Skip to content

EFL Playoffs

Comments

• Who is this co-commentator and why can’t he form a coherent sentence?

• @drcongo said:
    Who is this co-commentator and why can’t he form a coherent sentence?

Lee Hendrie, who's normally pretty good I find.

• It’s a good thing they’re too big a club to be our rivals because if they weren’t they’d be furious about how much we enjoyed seeing that

• Karl Robinson's post-match interview could be absolute gold.

• "Poor old Fatty Robinson
    Oh what can it mean,
    Your just a James Corden lookalike
    And have built a shit football team"

• Nothing to fear at the top of L1 based on that evidence.

• The worst thing to happen to Oxford United since Robert Maxwell rolled off the back of a boat.

• Rusell Martin pointing out the selflessness of Blackpool's attackers compared to Oxford's. Sounds familiar, doesn't it.

• Now Lincoln, hold your nerve!

• @Shev said:
    Now Lincoln, hold your nerve!

I think Blackpool are going to win regardless, so don't you want Sunderland in the final for more Wembley tears?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@drcongo said:
    Who is this co-commentator and why can’t he form a coherent sentence?

Lee Hendrie, who's normally pretty good I find.

Thanks. I think I’ve complained about his inarticulate nonsense on here before. To paraphrase the great Eric Morecambe, he uses all the right words, just not necessarily in the right order. And some of them are the wrong words.

Genuinely cannot understand how he got the job. Surely there’s an ex footballer out there who’s more erudite than a fern.

• So am I right that Oxford have played 5 playoff matches in the last 2 yrs and actually won zero matches (without the need for penalties)? We played 3 and won 2 of them. Yep we definitely fluked it didn’t we ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:
    Now Lincoln, hold your nerve!

I think Blackpool are going to win regardless, so don't you want Sunderland in the final for more Wembley tears?

I'm a cautious person with this kind of thing. All disliked teams must leave at the first possible opportunity!

• What a shame. Oxford miss out again.

• just seen the score.

Disconsolate, obviously, whilst of course appreciating the joys of the Not A Local Derby occurring yet again.

But didn’t they do ever so well to get here in the first place, having bravely battled all the way up here from beyond the Football League.

It’s all about The Big Day Out and I’m sure they enjoyed their time in the spotlight!!!!!

• Whole new meaning to the word “poised” at half time. Presumably a desperate attempt to con people who thought it was a one-off game to carry on watching.
    Lee Hendrie is a jerk, sorry, joke.

Forgot to press ‘post comment’ yesterday!

• Brentford in trouble early on.

• That was some outrageous behaviour from Begovic after the pen.

Toney's retrieved the ball and is jogging off with it, and Begovic sprints up to him, steals the ball, and then goes down feigning injury.
    He's a piece of work that guy.

• @Malone said:
    That was some outrageous behaviour from Begovic after the pen.

Toney's retrieved the ball and is jogging off with it, and Begovic sprints up to him, steals the ball, and then goes down feigning injury.

They both are then.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:

They both are then.

It says it all when Toney is the innocent in the incident!

• Absolute goonery from Mepham for Bournemouth. Down to 10.

Very finely poised. What a game.

• @Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:

They both are then.

It says it all when Toney is the innocent in the incident!

Just seen the clip. Quite ridiculous from Begovic.

• Wow, that's a big call. Sacrificing David Brooks to bring a defender in on 30mins!!

Long hour to go if they think they're shutting this game out!

• This a cracking game. For two good footballing teams it's nice and feisty.

• Really hoping Brentford win this after Bournemouth's antics against us.

• @Shev said:
    Really hoping Brentford win this after Bournemouth's antics against us.

Not to mention Begovic's antics n this game too.

• Begovic was a disgrace...going down because his own player pushed him! Bournemouth play acting throughout was stinking up the semi final. Pleased for Brentford.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Begovic was a disgrace...going down because his own player pushed him! Bournemouth play acting throughout was stinking up the semi final. Pleased for Brentford.

He's an absolute toe rag of a bloke.
    Delighted he's had a dreadful day of action.

Now bring on the Sunderland.

• We're all Imps this afternoon, right?