Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• I'd prefer an Uche hat trick in the opening 15 followed by 75 minutes of chickens roosting.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Derby's final game of the season is at home to Cardiff. Anyone else daydreaming an injury time winner from Uche that seals their relegation?

Why are we so fascinated with Derby getting relegated? I personally couldn't care less. They will get what they deserve when they go tumbling down the leagues through their own wrongdoings.

• @thecatwwfc - it's a subjective thing, based on how upset one is that we got relegated by a point to those cheaty sheep.

• @Shev said:
    @thecatwwfc - it's a subjective thing, based on how upset one is that we got relegated by a point to those cheaty sheep.

I get it, but why do we want to punish those not responsible for it?
    I really think we should let it go. Every team in the division that year that Derby took points off have a case. If we'd gained that point elsewhere, we would have stayed up.

It just wasn't meant to be, and is not up to us as football fans to pray on another clubs' demise. The fans of DCFC, although deluded, don't deserve this. They are backing their club. Imagine if it was us....

• The same fans that were revelling in their glory times, knowing that they were heading into a shitstorm?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@Shev said:
    @thecatwwfc - it's a subjective thing, based on how upset one is that we got relegated by a point to those cheaty sheep.

I get it, but why do we want to punish those not responsible for it?
    I really think we should let it go. Every team in the division that year that Derby took points off have a case. If we'd gained that point elsewhere, we would have stayed up.

It just wasn't meant to be, and is not up to us as football fans to pray on another clubs' demise. The fans of DCFC, although deluded, don't deserve this. They are backing their club. Imagine if it was us....

We all have our perspective, but had they been justly deducted points, there is only one club who would have stayed up instead.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    The same fans that were revelling in their glory times, knowing that they were heading into a shitstorm?

And the same fans who are calling RC and Wycombe parasites.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    The same fans that were revelling in their glory times, knowing that they were heading into a shitstorm?

Not sure how much they knew about it.

• @Shev said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

And the same fans who are calling RC and Wycombe parasites.

I would defend my club in the same way if we were in that situation. They know what they've done but we are looking to gain from it.

If we'd beaten one more team that season - it wouldn't have even been a subject for us. I agree they should get their comeuppance, and they will, but I don't want our club to be the club that downed DCFC. As a football fan, I just want to see us succeed on the pitch. We are not going to gain a place back in the Championship because of this. We may gain a little financially - but I'm bored of it now. Let the EFL and RC do what they have to do and let's not give people a reason to call us "parasites". We know what we are.

• I thought the subject was why we want them relegated, not going bust.

• @thecatwwfc said:

Worked there for 20 years with numerous Derby season ticket holders. It's not a good time for them at the moment, but every one of them has known for years that Morris was pulling every trick in the book to get to the Premier League, where it would all be forgotten.

Any Derby supporter who claims to be shocked and amazed at what's happened is either extraordinarily naïve, or a liar.

• Ultimately, we are all going to come down on the spectrum somewhere with our views. I think the main thing is not being dumbfounded someone else can view it differently. For instance, there are those among us who don't care about Derby at all, and I don't find it a puzzling view just because I personally would prefer they walk the plank.

• I suggest you all get on iplayer and watch the Macclesfield documentary. Gives an insight to how some genuine Derby fans may feel.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    I suggest you all get on iplayer and watch the Macclesfield documentary. Gives an insight to how some genuine Derby fans may feel.

Title please @thecatwwfc (for searching purposes).

• I agree it is now quite boring @thecatwwfc but after 98 pages I would suggest you are a bit late to the party to be overly bothered about people being bothered about something you are not bothered about. The Gasroom has no power to destroy Derby or even relegate them...so you can rest assured we're not going to ruin the lives of their fans.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

• And there was me thinking that 27 new comments must be because the Administrators have finally announced their preferred bidder.
    Or have they kicked the can down the road again today?

• @Twizz said:
    And there was me thinking that 27 new comments must be because the Administrators have finally announced their preferred bidder.
    Or have they kicked the can down the road again today?

They did a bit, oddly they have some people still interested despite all that has gone on and will eek their way to the end of the season ignoring the hopelessly weak EFLs demands.
    For them it's probably best tbh, they seem to be able to get away with it and investment won't be helped by constant scrutiny of rushing. Regardless of what they may or may not deserve.
    This is still kinda funny

• @micra said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    I suggest you all get on iplayer and watch the Macclesfield documentary. Gives an insight to how some genuine Derby fans may feel.

Title please @thecatwwfc (for searching purposes).

"Making Macclesfield FC"

• "We'll announce the preferred bidder by the end of this week" - last week.

It's now Tuesday and not a peep has been heard.

Derby are almost definitely relegated - they'd likely need 5+ wins from 7.

EFL probably want them to finish the season to avoid some sort of PPG fiasco again. Quantuma probably expect this and are therefore keeping quiet too because they'll get paid more for their 'services'. I guess we'll see what happens once the season finishes...

What a waste of everyone's time.

• I love the phrase "preferred bidder" here, like there's more than one idiot that would buy them.

• @drcongo said:
    I love the phrase "preferred bidder" here, like there's more than one idiot that would buy them.

The world is not short of idiots

• We'll announce the preferred bidder by the end of this week"

Everyone loves a bit of bullshit

• Odd headline really, screams of "I don't have a clue what's going on but would like to feel important"
    I thought they were turning bidders away last week.

• Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere in the previous 97 pages, but I notice that there has recently (17th March) been another company registered with Companies House.
    DERBY COUNTY F.C.LIMITED. Company number 13983303.
    One shareholder by the name of Neil Stuart Mansell. Listed as a Football Supporter.

He also is a director of
    DERBY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED. Company number 13975759. first registered on 15th March 2022
    and
    DERBY COUNTY LIMITED. Company number 13983177. First registered on 17th March 2022.

What the heck is really going on there?

• No idea, but a little digging suggests he's retired and living in Spain.

• Seems to be involved in property and building. Perhaps the Mel Morris Entertainments Dome is finally on the cards - with Pride Park becoming the Las Vegas of the East Midlands.

• Another delay to the ‘imminent’ takeover…