Skip to content

Car park price increase

Comments

• @Twizz said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    I have a season pass for the Upper and I understand from the latest Club update that I will also now need to book online each time. This feels like the virtual season ticket scenario repeated.

It would be very useful if anyone actually has an official answer to this question, @AlanCecil. I've just spent 25 minutes trying to call the club and no-one is answering as others have commented elsewhere.
    So if I am an upper tier season pass holder do I still need to book a parking space for Saturday?

@Twizz I think @glasshalffull has answered this for you in my absence. No booking required if you have bought a season pass for the car park.

• Seasonal passes for the upper car park that were not collected last week were posted out this morning by the club.

• @AlanCecil, @glasshalffull thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully others benefit from the information as well and it's a few less calls for the club to deal with this week.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    They seem to be putting a very specific number on the car parking when reality can involve a lot of variables. As a hated Chelsea tractor driver I am always asked to park at the back of the car park where the surface might be variable. There are usually at least 20 of us in that position. The car park layout from the pics v Leicester was different to normal and I wonder if this is due to a bit of research to ensure all the for sale spaces are on a good surface. When it is rainy in November and the field is less than perfect will spaces be less?

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub, from the 25 July press release:

"There are a small number (less than 20 remaining of a total of 150) of seasonal car parking passes available in the upper tier at £150 each, and these can be bought here.

The lower tier is reserved for players, officials, hospitality guests and blue badge holders who have registered with the club. This is at maximum capacity, due to increased numbers of seasonal hospitality guests, blue badge holders, squad and coaching staff members, and the expansion of the Chairboys Village.

Upper tier car park passes will be available on a game-by-game basis, with varying capacities dependent on the weather (as some areas will be unavailable in the event of heavy rain and/or snow). The maximum capacity is 350 in good weather, reduced to 150 in poor conditions.

All seasonal pass holders will be guaranteed a space until up to 30 minutes before kick-off, and the club will endeavour where possible to accommodate these vehicles on the hard standing area toward the bottom of the hill. Friendlies and cup games are included in seasonal passes."

• @glasshalffull said:
    I can confirm that a season parking pass is sufficient for the upper tier car park.

Thank you both Alan's for this and I apologise for seeming to stir things up but I used to write procedures/instructions in Air Traffic Control and I struggle (seemingly all the time nowadays!) if things are not absolutely clear and concise. Perhaps a lesson for the new media crew.

• Been thinking about this a bit, what the club really need to do is have discussions with arriva and come up with some kind of match day special offer for all services around the town to the bus station.
    Something like £1 return on showing your season ticket or match ticket and then a free buses from the town station to the ground/hill bottom road.

West Wycombe and handy X hub should be aimed at away fans with home fans able to get a buses closer to their homes to the ground without needing to drive.

Encourage them to spend more at the club on arrival and after the game (pie and a pint for lunch/dinner)

• That West Wycombe Park & Ride would be handy (no pun intended) for people coming off the M40 at Junction 5.

• @micra said:
    That West Wycombe Park & Ride would be handy (no pun intended) for people coming off the M40 at The Mark West Memorial Junction.

I've just put that right for you, Sir.

• Getting twitchy that my car park pass hasn't arrived yet. Could do without the stress on Saturday

• edited August 2021

@TheDancingYak said:
    Been thinking about this a bit, what the club really need to do is have discussions with arriva and come up with some kind of match day special offer for all services around the town to the bus station.
    Something like £1 return on showing your season ticket or match ticket and then a free buses from the town station to the ground/hill bottom road.

West Wycombe and handy X hub should be aimed at away fans with home fans able to get a buses closer to their homes to the ground without needing to drive.

Encourage them to spend more at the club on arrival and after the game (pie and a pint for lunch/dinner)

The flip side of making the ground more accessible from town, at least as far as the club is concerned, is that people will spend their money in town instead. I know that if there were regular services to the ground up until, say, 2, I'd just sit in Mad Squirrel for a couple of hours.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:
    Been thinking about this a bit, what the club really need to do is have discussions with arriva and come up with some kind of match day special offer for all services around the town to the bus station.

The flip side of making the ground more accessible from town, at least as far as the club is concerned, is that people will spend their money in town instead. I know that if there were regular services to the ground up until, say, 2, I'd just sit in Mad Squirrel for a couple of hours.

You say instead, but could that not easily be “as well”?

If people are just driving too the ground and then driving home again they are potentially spending in neither place.

The primary thing with the park and ride, or public transport system is to encourage less people to drive and to use an alternative way of getting to the ground.

The onus is then on the club to make it more attractive for people to spend while at the ground rather than in the town centre. But that comes after the getting people to the ground without a car, piece.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheDancingYak said:

If people are just driving too the ground and then driving home again they are potentially spending in neither place.

Very true! There's definitely a lot more work to be done, but I trust the club are on it.

