Skip to content

Feeding at AP

Comments

• Can I suggest everyone drinks lager which is always reassuringly disappointing...

• Regarding low/zero alcohol beers I would recommend St Peters Without (I prefer the gold to the ordinary but they are both good), Erdinger Alkohol Frei Wheat Beer (0.5%), Doom Bar Amber Ale (0%)

• @Wendoverman said:
    Can I suggest everyone drinks lager which is always reassuringly disappointing...

No you can’t. There are some lines you can’t cross…

• @Wendoverman said:

@ChasHarps said:
    Some of us remember Lawrie Mcmenemy and the Barbican adverts !!

Hemelin surely?

I remember that ad well - or at least the last line. Stuck in my childish head.

• @bookertease said:

@Aylesburyblue said:
    Very disappointing from the club to reduce all the ale choices from 4 real ales to one ale the same every week in a keg.Hope they review this and change their mind.Lets not forget the wonderful pork scratchings as well!

I wish that was true. I can’t see ANY real ale at all

There was 2 rebellion ales in the chairboys village.

• Have to say when you got served eventually for a beer in the chairboys village it was very quick but had to wait 25 mins . Just need more servers.

• On the whole good, just need a few more bar staff

• I think the question was over whether it was real ale or fizzy keg (or "craft beer" as it's called these days)

• Seem to gone backwards this season in relation to the bars from the last time we were allowed in.

• @Doob said:
    I think the question was over whether it was real ale or fizzy keg (or "craft beer" as it's called these days)

Yeah not a fan of fizzy stuff...I guess someone classes it as ale..

• The Matchdsy experience today was not particularly good.due to the lack of catering options and the cost.
    As previously notified, there was no real ale available in the Vere. Had there been, I would have tried the Fetch system because £4.50 is OK for a pint. We then went went out to the tent to explore the options out there. There was no more choice and a horrendous queue due to insufficient number of staff serving, so we simply didn’t bother.
    Hopefully the club will learn but we were 3 thirsty punters willing to part with money, which we held on to.
    We then tried the food outside. There was no queue and the cheese burgers were good, but not worth £8,50. None of the 3 of us are likely to bother again.
    As half time I nipped out to get a hot drink for John Derben. There seemed to be a lack of food and drink options e.g there was no hot chocolate or Bovril. There was virtually o queue, which was good. However, the tea & coffee were overpriced at £2.50. Again, at that price, I will not bother again.
    As for the season ticket on entry - that was easy.
    Hopefully Rob & Missy will pick up on this feedback and take action.
    As for the match, it was a great watch

• Bring back all the eateries and real ale in vere..this all added to the match day experience..waiting in a long queue for beer isn't adding to the experience.

• Average beer after a long queue isn't an improvement.

The singer in the marquee was good though!

• And the real ale at the back of the Vere had the advantage of splitting the queueing, the queue at the back for ale drinkers (which always moved pretty quickly) and the queue at the front for lager/wine/whatever. And since the real ale generally sold out hard to see how there would be wastage. Simples!

• The Fetch system (in the Caledonian for buying beer) clearly has some issues.
    Luckily I was able to talk to someone (maybe one of the guys developing the app even), so was able to give direct feedback so I'll see if it improves for the next game.
    Actually I'm not convinced it's really necessary, for buying beer, but I'm open to being convinced.

• @Doob said:
    And the real ale at the back of the Vere had the advantage of splitting the queueing, the queue at the back for ale drinkers (which always moved pretty quickly) and the queue at the front for lager/wine/whatever. And since the real ale generally sold out hard to see how there would be wastage. Simples!

Indeed it is simples. Variety, a reasonable price and speed of service. Easily achieved 2 seasons ago, not now. That's progress.

• I've been queuing in busy pubs since I was a teen...did everyone used to miss out on a drink at AP before apps were invented?

• Re using the Fetch App. It was necessary to scan the QR codes located around the place to gain access to be able to actually order anything. The ones in the Caledonian Suite worked once you knew that trick.
    Simply loading and opening the app resulted in all the locations showing as "Open at 0:00". I know, from speaking to what may have been one of the developers, that it was a requirement to add the opening/closing times to the locations. Hence I'm sure this is a bug which can be fixed.
    Also found they didn't send the "order ready" notification which is down to better training of the staff, again it can be addressed. Still not convinced we need the app to order beer though, but I'm prepared to be converted if it speeds things up.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I've been queuing in busy pubs since I was a teen...did everyone used to miss out on a drink at AP before apps were invented?

