Skip to content

Leicester City match thread

Comments

• Give you a tip, never eat at football... drink only

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Give you a tip, never eat at football... drink only

Fortunately the Rebellion is still there

• @Chris said:
    How great is it watching Scowen do his thing again?

Can't pass...can't tackle you mean? ??

• McCarthy is having a great game, and that tackle from Scowen just then…brilliant stuff.

• The subtitles are amusing. Even managed to get the word shit plastered over the screen!

• Decent enough half. nice and competitive for a friendly. New signings have all shown something. Has whetted my appetite for the season somewhat.

• Defence looking solid. Wakeley looking solid against Vardy. Pacey attack. Freeman and mcleary looking sharp. Bring on Accrington .

• It’s only a friendly, but a really impressive performance from everyone so far.

• One complaint...we cannot see a clock in the Beechdean...or at least I can't. Do I need an app??

• Looking forward to seeing Mehmeti and Kashket.

• Do they not show the prices, just the items?
    Seems a dangerous game at football grounds!

• Pendlebury looks very good. Freeman playing the Fred role is working well too...

• The app rejected my order. Utter car crash at the kiosk. Football good though - Scowen bossing it.

• Absolute shit show. Left home got to Sands school at 6:45. Got to the Hour Glass at 8:10. Then found out that the car park was full (fireworks using up space!!!!) so option was street parking or nothing. No where to park. Came home.

Had two guests with me coming to their first game. Thought it was hilarious and vowed to never come again. If tonight was a showcase it was a massive own goal and the first big mistake by the Couhigs putting bullshit ahead of fans.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Absolute shit show. Left home got to Sands school at 6:45. Got to the Hour Glass at 8:10. Then found out that the car park was full (fireworks using up space!!!!) so option was street parking or nothing. No where to park. Came home.

Had two guests with me coming to their first game. Thought it was hilarious and vowed to never come again. If tonight was a showcase it was a massive own goal and the first big mistake by the Couhigs putting bullshit ahead of fans.

What did you want them to do? Ask someone else to move so you could park even though you got there later than them? You can book a car parking space, can you not?

• edited July 2021

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Absolute shit show. Left home got to Sands school at 6:45. Got to the Hour Glass at 8:10. Then found out that the car park was full (fireworks using up space!!!!) so option was street parking or nothing. No where to park. Came home.

You were at the Hour Glass 25mins after the (delayed) game had started?
    Because the traffic was so bad? Because you'd given up and driven back out?
    Or did you mean 7.10?

• Traffic not the club's fault.

• Trialist CB looks like Ben Tricker, Harrow Borough Captain, ex Fulham academy. Recent Waitrose Beaconsfield employee

• @Wendoverman said:
    Traffic not the club's fault.

I assume, the poster's main gripe was what sounds like a lot of the carpark taken up by a firework display?

But everyone knows the ground isn't great for parking. It's no secret.

• Can't trust him though

• I> @Malone said:

Or did you mean 7.10?

Took an hour and a half almost to get from sands school to the hour glass. Half an hour into the game and no hope of parking gave up.
    I understand (and I might have been misinformed) that the top car park is limited due to fireworks. If that’s the case and therefore that’s the reason for the enhanced chaos yeah I blame the club. Looking at the YouTube feed it’s not as packed as I’ve seen it when under previous control.

• @RomanHats said:
    Trialist CB looks like Ben Tricker, Harrow Borough Captain, ex Fulham academy. Recent Waitrose Beaconsfield employee

Great knowledge

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I> @Malone said:

Or did you mean 7.10?

Took an hour and a half almost to get from sands school to the hour glass. Half an hour into the game and no hope of parking gave up.
    I understand (and I might have been misinformed) that the top car park is limited due to fireworks. If that’s the case and therefore that’s the reason for the enhanced chaos yeah I blame the club. Looking at the YouTube feed it’s not as packed as I’ve seen it when under previous control.

Sounds pretty bad. Presumably because of some mass road works somewhere?
    So probably more unfortunate circumstances than anything.

And I think it was @floyd or @peterparrotface who rightly said the other day how ours is a pretty difficult ground to arrive late at!

I assume Sands School is the one opposite Verco? Just off the West Wycombe road?
    Must have been all time worst traffic to take 90mins to crawl that half a mile!

• That school is called Millbrook.

• @Malone said:

I> @Malone said:

Or did you mean 7.10?

Sounds pretty bad. Presumably because of some mass road works somewhere?
    So probably more unfortunate circumstances than anything.

And I think it was @floyd or @peterparrotface who rightly said the other day how ours is a pretty difficult ground to arrive late at!

I assume Sands School is the one opposite Verco? Just off the West Wycombe road?
    Must have been all time worst traffic to take 90mins to crawl that half a mile!

I didn’t think I was late. Especially for a game that had a 50% capacity.
    I didn’t pre book car park so be interested to know what experience people had with that

• I love Memehti

• Presumably knock on traffic from John Hall Way being shut by Asda/cinema. I think they were directing traffic via West Wycombe Road.

• Is Kashket playing LWB?

• @Chris said:
    Is Kashket playing LWB?

Appears so. I'm watching it on the livestream and I have no clue what formation were playing!