• Should have added: park and ride is a good idea.
    But ultimately that’s just shifting the traffic from the ground and somewhere else and potentially alienating areas of the town that traditionally haven’t been affected by the football traffic.

What would be even better for the town as a whole, would be to stop a lot of the short local trips by football fans either to/from home and the ground/park and ride spots to a simple “Ride” system.

• Also also, if it attracts more people to spend in the shops in the town on their on the way to the ground - that’s not a bad thing.

Hell, it might start making a town centre shop more of an attractive offering, along with local businesses and companies seeing a fillip on matchdays they might start actively getting behind the towns home club more often.

• edited August 2021

@TheDancingYak said:
    Also also, if it attracts more people to spend in the shops in the town on their on the way to the ground - that’s not a bad thing.

Hell, it might start making a town centre shop more of an attractive offering, along with local businesses and companies seeing a fillip on matchdays they might start actively getting behind the towns home club more often.

Yeah, I had a couple of conversations with HWBIDCo about this last year - loosely touched on some kind of discount scheme for people with proof of match ticket, or something like that - but that kind of fizzled out as it was just about the worst possible time to be planning things! I think they're still in quite close contact with the club, though, so interested to see if anything does materialise eventually.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Getting twitchy that my car park pass hasn't arrived yet. Could do without the stress on Saturday

Mine turned up in the post today.

• @our_frank said:

@micra said:
    That West Wycombe Park & Ride would be handy (no pun intended) for people coming off the M40 at The Mark West Memorial Junction.

I've just put that right for you, Sir.

How very ignorant of me. I’d seen that description somewhere recently but confess that I thought it was a wind-up.
    Thanks @our_frank.

PS I didn’t realise my post could be interfered with. Not something I experience these days.

• edited August 2021

Good news: there's going to be a sign at the end of Hillbottom Road! Rob's admitted that they f****d it up last Wednesday - fair play.

• Sorry if this has been discussed already...but assume the bus from town centre is still going?

• @LX1 Yes, it looks like it: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/club/how-to-find-us/

Given this has been edited to reflect the new parking cost, I assume that it is also up-to-date for buses.

• @TheDancingYak said:
    Should have added: park and ride is a good idea.
    But ultimately that’s just shifting the traffic from the ground and somewhere else and potentially alienating areas of the town that traditionally haven’t been affected by the football traffic.

What would be even better for the town as a whole, would be to stop a lot of the short local trips by football fans either to/from home and the ground/park and ride spots to a simple “Ride” system.

Well, about 20 years ago, we had a sensational operation of football busses picking up from all over.
    That meant loads of us could just walk a road or 2, and get the bus directly there.

Would be great if that ever happened again, but i think a couple of central park n rides is the best we can hope for again now.

• @our_frank said:
    @LX1 Yes, it looks like it: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/club/how-to-find-us/

Given this has been edited to reflect the new parking cost, I assume that it is also up-to-date for buses.

Good news that this continues.
    They did mention an "enhanced" Arriva offering too. But no further word on any details on that yet.

• However, @our_frank, it doesn't reflect the need to have pre-booked to park in the official car park. Quite surprising given the updated advise from the club this week. Someone needs to amend what's written ...

General Parking:
    There are limited parking facilities at the ground and access before and after the game is often busy. Upper tier parking in official club car park is priced at £10.

Street parking is also available in the vicinity of the ground, however, supporters are warned that traffic wardens patrol the area regularly and we would ask you to park sensibly, respecting our neighbours in the Sands area.

*please note that the capacity of the upper car park may be reduced in adverse weather conditions.

• @Malone said:

@TheDancingYak said:

Well, about 20 years ago, we had a sensational operation of football busses picking up from all over.
    That meant loads of us could just walk a road or 2, and get the bus directly there.

Would be great if that ever happened again, but i think a couple of central park n rides is the best we can hope for again now.

I agree, that’s the sort of thing I had in mind, but leveraging what is already in place in the arriva/carrousel services already into town

• @TheDancingYak said:

@Malone said:

@TheDancingYak said:

I agree, that’s the sort of thing I had in mind, but leveraging what is already in place in the arriva/carrousel services already into town

I used to get on coach outside the Green Dragon Pub in Flackwell Heath. It used to be quite full as well and bloody convenient.

• Surely that field in West Wycombe will be a quagmire in the winter . We don’t all drive 4x4 off road SUVs.

• After a bit of advice. Where is a good place to park without paying £10? I'm bringing my 5 year old son to his first ever Wycombe game and obviously can't walk miles with him.

• edited August 2021

@thecatwwfc said:
    After a bit of advice. Where is a good place to park without paying £10? I'm bringing my 5 year old son to his first ever Wycombe game and obviously can't walk miles with him.

You can either take the park n ride from west wycombe for free, the ride in on the bus might even be a thrill for a kid that age, build the momentum!

Or get to Hillbottom road very early and just use the usual set of industrial estate parking for probably a fiver? That's all in still in place isn't it?