Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @Alexo said:
    With the derby nonsense finally resulting in us definitely being in league 1 and uche going.... Now would be a great time to announce a spectacular incoming player...... ??????

Messi's a free agent.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Gary said:
    Don’t rule out any more outgoings. I still think Freeman will leave, plus one or two more, so there should be a few more spaces in the squad.

For me Freeman in the little game time he had was better than Horgan.

Absolutely! I am tempted to pull the Freeman bandwagon out of the garage it was stored in for his loan period.

• edited July 2021

@Shev said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Gary said:
    Don’t rule out any more outgoings. I still think Freeman will leave, plus one or two more, so there should be a few more spaces in the squad.

Absolutely! I am tempted to pull the Freeman bandwagon out of the garage it was stored in for his loan period.

Nooo... it's the one thing stopping you from breaking into the top 30 posters on the site locker.

• edited July 2021

I just don't see where Freeman fits in. And if it's not happened for him by now, is it ever going to? And you know I was well and truly on that bandwagon at one point, @Shev!

• Same role as Memehti. We’ve not seen Nick in the new system yet, reckon he’d boss it. Lemme help you shove that wagon out @Shev

• @Malone said:
    @Shev said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Gary said:

Nooo... it's the one thing stopping you from breaking into the top 30 posters on the site locker.

There are 31 posters on the forum. I see what you did there!

• @Shev said:
    There are 31 posters on the forum. I see what you did there!

Is that all? DOL, we can't half type a lot of drivel on here! :-)

• I was just joking about where I rank in the grand scheme of things. I would guess around 70 active posters based on some of the polls we see.

• I’d keep Freeman. Played an important role in our promotion and is a different kind of classy player. Would be an excellent back up for Memehti.

• Being cool, calm and collected, comfortable on the ball, able to pick a pass etc clearly doesn’t always cut the mustard, it seems. I was surprised that Nick didn’t make more of an impression at Orient. Bit of an enigma. Frustrating not knowing what the missing ingredient is.

• Darius Charles returns to AFC Wimbledon. Surprised really, thought he'd be doing some form of ambassadorial role at the club.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Darius Charles returns to AFC Wimbledon. Surprised really, thought he'd be doing some form of ambassadorial role at the club.

Sounds like he's doing that sort of thing there - with mentoring and being a positive background influence, over being primarily a player.

• Really pleased for him. The downside is that I will now want Wimbledon to do quite well

• Wait, what's wrong with Wimbledon?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wait, what's wrong with Wimbledon?

Where have you been?
    We always have horrible grimy games there, and a lot of their fans are absolute hateful bitters towards us.

• @Malone I remember some weird chanting at our place about how Ainsworth's "teams always cheat", but I think that was just a slightly moronic minority. Maybe the new stadium will improve the games, though...

• edited July 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    @Malone I remember some weird chanting at our place about how Ainsworth's "teams always cheat", but I think that was just a slightly moronic minority. Maybe the new stadium will improve the games, though...

Can't fail to. That ground had the worst view in the league.
    Way too shallow a terrace, only half of the length of it given to away fans, and with the dug out in the way too.
    You'd have to get there very early and be very tall to see down the touchline!

Makes Luton feel like a glorious experience.

• @Shev said:
    I was just joking about where I rank in the grand scheme of things. I would guess around 70 active posters based on some of the polls we see.

Back on the original Gasroom there was a chart produced ranking most number of posts, would love to see the equivalent

• @perfidious_albion said:

@Shev said:
    I was just joking about where I rank in the grand scheme of things. I would guess around 70 active posters based on some of the polls we see.

Back on the original Gasroom there was a chart produced ranking most number of posts, would love to see the equivalent

You can see individual numbers if you click on a user. I think the glorious triumvirate of @Malone, @micra and @Wendoverman would be lapping the field.

• The other two might @Shev but my lapping days are over.

Can’t believe it’s 3-0 and mrs micra hasn’t emerged from the toilet yet!

• @Shev said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@Shev said:

You can see individual numbers if you click on a user. I think the glorious triumvirate of @Malone, @micra and @Wendoverman would be lapping the field.

I could blame lockdown but I fear it is sadly very true that I need to get a life.

• @Shev said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@Shev said:

I believe 73% of @micra's posts are about height, and he also holds the record for most consecutive posts on a thread. 17.

@wendoverman tends to make 1 serious post every 132 posts he makes.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@Shev said:

A chart of decent posts made would be more interesting.
    That'd change the order substantially!

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@Shev said:

I believe 73% of @micra's posts are about height, and he also holds the record for most consecutive posts on a thread. 17.

And the remainder about the weather!

• That Jordan Pickford doesn’t look that tall to me but apart from one moment of madness he was rarely troubled. He probably needed less hydration after the game than the outfield players who sweated buckets in the 27 degree heat and 80% humidity.

• I hope we stuff Wimbledon 5-0 whether Darius is playing or not

• Will we hold onto Anis Mehmeti. Given how well Anis did in his first season at Championship level, I would imagine that a few clubs may come knocking. I hope not but I would not be surprised at all.

• I understand Spurs are looking to loan out 19 year old Kion Etete next season. He's a 6ft 5 centre forward with a good scoring record in PL2 last season.
    With Kane, Moura, Parrott and Scarlett ahead of him in the CF role he won't and has not had any first team opportunities at Spurs.
    Worth a look?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Will we hold onto Anis Mehmeti. Given how well Anis did in his first season at Championship level, I would imagine that a few clubs may come knocking. I hope not but I would not be surprised at all.

I would imagine that Anis will be ours next season. Anis didn't have too many games last season, not denying he did well when he played, but he did make a few glaring mistakes that either cost us or very nearly did. Not unexpected given his experience but did show that he is still a rough diamond that needs work to polish. The polishing I doubt will happen at any level higher than ours, so what would be the point in a sideways move, yet?

• Huge season for Anis. In less than 12 months he could be the rising star in league 1 destined for championship or higher. He really looks like he has that much talent. As always with young gifted players their destiny is in their hands largely and with a bit of luck regarding injuries he should be our biggest transfer success.