Skip to content

Car park price increase

Comments

• The council said no the ground being where it is now, but was overruled, on appeal, from the Dept of the Environment.

• Just got to hope that communication reaches everyone - away fans especially - because it seemed that wasn't the case on Wednesday night.

• They just need someone with a sign at the roundabout.

• Learnings?

• @floyd said:
    Learnings?

I wasn't sure about that, but apparently Shakespeare used it...

• And Borat.

• @Malone said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Surely they haven’t got rid of the Handy Cross Hub P&R. Loads of car parking, a bus stop. The ideal location .

It was ideal when it went straight to the ground from up there.

Then they made it the start of the route, meaning you had about a 50min trip on there.

Not seen anyone confirm it's still in operation though. Presume it will be for the first proper game?

Agree, Handy Cross Hub is the ideal location for Park and Ride. Near the motorway, run a shuttle from there to the ground. Run another shuttle from the railway station to the ground, and a third from the West Wycombe location. Sorted.

• I wonder if the club have thought about doing a coach from Aylesbury to home games, given that Motts are based there it could be a fairly convenient set up for all concerned. Must be a few fans based there who would use it if it picked up at a convenient location.

I know MK have tried to tap into the Aylesbury market in recent years but now that we have a bit more clout it may be worth revisiting.

• I would be up for that @Vincey but surely it would only be one bus at one time...as they could not run a shuttle a few times back and forth that far out.

• I have a season pass for the Upper and I understand from the latest Club update that I will also now need to book online each time. This feels like the virtual season ticket scenario repeated.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I have a season pass for the Upper and I understand from the latest Club update that I will also now need to book online each time. This feels like the virtual season ticket scenario repeated.

What? That sounds mad. I haven’t received my pass yet. You?

• I was given the same type of hanging pass as we have had in previous years in Upper Car Park.
    I expect that will be enough

• Yes I've a hanging pass that I collected last Tuesday (along with my plastic season ticket). I'm really querying the latest club news release which to me suggests that all parking slots have to be pre-booked online. It doesn't say that parking season ticket holders are exempt.

• If we are to go all out for park and ride, it needs to be more flexible than I suspect is currently being mooted. Supporters like to hang around and chew the fat after the game and how many do this will largely be governed by the qualities of the game itself. The park and ride therefore needs to be very flexible. From my point of view the last bus to any location should not be leaving any earlier than say, 6.15 or take up is likely to be limited.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I have a season pass for the Upper and I understand from the latest Club update that I will also now need to book online each time. This feels like the virtual season ticket scenario repeated.

It would be very useful if anyone actually has an official answer to this question, @AlanCecil. I've just spent 25 minutes trying to call the club and no-one is answering as others have commented elsewhere.
    So if I am an upper tier season pass holder do I still need to book a parking space for Saturday?

• @Twizz said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

It would be very useful if anyone actually has an official answer to this question, @AlanCecil. I've just spent 25 minutes trying to call the club and no-one is answering as others have commented elsewhere.
    So if I am an upper tier season pass holder do I still need to book a parking space for Saturday?

I have an upper tier season ticket but it would not make any sense to book each time, the idea of a season ticket is that you have a reserved space every game. I think the club mean that a one-off ticket for a match has to be booked in advance.

• I agree that it wouldn't be sensible, @Steve_Peart, however the club's statement has served to muddy the water on this issue rather than clarify.
    I'm not the only one,posting on here, who has read the statement and is now unclear of their status regards parking for Saturday.
    Separately, you only have to look at the issues regarding season tickets (personally I've opted for a virtual card but as yet am unable to access it on my phone, whereas my son who ordered a physical ticket has not yet received it but can access a virtual copy) to know that sensible doesn't always equate to what actually happens.

• Reading all the fears of previous posters,(re parking, plastic season tickets/virtual) I'm almost glad my good lady booked us on holiday this Saturday. A position, I wish to add, had me reaching for the "hot line" direct to my legal advisor. He assured me that it was grounds for a legal separation under the heading of "unreasonable behaviour" even after 31 years of marriage! Now I'm thinking, let others forge a path to a smooth transition to the next home game.

• @Steve_Peart said:

I have an upper tier season ticket but it would not make any sense to book each time, the idea of a season ticket is that you have a reserved space every game. I think the club mean that a one-off ticket for a match has to be booked in advance.

If there are say 200 slots available and 180 season passes sold the remaining are free for purchase on an ad-hoc basis. If 30 season passes don’t attend for a particular reason those 30 spaces represent lost ad-hoc income for the club.

Asking pass holders to confirm their likely attendance, say 48 hours prior to the game, means pass holders are guaranteed their paid for slot and allowing maximum ad-hoc bookings.

No idea on the figures being anywhere close to accurate but you get the general idea and why pass holders confirming might make sense. .

• The same could apply to your season ticket seat on that basis then?

• @Blue_since_1990 it could. But we are more likely to be short on parking spaces than seats at the moment.

• I have been told that those with a parking season ticket will just need to display their pass to gain entry to the upper tier car park and don’t need to pre-book for each game. I will get absolute confirmation and post again later.

• Thank-you @glasshalffull, much appreciated.

• Fingers crossed my pass turns up. I am thinking a physical card seems to be the way forward for a season ticket unless the club's ticketing system can do one that adds to a wallet on ios and whatever the equivalent might be on Android.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    the club's ticketing system can do one

Fixed that for you ;)

• The club can surely oversell car park places on the basis that they know x number of season ticket holders won't turn up on any given day. Airlines do it all the time, with only occasionally disastrous results.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    The club can surely oversell car park places on the basis that they know x number of season ticket holders won't turn up on any given day. Airlines do it all the time, with only occasionally disastrous results.

They seem to be putting a very specific number on the car parking when reality can involve a lot of variables. As a hated Chelsea tractor driver I am always asked to park at the back of the car park where the surface might be variable. There are usually at least 20 of us in that position. The car park layout from the pics v Leicester was different to normal and I wonder if this is due to a bit of research to ensure all the for sale spaces are on a good surface. When it is rainy in November and the field is less than perfect will spaces be less?

Also, and I am sure this has already been answered, did the car park money used to go to the trust and is now going to the club? Or has it always gone to the club? Why have we changed things?

• I can confirm that a season parking pass is sufficient for the upper tier car park.