Skip to content

Match day thread: Swansea

Comments

• Battle of the birds! Which swan is the mightiest?

• Presumably knight is unavailable then? Would say I'm surprised the club haven't given an update on the results of the appeal, but they seem more interesting in promoting fifa tournaments than actually giving out relevant information.

• Their swan does look a bit leaner and meaner, well set out badge, if a bit soulless.

• I’ve not seen any official confirmation that the club did appeal. There are penalties, I believe, for failed appeals that the panel consider ill-founded (and therefore time wasting) and, with our experience this season of the attitude of officialdom (whether justified or not), the club may have judged an appeal to be unlikely to succeed but it would have been nice to know what had been decided.

• I didn’t think there was much chance of winning that appeal. It was a hugely expensive mistake from a young player. We hold on to win last week and who knows. As it is we finally capitulated and now have 3 games without him

• Will be interesting to see who makes up the back three today presuming we continue with that system.

Grimmer and Stewart obviously but fair chance we’re going to be without Knight, Taff and JJ.

The recent appearance of Giles Phillips on the bench would suggest that Darius isn’t in our 25 man squad and that he’s now behind Phillips in the pecking order anyway.

So maybe an appearance for Phillips, perhaps a good opportunity to see whether he’s a decent option for next season in League One. He would seem quite well suited to the right side of a back three (as back up to Grimmer).

Hope we don’t put Jason McCarthy back there. Offers much, much more as a natural right wing back.

• so, sorry, after the "I'm sure it'll be overturned on appeal" line from last Saturday, we didn't bother to appeal? Or did we appeal and got knocked back. Can it really be that hard to tell the fans?

• Looks like a 4 4 2 on paper to me? Fred and mccleary on the wings with Grimmer at centre half.

• Hard to tell. Could be or could also be 3-4-3 again with Grimmer, Stewart and JJ across the back and a front three of McCleary, Uche and the Admiral.

• edited April 2021

@our_frank said:
    so, sorry, after the "I'm sure it'll be overturned on appeal" line from last Saturday, we didn't bother to appeal? Or did we appeal and got knocked back. Can it really be that hard to tell the fans?

@bluntphil has just said on 3CR that an appeal failed.

• I’m sure their badge will be great once it’s finished.

• The iFollow app just logged me out while I was watching the live stream. Not seen that before.

• The appeal failed! Shocker. Did they only watch it in fast forward mode or something?

Takes Knight out for 3 of the last 5 then.
    I wonder if we'll play him again if Tafa is fit by the last 2. Focus on the players we'll definitely have next season

• @drcongo said:
    The iFollow app just logged me out while I was watching the live stream. Not seen that before.

Me too. Is it working yet?

• I logged straight back in and it's working, yeah.

• Absolute disgrace Knight's red wasn't overturned but the Barnsley player's red for a worse tackle was rescinded. Just another setback we'll have to overcome...

• It's a bit sentimental, but I would love to see Samuel today.

• Would be interesting to know where @bluntphil got his info from regarding the supposed appeal especially as it's strange that there's no info on it from any other source. I don't particularly care either way but it would be nice if the club occasionally let supporters know what's going on.

• And they say we are good at gamesmanship... just grabbing the ball because Ikpeazu had got away from him.

• Swansea already wasting time

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@drcongo said:
    The iFollow app just logged me out while I was watching the live stream. Not seen that before.

Me too. Is it working yet?

Just did it again. I’ve had to switch to the crappy in-browser video.

• Where is scotty

• Looks like handball to me.

• How was that not a penalty?!? Great save by the centre back.

• The ref must have been unsighted not to have given that. Shocker.

• Pretty sophisticated football from Wycombe.

• There’s another decision to add to the list, handball!

• Curtis Thompson on fire in the first 20. And it looked like a penalty to me too.

• I must be missing something as i never feel aggrieved about the lack of injury news. I just assume the ones playing are the ones fit and available.