Match day thread: Watford

Comments

• Far too easy there I'm afraid.

• poor start....too defensive

• We’re just not at the races are we.

• Derek Payne someone who is always co-commentator for Watford games

• @carrickblue said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Shouldn't be hard at all, drives me mad.... waiting now for all the people who say it doesn't matter

EFL rules

14.5 When away from home a Club shall play in a registered kit which is (shirts, shorts, and socks) clearly distinguishable from those of their opponents. The League reserves the right to relax this requirement in respect of shorts where appropriate and after consultation with match officials. In circumstances where an ‘away’ Club cannot wear any of its kits without causing a potential kit clash, that Club shall be able to wear any combination of its registered kit in order to avoid the potential kit clash.

So as we don’t have light blue shorts registered we’d have to play in quartered tops with yellow or red shorts. But as the red/white kit is distinguishable in all respects rule 14.5 would apply before the relaxation could reasonably be used.

Additionally light blue shorts/socks are not, as far as I know, registered.

But as has already been mentioned this season, if you watch the Quest highlights on a Saturday there are loads of clashes with shorts and socks. I think were just a bit keen to get the red kit out as much as possible.

• The extra defensive midfielder is emphatically not proving to be an improvement. Just one fewer outlet when we do have the ball.

• Classic ifollow. Buffered, and suddenly 1-0 on the screen.

Even more annoying than just seeing us go one down normally.

• Who IS the Co-commentator? Ah, Phil just mentioned him. The poetical Derek Pain. Sorry, Payne.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Derek Payne someone who is always co-commentator for Watford games

Is that statement or question?
    He has an annoying voice though, and just said you "need to be competitive against Wycombe".

As opposed to other clubs of course, where you don't have to bother being competitive, presumably?

• Horgan trying to join in in midfield a bit but Uche is miles ahead of anyone else

• @micra said:
    We’re just not at the races are we.

Watford were in the Prem last season, are on a great run of form, and it's showing.

• Got away with that JJ.

• Think we got away with one there

• Blimey, we get away with a good penalty claim for once. Rather than being on the receiving end of a stinker

• Getting all the decisions like always ;)

• Think that was a pen.

Knight doesn’t seem at the races today. Some sloppy passes.

• Good refereeing on Uche there.

• Derek Payne - a face for radio and a voice for print.

Phil should pronounce his name wrong at every opportunity.

• @HolmerBlue said:

But as has already been mentioned this season, if you watch the Quest highlights on a Saturday there are loads of clashes with shorts and socks. I think were just a bit keen to get the red kit out as much as possible.

Agree with loads of clashes. Depends if ref determines there is a clash. If so then we can’t use light blue shorts.

OR we could have chosen to wear red...... which we shouldn’t

• Getting done for pace behind the full backs all the time at present.

• Who’s this ippykayzoo?

• @micra said:
    Who’s this ippykayzoo?

He’s one of the Lincolnshire Ippykayzoos.

• This game’s getting in the way of a spellbinding debate about kit.

• Bloody hell, dont want to seem like I'm always moaning about co commentators.... hut can Phil just not donit on his own?

• @micra said:
    Who’s this ippykayzoo?

Must be related to that Onyehdhakejehsma we had playing for us a few weeks back.

• Nice one @Gary.

• Hmmmn. He’s not wrong that Watford player. I’ve noticed how often Wheeler has a high arm or elbow when he goes up for the ball recently.

• Ffs 'do it's

I'll go away now

• Watford's penalty claim was weaker than Ikpeazu's moments later. BBC Radio Watford co commentator with his tinted specs thought Watford were robbed and Ikpeazu dived.