I feel some of the issue in the Caledonian is due to there being only two IPA taps available and huge numbers asking for IPA. Definitely seems to be a case for more taps allowing more Bitter choice. The previous Real Ale Bar was a very fast operation that massively reduced any queues. Keg taps create a significant head if used at full bore and that creates wastage and delay. Many lessons here for the future.

• The real ale bar was run by Trust volunteers and necessitated the closing of the second bar, as it was positioned in front of it.
    I wonder if the Trust had any input into the decision making, e.g. did they feel unable to continue running it?

• Sorry @Twizz, I wasn't pointing fingers at the Club or Trust, just suggesting possible way's forward. I twice had to wait for several minutes for my IPA once at the front of the queue and served (?) and was watching the process and problems.

• Post match was pretty quick in the village. Couple more payment terminals should sort out the queue.

I had the Rebellion 24 Carat. Nice pint. I like my real ale but was never keen on most of the real ales in the Vere. A long way off the standard of ale in a good pub.

If people are going to be persuaded to use Fetch it’s going to have to be much clearer where the dedicated pick up point is. That said, queues were ok at halftime in the Woodlands.

Not food related but the WiFi, sound system and big screen are superb.

• This was not a great start to season. Less than 5k crowd, queues everywhere and except for in the tent, no real ale. Rob C needs to realise soon that this is leafy Bucks and League 1. 8 000 people are not coming to games and those that do are the die hards and are not going to spend a fortune on poor value food and crap beer. Interesting to see no queues in family stand kioks during game as no one appeared to be using them (“hey kids take my credit card and phone and get some chips” - isn’t going to happen! Queues elsewhere for PROGRAMMES from food kiosks and people who preserves on app waiting in same line as those buying with a card! Meanwhile, spaces in car park, no 50:50 and the hour glass was packed - money flying out the door

• @ValleyWanderer, I didn't think you were - it was just a thought that I had.
    Another minor issue in the Caledonian Suite was having a sign above the second bar saying collection point "DRINK" which had me looking from an order point "DRINK" in the app. All the kiosks had very specific descriptions so it seemed like that might be the case, as it was I just needed to order from the Caledonian Suite point in the app - needed to scan the QR code rather than just enter via the app but it did actually work.
    It would have helped to have a linked sign above the bar saying which order was being served, rather than wait for a notification on the phone too.

• edited August 2021

Just looking at 2019/20 attendances on COTN and we only got over 7,000 three times - and that was for Pompey and Sunderland, both of whom brought over 2,000, and Coventry, who brought 1,800. We'll never get 8,000 regularly at this level - and it might even be a bit of an ask in the Championship.

That said, what's more likely to get people flocking to Adams Park? A successful football team, or a truffle-infused venison burger topped with caviar?

• I purchased a cup of tea at the Leicester game and was told the price was £2.50, I was then text a receipt and it said £2.53, why 3p difference. Tea was weak and cost too much, has gone up from £2 to £2.50 for the same size cup and a poorer tea

• @Twizz said:
    Re using the Fetch App. It was necessary to scan the QR codes located around the place to gain access to be able to actually order anything. The ones in the Caledonian Suite worked once you knew that trick.
    Simply loading and opening the app resulted in all the locations showing as "Open at 0:00". I know, from speaking to what may have been one of the developers, that it was a requirement to add the opening/closing times to the locations. Hence I'm sure this is a bug which can be fixed.
    Also found they didn't send the "order ready" notification which is down to better training of the staff, again it can be addressed. Still not convinced we need the app to order beer though, but I'm prepared to be converted if it speeds things up.

I got to the front of the queue in the time it took you to sort the bloody app. Make both bars cashless, fine. But the app solves absolutely nothing and just creates confusion. If it were a good idea other entertainment venues would be taking the ‘order for collection’ approach to serving drinks. But they don’t. Because it isn’t.

• The thing that worried me today was, we were only playing Accrington.... what on earth would those queues have been like if it had been Sunderland, Ipswich, Wednesday or Portsmouth visiting ?!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    The thing that worried me today was, we were only playing Accrington.... what on earth would those queues have been like if it had been Sunderland, Ipswich, Wednesday or Portsmouth visiting ?!

Even Lincoln tend to bring quite a lot, so that in two weeks' time could be fun...