Skip to content

EFL Playoffs

Comments

• I don't know why I'm infatuated with the Sunderland forum atm, but it's incredibly entertaining... the meltdown on there has just reached Guinness world record levels !

• I think Blackpool will be too strong for Lincoln...I mean the Imps just lost to a very poor side.??

• I wouldn’t be complaining about cheesy chips for a quid.

• There is a trophy for the losing semi finalists

• Really they should have a playoff for 5th and 6th places now.

• ‘Swansea have been operating on a tight budget this season.’

I bet they haven’t.

• Tight compared to Man City maybe!

• Those Sunderland fans are hilarious.
    One asked if Appleton gets Lincoln up would they consider him!

Talk about deluded. Step down a division to take their circus on!

• Been saying for a couple of years Sunderland won’t get promotion while they keep Leadbitter and McGeady around the club. I still say that.

Bournemouth have some massive problems. Seem such a disfunctional group and the antics today were no different to the ones we saw when we played them at their place. Losing all three games when the playoffs were achieved shows a poor attitude.

Oxford???? Hahahahaha. Deserve all they get with that manager.

• Swansea have deserved this, pretty comfortable overall.

Unlucky Woodrow.

• Bugger spoke too soon, come on Swansea

• Hard to have any sympathy for Barnsley after their antics at AP. Swansea v Brentford should be a good final.

• Strange to think we played Swansea off their park at times when they were still in the hunt for automatic promotion, and now they are a game away from the PL.

I am convinced we could have "done a Barnsley" had we stayed up.

• Great to see the terrace open at Morecombe.

• You’ll be standing on it before too long @Glenactico.

• It’s a shame that Tranmere decided not to play in the final - maybe they can come up with some wild formula that will see them promoted. Hell, stick them in the top flight as they more than deserve that.

As much as I dislike seeing that smug grin on Mr Adams’ face, it’ll be even sweeter seeing him losing at Wembley.

• Grudging respect for the most miserable man in football for taking Morecambe to such improbable heights. Doesn't ever look like someone who enjoys... well, anything.

• Definitely the Victor Meldrew of the football world.

• And I am the Gasroom equivalent of the UK in the European song contest.

• Although I did once get a couple of thumbs up.

• @micra said:
    Although I did once get a couple of thumbs up.

Keep the behind closed doors activities to yourself son ;)

• Ooh, you are awful.....

• Working out who to support in the L2 playoffs based on who it would be funniest to see Sunderland play. FGR would surely be the smallest club to ever reach the third tier.

• FGR not messing about here, two-goal deficit cancelled out inside seven minutes!

• @floyd said:
    Working out who to support in the L2 playoffs based on who it would be funniest to see Sunderland play. FGR would surely be the smallest club to ever reach the third tier.

Morecambe get slightly smaller crowds, but either one would rattle Sunderland just with their presence.

• Tough to really assess clubs sizes I know. But Morecambe is about seven times the size of Nailsworth, which about as big as Chinnor.

• edited May 2021

@floyd said:
    Tough to really assess clubs sizes I know. But Morecambe is about seven times the size of Nailsworth, which about as big as Chinnor.

Bloody hell, I had no idea it was quite that small! I think size of fan base is a good gauge, and they're similar in that sense.