Skip to content

Match day thread: Swansea

Comments

• Unfortunate but ref had no choice really! We just need to keep on as we have been.

• Sums up our season.

• Would you Adam and Eve it.

• Oh it came back just in time for their equalizer. Great.

• Oh bugger! And they looked crap as well. What a shame.

• What a cruel few mins. As terrible as the first few mins of the 2nd half were brilliant.

Bayo winner? Is it written?

• Well bugger. A goal for Bayo would be a thing of joy but there you go

• I think we should get Bayo kitted up and ready to come on right at the start, because Uche only starts running when Bayo is about to replace him.

• How did that not go in?

• How has Muskwe missed that?! Blooming heck

• I though Ade had scored.

• How did he miss that? Dear me.

• Another to add to the what might have been list. But no complaints about the performance or effort. We’ve gone toe to toe with one of the best teams in the division there.

I hope we can have Adeniran and Muskwe for a whole season next year.

• Oh dear, so disappointing overall we looked the better team and probably crafted the better chances we just could not make them stick

On a bright note we are truly blessed to have Phil & Alicia on commentary

• Yup @Malone I find losing a lead more depressing than conceding a last minute winner!

• To be disappointed with a draw away at 3rd placed Swansea is a bit madcap, but it's to our credit for that performance that's how we feel!

• Superbly entertaining game. I would love to watch that every week.

• Hard to pick a MoM today as so many players performed exceptionally, Denis & Curtis bossed the midfield, Fred & Jason were really good at wing back and Garath and Admiral were superb upfront and not forgetting Stocko of course

• Performance of the season for me. We've outplayed one of the best footballing sides in the division on their own turf. Cruel that we haven't won, but looking at the bigger picture, that's the sort of performance we can take confidence from for next season.

I really hope we can pick up Adeniran and Muskwe. Muskwe is a raw talent and like Mehmeti has a habit of giving the ball away in awful areas, but he comes alive in and around the opposition box. How he missed that chance at the end though I'll never know!

Ultimately, gutted we've not got the win we richly deserved, but delighted with a hugely exciting performance.

• JJ was superb and his interceptions and forward surges in the first half were a revelation. We didn’t need the added height at the back today. Swansea don’t have giant forwards. Losing Ayew early on must have been a big blow for Swansea. I’ve often seen him as their Man of the Match. But superb stuff from Wycombe.

• Very disappointing as I was still confident we could see it out even after the pen. Still not convinced by Horgan but a great performance from the lads.

• Denis being AWOL for so much of the season is a huge mystery to me. He clearly is good enough so why the silence about him for so long.
    Would love to ham him back next year.

• We were so comfortable up to the penalty. Best game of the season for entertainment, though.

• Excellent performance that deserved all three points. Adeniran my MotM, though everyone had a good game I thought.

• At half time I was going to post that I was disappointed Garath McCleary wasn't grabbing hold of the game enough but ran out of time. Lucky really, as he showed in that second half what we can achieve by fielding a creative playmaker who plays with maturity and oodles of footballing intelligence. Almost every ball he played was deadly, he dictated the play, spread the ball wisely, kept their defence guessing and showed us what the missing piece in our jigsaw had been since switching to the new formation.

That Muskwe goal was... well it was just like watching Swansea. Sublime, incisive one-touch football from Adeniran, Ikpeazu and Muskwe - leading to a real goal of beauty. We play that team and that way in League One and we'll score some superb goals. Was lovely to see us play with a swashbuckling swagger now the pressure is off.

• I thought that was the best performance of the season. Fluid clever football at times. Unlucky not to be given a penalty and unlucky to give one away at that particular time. Credit for sharp tatics to Ainsworth, ctedit for a committed team effort which was so cohesive it reached 'confident' at times. I can't help be disappointed but proud at the same time. I think we would have sung them off the pitch for that result and that performance at any stage of the season.

On a personal note, personal since my sister and brother-in-law are season ticket holders at Norwich, I think we have done them a favour as they can now reach the premier league tonight.

Here are three moments to encapsulate season for me. Starting withDaryl Horgan minute two I believe against Rotherham first game of the season. Minute 90 home to Norwich back in October before we had our first point when the referee failed to spot the dive by Vrancic after he stepped on Fred Onyedima's foott and then he scored from free kick. Finally today when Jason McCarthy looks to have done an inadvertant handball of the cruelist kind.

Such is football. We should have an applaud the season event at Adams Park when we are all back, whatever the final outcome of the season is.

• @railwaysteve Norwich are promoted.

• Filled with pride at the way we played today..2 goals to live long in the memory and some slick attacking football throughout that answered any critics of our footballing style...I think back to league 2 scrapping at the bottom and reflect on being disappointed at the result today and realise how far we have come in only a few short years. Just enjoy that feeling as our second goal hit the back of the net and don't get too downhearted!