Skip to content

Feeding at AP

Comments

• See what you mean @Malone. Just reread my post. Written at midnight or thereabouts and couldn’t go into too much detail. Basically, a guy of Italian extraction who has a barbershop in Prestwood - I think he prefers to call it a salon! - asked me to contact a friend of his who used to run (?own) the Italian restaurant in, I think, Bourne End or Woburn Green to advise him on who to contact to discuss the possibility of selling his pizzas at the ground.

• It's a YES from me to pizza ?‍♂️

• I’d be up for this to be rolled out in Monty’s.

• @micra said:
    See what you mean @Malone. Just reread my post. Written at midnight or thereabouts and couldn’t go into too much detail. Basically, a guy of Italian extraction who has a barbershop in Prestwood - I think he prefers to call it a salon! - asked me to contact a friend of his who used to run (?own) the Italian restaurant in, I think, Bourne End or Woburn Green to advise him on who to contact to discuss the possibility of selling his pizzas at the ground.

That’s Antonio in Prestwood your talking about I expect. He and I have a good friend who has opened up a ‘pizza express’ type joint in Amersham and getting excellent reviews. Plus I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he knows others from our local Italian community in Wycombe wanting to get their food into the club as you mention.

• It is indeed @username123 but I know him as Andor. I’ve known him for getting on for ten years. The pizza guy is Pasquale but not Joe!

• Ah Pasquale yes that would make sense! Joe’s food is great and can’t wait to try the new place!

• You’ve got me confused now, @username123. In my dealings with him (text and telephone) I always assumed that Pasquale was his first name - hence my aside about not to be confused with Joe Pasquale, the squeaky voiced entertainer.
    And Andor (as I say it) is actually Ando.

I have spoken to Pasquale (it is his first name) and he remains as enthusiastic as ever despite not having had calls returned back in February. I think decisions on hiring food vendors probably rest with the Couhigs and, as I’ve told him, I wouldn’t expect the club to be in a position currently to re-open discussion, bearing in mind how fraught things are, not least on ticketing and parking, with one of the smallest staff complements in the Football League.

The guy who recently opened the pizza restaurant in Amersham is Joe Izzi.

• @micra said:
    You’ve got me confused now, @username123. In my dealings with him (text and telephone) I always assumed that Pasquale was his first name - hence my aside about not to be confused with Joe Pasquale, the squeaky voiced entertainer.
    And Andor (as I say it) is actually Ando.

I have spoken to Pasquale (it is his first name) and he remains as enthusiastic as ever despite not having had calls returned back in February. I think decisions on hiring food vendors probably rest with the Couhigs and, as I’ve told him, I wouldn’t expect the club to be in a position currently to re-open discussion, bearing in mind how fraught things are, not least on ticketing and parking, with one of the smallest staff complements in the Football League.

The guy who recently opened the pizza restaurant in Amersham is Joe Izzi.

If it wasn't you posting, I'd think there was some kind of wind up going on with some of this.

• No wind-ups. Genuine wish to contribute to efforts to get the best for the club.

• I REALLY need a pizza now ?....

• @micra said:
    No wind-ups. Genuine wish to contribute to efforts to get the best for the club.

Yep Joe Izzo

• Without reading through every post I'd just like to add.... food within football grounds is generally crap at every level isn't it? I was a season ticket holder at arsenal for a short while and that was worse than wycombe, Wembley is no better.... the best thing I've had from a ground is the chips we do.... I've had a vegan hotdog from the van near the terrace that was lovely too... do we offer pukkapies?

• I was quite impressed with the food offerings at the Oval this week. Softshell crab fishcake with some pretty decent chips. Not cheap though.

• edited August 2021

@bigred87 said:
    Without reading through every post I'd just like to add.... food within football grounds is generally crap at every level isn't it? I was a season ticket holder at arsenal for a short while and that was worse than wycombe, Wembley is no better.... the best thing I've had from a ground is the chips we do.... I've had a vegan hotdog from the van near the terrace that was lovely too... do we offer pukkapies?

