Skip to content

Leicester City match thread

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Covid 21?! Is it going to skip an entire Covid?

The 19 is for 2019, not the 19th version

• That confusion lead to the dearly missed Kellyanne Conway stating that the scientists should have got the hang of it by now as they had had 18 other strains to deal with.

• @drcongo said:

How quickly can we get one of these built?

This sort of image is NSFW for a segment of our support.

• @FmG said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Covid 21?! Is it going to skip an entire Covid?

The 19 is for 2019, not the 19th version

I know, don't worry

• Having spoken to the other volunteers, it seems that the traffic problems on Wednesday were caused by two factors;

1) People not realising they had to reserve space in advance and doing U-turns in Hillbottom Road and

2) The car park itself being liberally sprinkled with cars when the first volunteer arrived at 4.30 making it difficult to instigate any parking system and impossible to get the maximum number of cars in. Who these cars belonged to however is not clear.

• @drcongo said:

Is that @railwaysteve in the driving seat?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Can you imagine what it's going to be like if we get back to the Championship and we're getting 7/8,000 most weeks? At the end of the day, I think we all know there are only two proper, long-term solutions here.

New road and hoverboards?

Precisely

Oh, I thought you meant relegation down to the Isthmian League South

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Have they thought about building another train line right to the ground? Like a mini HS2.

In the early days of Adams Park, I remember re-opening West Wycombe railway station being discussed. I think it was located past Chapel Lane, so still quite a walk.

• @Steve_Peart said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Have they thought about building another train line right to the ground? Like a mini HS2.

In the early days of Adams Park, I remember re-opening West Wycombe railway station being discussed. I think it was located past Chapel Lane, so still quite a walk.

Sounds like a good idea in theory - looks like you could walk there using Toweridge lane quite easily, or they could run regular buses. I think quite a lot of Oxfordshire-based chairfolk would use it.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I know, don't worry

Phew!

• The Chairboys utilizing chair lifts just seems so right.

• I think I'd be quite happy to walk up from the P&R site on a Saturday afternoon if I could get the bus back in the cold and dark. Not really an option for evenings.

Ended up jumping off the bus halfway up chapel lane anyway and walking the rest of the way on Wednesday. Bus ride back was OK though.

Somehow we need to make P&R more a more attractive proposition than driving to the ground. There was a period maybe 10-15 yrs ago when it was for me but it got progressively worse.

• Just reading the programme from Wednesday and, er, this jumped out...

"Everything that you see, hear and taste around the stadium today should be an experience like you've never known before. Wycombe Wanderers and the Adams Park stadium have undergone a huge improvement programme to attain Championship standards across the whole business... and today is just the start.

No stone has been left unturned."

• I used to use the park and ride from (the cinema that used to be and might still be called) Wycombe Six some years back as it was useful for hopping back on the to M40. I have a vague recollection of it costing £1. If we want people to use a park and ride service, it needs to a) be cheaper than parking in the industrial estate car parks, b) not be parking on grass because that's just asking for trouble, and c) have enough busses running regularly.

Do we know if that one still exists?

• The challenge with any park and ride is that it is somewhat contrary to what the club wants in terms of the fan experience. P and R suggests a swift ingress and exit for fans and some fans will definitely want that. Whilst the new mantra appears to be that of extending the stay of the fans to enjoy the experience. I doubt if we can justify a bus service beginning at 12 and finishing at 6/7pm on a Saturday to encompass that.

• Does anyone think a new stadium is feasible/affordable/at all likely? Surely the cost would be prohibitive?

• @drcongo said:

My stepdad built one of them. Spent years on the project and was such a perfectionist that after winning loads of awards wherever he took it, he still stripped it down and rebuilt it! #memories!

• What is the capacity of the upper field? What is the deadline for pre-booking? Is it possible to extend the parking facility to roll-ups if prebooked cars have not exhausted the capacity? Aside from the financial benefits of maximising utilisation of the facility, if it is possible to get people parked up where they want without harshing their day, that’s just swell isn’t it?

• Hard to grasp why we're making it more difficult and more expensive to come to a game by car. Surely this can only have a detrimental effect on attendances.

• @Ed_ said:
    What is the capacity of the upper field? What is the deadline for pre-booking? Is it possible to extend the parking facility to roll-ups if prebooked cars have not exhausted the capacity? Aside from the financial benefits of maximising utilisation of the facility, if it is possible to get people parked up where they want without harshing their day, that’s just swell isn’t it?

When it was run by volunteers it was slick even with the biggest of crowds. Maybe a sharing of knowledge is required.

• Nothing to do with the game, ski lifts, formation or parking but just watched the Gareth Trust Q&A and I would just like to say...No Plan B or not...you cannot fault his decency, his enthusiasm, his commitment and his ambition for this club. Proud to have him as our manager.

• @Vital said:
    Hard to grasp why we're making it more difficult and more expensive to come to a game by car. Surely this can only have a detrimental effect on attendances.

That's what I'm thinking

• They should be discouraging people from parking at the ground, BUT how do they intend to do that without offering attractive alternatives?

• @Steve_Peart said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Had houses built on it unfortunately. Perhaps a big park and ride, and free bus service could be used from Saunderton?

• Did anyone ever work out if they're still doing the Top of Marlow hill park and ride, that serviced the train and bus stations too?

What would be ideal, is if they split that into two, kept the Marlow hill one as a similar shuttle run pattern to the new one at West Wycombe, and then beefed up the Train station/bus station one.

It just takes too long if you get on at Marlow hill. You end up going further away from the ground, and taking about 50mins to get there.

• @TwinBrother whereabouts in Saunderton do you suggest?

• @Baldric said:
    @TwinBrother whereabouts in Saunderton do you suggest?

Saunderton railway station. The only railway station near the ground (aprt from HW), but that is still miles away.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Just watched the Gareth Trust Q&A and I would just like to say...No Plan B or not...you cannot fault his decency, his enthusiasm, his commitment and his ambition for this club. Proud to have him as our manager.

Couldn't agree more - great Q&A session. He's a class act.

• @Vital said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Just watched the Gareth Trust Q&A and I would just like to say...No Plan B or not...you cannot fault his decency, his enthusiasm, his commitment and his ambition for this club. Proud to have him as our manager.

Couldn't agree more - great Q&A session. He's a class act.

Hope the Trust post the Rob C Q&A be good to hear his update.

• I wonder if we've considered offering free stadium advertising in return for local firms to offer up parking in their site?