Skip to content

Feeding at AP

Comments

• It’s not the most exciting beer of all time, but Rebellion IPA is a perfectly quaffable session ale.

• @eric_plant But only Rebellion IPA?

• @mooneyman said:

@eric_plant said:

@Username said:
    Rebellion IPA is dross so hopefully they at least have a couple of other options or that'll mean I'll drink in town first and get to the game at 2:59

Rebellion IPA is a terrific pint IMHO. It was a great day when it started being served at Adams Park

Agreed

Absolutely!

• @CarParkPete said:
    @eric_plant But only Rebellion IPA?

Yes, I agree that's very strange.

• I like the IPA, but I also like overthrow and smuggler, would be nice if there is more choice than just one

• IPA was fine when it was first launched but since then tastes have changed and a lot of people prefer paler, hoppier beers. IPA is fine but not as the only beer.

When you consider the asking price of £4.50 a pint and a unit cost of about £1.90, the wastage argument doesn't hold water.

• Looks like it’s a German sausage company in the car park tomorrow. Nice but it’s no Funky Elephant

• @CarParkPete I agree that the choice of one beer isn't really a choice in any establishment serving beer. I'm less convinced by the analysis of preferences in beer styles. This is in part down to marketing. Beer festivals often sell out fastest of darker beers that you see less of because of the strength, so there is clearly a suppressed demand for those ales as well. Be wary of sweeping statements where beer is concerned :)

• That’s quite the detailed analysis there.

• @Ed_ said:
    It’s not the most exciting beer of all time, but Rebellion IPA is a perfectly quaffable session ale.

But they are in kegs..might as well drink lager.

• @eric_plant said:

@Username said:
    Rebellion IPA is dross so hopefully they at least have a couple of other options or that'll mean I'll drink in town first and get to the game at 2:59

Rebellion IPA is a terrific pint IMHO. It was a great day when it started being served at Adams Park

I’m with you Eric, great pint.

• @glasshalffull That's not the point though. We've gone down from four cask beers in 2019-20 to one and I'm guessing that's in those little black containers. Hardly improves our 'matchday experience'.

• It does feel like a retrograde step.

I can certainly see the sense in keeping if basic and simple for the first few weeks/months of the season but if/when some semblance of normality returns I’d like to hope that they would reconsider a bit more choice to please a certain (obviously highly enlightened) section of the fan base.

• That is so disappointing on two principal grounds. Firstly, there were long queues last year for both bar areas set up in the Vere, so there must have been a demand. Last Wednesday I queued for 10 mins for the single bar without the queue appearing to move, so I gave up, which represents lost revenue. Secondly, the Vere appears to be populated by a massive demographic of Camra type real ale drinkers (including me and my two season ticket colleagues). We choose to queue each week to go in the Vere rather than walk straight into the small bar, specifically for the different real ales, such as Rev James.
    Rob made a virtue in today’s brilliant ‘Our House’ video of the board listening to the supporters. Please, please take this request for a separate real ale area on board.

• I always thought the real ale bar in the Vere served a decent selection of well kept ales and the speed of service / payment was smooth as well, even if the young lads doing the work had a slightly terrified look having to serve a bunch of crusty hairy old blokes in rapid succession

• @CarParkPete said:
    @glasshalffull That's not the point though. We've gone down from four cask beers in 2019-20 to one and I'm guessing that's in those little black containers. Hardly improves our 'matchday experience'.

Someone said it was "dross". I think it's a cracking pint. That's the only point I was making.

Neither of us is wrong of course, it's entirely subjective

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Looks like it’s a German sausage company in the car park tomorrow. Nice but it’s no Funky Elephant

That’s the wurst news tonight.

• Whilst we are making our beverage feelings known, I would like to mention that low/zero % beer has become a lot more palatable since the days when Billy Connolly was touting Kaliber. My own tastes being with the CAMRA mob, I would recommend the club keep a stock pf St Peter’s Without and Speckled Hen low (0.5%) for thr discerning Des. At around 1.50 retail in the supermarkets, the club should be able to get a good deal below that on a wholesale. Lager lout friends of mine have extolled the virtues of Heineken Zero and Becks Blue.

• Some of us remember Lawrie Mcmenemy and the Barbican adverts !!

• Very disappointing from the club to reduce all the ale choices from 4 real ales to one ale the same every week in a keg.Hope they review this and change their mind.Lets not forget the wonderful pork scratchings as well!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Some of us remember Lawrie Mcmenemy and the Barbican adverts !!

Hemelin surely?

• Just as well they wasn't a queue for the car park as the beer tent queue is half the length 9f the car park and not moving

• The queue for the bars are horrendous, I'll cut them some slack as its first game, but this can't happen every game

• There's no chips in the woodlands..... shambles

• Once in the Vere service was quick at the normal bar. One taking payment, another pouring - simple.

Fetch is a load of rubbish. Collection point unused as a result

• I'm stood looking at the queue to get in the terrace, I'm hoping I'm in before kick off

• Can I apologise to anyone in the Vere who I inadvertently queue jumped. I approached from the left and there was no obvious queue so I went to the guy at the toll and just ordered my keg beer and was served within 30 seconds. Walking then towards the back of the Vere I first noticed the long, single file, patient queue and felt suitably guilty…

• Instant feedback. Burgers are not worth 8.50. Queues at bat must be costing us in lost business. Fetch is causing confusion. Lots of my older pals who would normally have a pie and tea are avoiding as it’s mind blowing.

Early days. Maybe evolution would have been better than revolution

• On the positive at least the wifi works

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    Very disappointing from the club to reduce all the ale choices from 4 real ales to one ale the same every week in a keg.Hope they review this and change their mind.Lets not forget the wonderful pork scratchings as well!

I wish that was true. I can’t see ANY real ale at all