Unfortunately the vegan BBQ van is no longer going - they called it a day even before the pandemic - but their stuff was amazing. No pies at all at the moment - outrageous!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@bigred87 said:
    Without reading through every post I'd just like to add.... food within football grounds is generally crap at every level isn't it? I was a season ticket holder at arsenal for a short while and that was worse than wycombe, Wembley is no better.... the best thing I've had from a ground is the chips we do.... I've had a vegan hotdog from the van near the terrace that was lovely too... do we offer pukkapies?

Unfortunately the vegan BBQ van is no longer going - they called it a day even before the pandemic - but their stuff was amazing. No pies at all at the moment - outrageous!

That’s a bummer, that vegan van’s fare was excellent. I’d often skip lunch and go down earlier to grab one of their burgers.

I wonder why they stopped as there was always a decent queue for their food?

• @ReturnToSenda that's a shame they were fantastic.... Will we have any food vans/stalls in the carpark? I second @Lloyd2084 that was part of my pre match ritual...

• @bigred87 said:
    @ReturnToSenda that's a shame they were fantastic.... Will we have any food vans/stalls in the carpark? I second @Lloyd2084 that was part of my pre match ritual...

Not sure what's happening with that. Apparently there was something by the Rebellion tent at the Leicester game?

• @ReturnToSenda can we start a petition for the vegan van to return?

• @bigred87 said:
    @ReturnToSenda can we start a petition for the vegan van to return?

All for that. Slight problem being they packed up the business altogether :(

• Oh that's a shame ? really was lovely

• The set up with the food trucks and beer tent was great. The club will never be able to replicate that quality of food because they are artisan providers. Of course that does not generate enough revenue of course.

• No mini ale festival in Caledonian now..just Ipa as bar manager says there is too much wastage.Very disappointing as that was one of the reasons it was so good to come down to the club with all the food outlets in car park.

• So whatever happened to improving our 'matchday experience'?

• @CarParkPete said:
    So whatever happened to improving our 'matchday experience'?

Yeah gone down hill now very quickly!

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    No mini ale festival in Caledonian now..just Ipa as bar manager says there is too much wastage.Very disappointing as that was one of the reasons it was so good to come down to the club with all the food outlets in car park.

How could there be too much wastage ? They sold out every game !? Well they must ha e done as usually there was only one barrel of something left after a game. I really do hope they don't have just IPA, it's fine by me, but I know plenty of bitter/ale drinkers who don't like it.

• Rebellion IPA is dross so hopefully they at least have a couple of other options or that'll mean I'll drink in town first and get to the game at 2:59

• @HolmerBlue said:

@Aylesburyblue said:
    No mini ale festival in Caledonian now..just Ipa as bar manager says there is too much wastage.Very disappointing as that was one of the reasons it was so good to come down to the club with all the food outlets in car park.

How could there be too much wastage ? They sold out every game !? Well they must ha e done as usually there was only one barrel of something left after a game. I really do hope they don't have just IPA, it's fine by me, but I know plenty of bitter/ale drinkers who don't like it.

Yeah just ipa in vere. Like u said most times it would be sold out..only have to work out the sales from last time and have the ipa as back up when we have sold out.lot of people don't like their ipa..have to say it was horrid last week.

• Have they stopped doing that whole set of food stalls/vans in the carpark then?

It does seem a little hasty to write it all off, bearing in mind there has been a pandemic since the last "usual" set up!

I dare say game 2 will be more polished than tomorrow.

• @Username said:
    Rebellion IPA is dross so hopefully they at least have a couple of other options or that'll mean I'll drink in town first and get to the game at 2:59

Rebellion IPA is a terrific pint IMHO. It was a great day when it started being served at Adams Park

• @eric_plant said:

@Username said:
    Rebellion IPA is dross so hopefully they at least have a couple of other options or that'll mean I'll drink in town first and get to the game at 2:59

Rebellion IPA is a terrific pint IMHO. It was a great day when it started being served at Adams Park

Agreed