Skip to content

Leicester City match thread

Comments

• Think Tarpey is up front. The midfielder is an aggressive Tony Sorrell type and the CB is a poor mans Gary Ablett

• Sensational hair on both the trialists.

• Tough game for trialists to get into but all have done certain bits ok

• Trialist cb and cm looked good

• Quite enjoyed that.

• Not bad at all for a friendly.

• I was quite impressed with the trialists. One of them seemed like a young Blooms - bit dirty in the tackle and a little divey.

• Always someone else's fault, this traffic thing.

• I try not to read anything, good or bad, into pre-season, but seems safe to say Pendlebury is the next Mehmeti in terms of being signed as a dev player but first team ready.

• Off topic, but I can’t wait for the Facebook comments on the residents of High Wycombe pages complaining about the fireworks.

Just heard them in Hazlemere.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Always someone else's fault, this traffic thing.

Odd thing to say. I drive to every game at AP and I’ve certainly been to games with bigger attendances. Never experienced traffic like it. So what happened at the car park? And why were so many people impacted. But like you say my fault. ?

• Having had a bit more of a look about online, I think the traffic 'chaos' may have been caused by middle aged men soiling their breeks trying to get selfies with Vokes in his car!

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub I'm guessing closed road in Booker would have played a big part. Midweek games are always worse because football traffic merges with end of rush hour and people arrive in a more concentrated group. 5,000 including 1,000 away fans who don't know the area is quite a large AP crowd for a midweek game.

Sorry if that previous comment sounded flip, but I'd just read a couple of quotes from people living in Downley moaning about traffic and was just wondering when the penny's going to drop. More people who can walk / cycle need to do so and leave road space for those that can't.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@arnos_grove said:

Odd thing to say. I drive to every game at AP and I’ve certainly been to games with bigger attendances. Never experienced traffic like it. So what happened at the car park? And why were so many people impacted. But like you say my fault. ?

You come across somewhat entitled when you call it a shit show and blame the Couhigs when you arrived 40 minutes later than the scheduled kick-off.

• edited July 2021

Perhaps he was in an understandably frustrated and vexed state of mind when he first wrote.

• Was thinking the same thing @HCblue Bad day at the office so to speak. Definitely think the the closure of John Hall Way would be the main reason why the traffic was so bad.

• Traffic aside, I'd be interested to hear about the wider experience of those that were there. Did the wifi work? How did the catering go? Did your seat gleam before you parked yourself in it? And did anyone notice the excellent paint job on the kiosks in the Frank Adams?

• A real concern with regard to the gleam factor of some of them seats. Reports please!

• @JohnBoy said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@arnos_grove said:

You come across somewhat entitled when you call it a shit show and blame the Couhigs when you arrived 40 minutes later than the scheduled kick-off.

When I what ? Kick off was 7:45. I was at sands school in traffic an hour before actual kick off, 45 mins before advertised kick off. Along with hundreds of others.
    Entitled? Don’t do name calling.
    Shit show ? Yeah. What happened to a car park that can normally cope with this size crowd ?

• @HCblue said:
    Traffic aside, I'd be interested to hear about the wider experience of those that were there. Did the wifi work? How did the catering go? Did your seat gleam before you parked yourself in it? And did anyone notice the excellent paint job on the kiosks in the Frank Adams?

Catering was a car crash. Teething problems are to be expected, but I'm not sure how it could have gone much worse.

• League One players will not have the touch and threat that Leicester showed and we did very well. I reckon we've got the chance of a decent campaign with this squad. Fingers crossed. Considering the lack of games all the players looked sharp tonight.

@JohnBoy said:

@arnos_grove said:

When I what ? Kick off was 7:45. I was at sands school in traffic an hour before actual kick off, 45 mins before advertised kick off. Along with hundreds of others.
    Shit show ? Yeah. What happened to a car park that can normally cope with this size crowd ?

You said you got to the Hour Glass at 8.10. Kick off was scheduled for 7.30. The road closure was mentioned, both by the club on Twitter and on here. It's hardly the Couhig's fault.

• I got a lift to the ground had to get out and walk while the wife did a U-turn as we were a long way from Tesco Express at 7.10! Getting train back to Aylesbury so glad we did not lose!???

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@HCblue said:
    Traffic aside, I'd be interested to hear about the wider experience of those that were there. Did the wifi work? How did the catering go? Did your seat gleam before you parked yourself in it? And did anyone notice the excellent paint job on the kiosks in the Frank Adams?

Catering was a car crash. Teething problems are to be expected, but I'm not sure how it could have gone much worse.

Sorry to hear that. I saw your views about the burger you had. How did the ordering process go via the app?

• @JohnBoy said:

@JohnBoy said:

@arnos_grove said:

You said you got to the Hour Glass at 8.10. Kick off was scheduled for 7.30. The road closure was mentioned, both by the club on Twitter and on here. It's hardly the Couhig's fault.

I was sat in a non moving car outside the hour glass at 8:10 I wasn’t having a drink. It had taken that car 90 mins to move from sands school. The road closure may have impacted the a4010 but the blockage was the Lane end road and hillbottom road. If the car park was full why did the club not tweet that?

• Scowen was superb in the 1st half, really bossed the midfield. Great to have him back

Strong performance. Result meaningless of course, but plenty of positive performances.

• @HCblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@HCblue said:

Sorry to hear that. I saw your views about the burger you had. How did the ordering process go via the app?

This seemed to be a lot of people's experience - except mine never actually got to 'rejected'. Poor guy co-ordinating the catering ended up going and cooking it himself.

• You know an offseason has been successful when you are wondering how all the quality players will get enough time in the team!

• Anyone know what has happened to Taffazoli tonight. Didn't notice him on any SM or team sheets?

Absolute shit show. Left home got to Sands school at 6:45. Got to the Hour Glass at 8:10. Then found out that the car park was full (fireworks using up space!!!!) so option was street parking or nothing. No where to park. Came home.

Had two guests with me coming to their first game. Thought it was hilarious and vowed to never come again. If tonight was a showcase it was a massive own goal and the first big mistake by the Couhigs putting bullshit ahead of fans.

To be fair, I park near Sands school and walk every game.

Rarely get caught in traffic.