustment, an improvement absolutely. Starting from scratch was always going to be a massive challenge.

Makes you wonder why they have changed so much from the beer tents and losing all the food outlets

• You can only imagine that time simply caught us out booking these fancy food places, and trying to sort the Arriva park n ride etc.

Although like someone said the other page, they have had 18months to sort stuff, life doesn't always work that easily.

Let's see how game 2 is, when they've had a fortnight to reflect on how Saturday went.

• To be fair to Rob and Pete, they are trying their best to improve the club facilities.

On the positive side-

They have improved the training facilities which is a great step forward.
    They have installed the new floodlights, which are a major improvement (apart from the flashing after we score).
    They have had a lot of work done on the AP pitch.
    Improved the Woodland Terrace entertainment facilities.
    Added the excellent big screen.
    Installed new dugouts.
    Vastly improved the WiFi.
    Added other feature lounges etc.

The other things are frustrating but I believe they will listen.
    Burgers at £8.50 and chips at £3.50 is a bit over the top. My lad went to the Spurs v Arsenal game today and an excellent burger and chips was £7.50.
    Also the quality of the food is not good. Seriously not good!!!!

The car park is unresolvable to a certain extent.

The cash free step is probably a difficult one for our older fans who may not have a smart phone to pre-order. Maybe phasing in may have been a better way to do it.

The positives outweigh the negatives though and we also have a great team to support. Give the Couhigs a chance and I am sure they will listen to our input.

COYB!!!!!!

• @Blue_since_1990 Wait, where were the chips?!

• TBF the floodlight change was a Championship requirement.

• Not in the kiosks

• I was informed the chips were in the Vere suite (old money).

• I’m intrigued by the Woodland Terrace entertainment facilities? I didn’t see hot tubs or a bouncy castle from my lofty perch. Maybe it’s just a croquet set and a pool table.

• I also echo the general tone of @Blue_since_1990's post. As someone else said perhaps evolution not revolution might have been a slightly better approach. However, we are where we are and I am also confident that the Couhig's will listen, learn and prevail. They are good people.

• @Right_in_the_Middle really glad you are intrigued.
    I obviously meant he refurb etc but now have visions of our senior supporters on that bouncy castle. Why don’t you ask Rob if can install one ?

• What even is the "Woodland Terrace?".

Surely the Terrace is the bit behind the goal, and no-one has ever called that the Woodland Terrace. The "Woodlands" has been the Frank Adams for years.

So erm...that bit confused me :)

• Fast to jump in there @Malone and yes I did mean the FA but maybe caught in a time warp.

• The key point is the Couhigs have done an awful lot of work on improving all the facilities and they deserve credit for that even though a few ideas will need bedding in.

• In fairness, it took 7 mins for me to post, and a few others had posted in between :)

And I therefore assume you were using terrace in the less football orientated meaning of the word then.

• Yes I was. ?