Skip to content

EFL Playoffs

Comments

• Oh Sunderland ?

• edited May 2021

And same on the colour clash, can only assume its not as bad IRL?

• Lol at that goal.

• All those parachute payments and still can't sign a keeper capable of clearing the ball.

• @drcongo said:
    Lol at that goal.

Comedy gold. Chase everything. Something the “big” clubs would do well to instal as a mentality. See tonight’s Lincoln goal and Oxford towards the end of a recent playoff final as to why this is a good idea.

Not that Oxford will be seeing a playoff final this year. Something which warms my heart just a tad.

• How joyous to see and hear supporters singing and dancing.

• "Don't worry lads, the Papa John Trophy you won earlier, that's safe"

• Think I might pay the Sunderland forum a visit later, see on what scale of 1 -10 the meltdown is

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Think I might pay the Sunderland forum a visit later, see on what scale of 1 -10 the meltdown is

You might have more fun on Newcastle's

• One of the first replies to the club's full-time tweet: "The players will never care as much as the fans do, the harsh and sad reality. Can’t wait for the lot of them to be released in the summer"

How great is it for that kind of feeling to be absolutely unfathomable as a Wycombe fan in this era?

• Oh my, had a quick glance, long enough to see them demanding the manager is sacked, all of the players aren't good enough and league one is a shit hole

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Oh my, had a quick glance, long enough to see them demanding the manager is sacked, all of the players aren't good enough and league one is a shit hole

I'll never understand the slating of a division that you've been too crap to get out of. It's bizarre.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    And same on the colour clash, can only assume its not as bad IRL?

I think it might have been worse in real life, there were a few times someone appeared to play a beautiful pass to an opposition player. Lincoln did it late on, under no pressure and wasted a very good attacking position.

• Lukey O9 is coming in for some abuse !

"He's thick as pig shit"
    "He's a fucking muppet"
    And
    "The lad should be a PE teacher in Buckinghamshire. Absolute pitiful excuse of a professional footballer" !!

Bit harsh... who the hell do Sunderland think they really are ?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Lukey O9 is coming in for some abuse !

"He's thick as pig shit"
    "He's a fucking muppet"
    And
    "The lad should be a PE teacher in Buckinghamshire. Absolute pitiful excuse of a professional footballer" !!

Bit harsh... who the hell do Sunderland think they really are ?

I've been in our crowd and heard some woeful stuff towards our own players.
    But the interweb does seem to capture such horrible stuff so vividly.

• Personally I quite liked Lincoln's 1980s Forest kit but it is a disgrace League One is full.of crappy small clubs who take points from Sunderland. I back them and Pompey for promotion next season.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Think I might pay the Sunderland forum a visit later, see on what scale of 1 -10 the meltdown is

The thread has about 180 pages, so I skipped around trying to find reaction to the goals. They were in complete meltdown....BEFORE the second goal went in.

• From years of reading opposition forums any criticism Wycombe supporters put online about their own players is usually very tame indeed, I’m not saying it doesn’t exist or that some do cross the line but there’s some you read that leave you wondering what team do they actually support

• Derek Adams apparently heading to Bradford regardless of whether Morecambe go up or not, so that's all the fun taken out of that.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Derek Adams apparently heading to Bradford regardless of whether Morecambe go up or not, so that's all the fun taken out of that.

He clearly wants no part of a reunion with Gareth.

• Having gone on about how shite Lincoln are and League One is and how Sunderland are too big to be languishing down there amongst the tin pot, timewasting cheats, one fan then comments...'We seem to be a scalp for other teams for some reason...' :smile:

• last season's L1 play-off final highlights are being shown on Sky right now. Maybe they felt sorry for Oxford fans and wanted to remind them what Wembley looks like since they aren't going there this year.

• I was thinking of songs for the next time we visit The Open Ended Place.

How about "Wembely, Wenbely. We're the famous Wycombe Wanderers and we've been to Wembely."

• My daughter got immunised at the Kassam (early doors) and my wife (who has no interest in the game) who used to work near the old ground was surprised to see how shoddy it looked '...And it's only got three sides!'

• An appropriate site given the tenants' immunity to promotion

• It was difficult to watch the 2nd half at the Kassam on Monday, due to all the smoke emitting from the Blackpool defenders cigars.

• How about "Your fans look like cars"?

• I hope Lincoln turn over Sunderland at home but even if the Macams do turn it around, I think Blackpool will easily keep Oxford at bay and go on to win the final.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I hope Lincoln turn over Sunderland at home but even if the Macams do turn it around, I think Blackpool will easily keep Oxford at bay and go on to win the final.

Here's hoping

• Frenetic half in L2. Morecambe 2-1 up despite Tranmere dominance.