Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford

Comments

• See you next week.

• I’m livid on two counts currently. Mockery is not in my nature and I’m as riled by that insinuation as I am by the injustice of the situation at Brentford. Not the start to the second half of the season we were hoping for.

• Samuel and Bloomfield on. Here comes the four goal comeback.

• Utterly dreadful defending all match, could have been 10 in all honesty.

Shame as going forward we packed a punch.

• McCarthy is a good right back...bad game to be played out of position i think.

• Obita straight in for McCarthy on Tuesday please.

• As awful as it was we've got too much wrong here today, moaning about about one (admittedly awful) decision amongst 5 goals is never a good look.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    As awful as it was we've got too much wrong here today, moaning about about one (admittedly awful) decision amongst 5 goals is never a good look.

• Ooh, I really wish they’d shown the offside angle for that because I’m struggling with how he wasn’t offside there.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    As awful as it was we've got too much wrong here today, moaning about about one (admittedly awful) decision amongst 5 goals is never a good look.

This is exactly right. We’ve hopefully found something going forward, but it’s been awful at the back.

• 11 points from safety. 7 points off 23rd place. 7 goals conceded today.

We're being left a very long way adrift.

• @StrongestTeam said:

Totally agree but can’t escape the feeling of demoralisation. Seven now. - not that I’m watching.

• Anyone still think we are staying up?

• It that wasn’t. Embarrassing.

• We are out for the count here

• @HCblue said:
    It that wasn’t. Embarrassing.

*But that wasn’t

• Rare to say it but last 25 minutes has been utterly gutless and embarrassing.

• @Shev said:
    Anyone still think we are staying up?

Yes, I do

• @floyd said:

@StrongestTeam said:

This is exactly right. We’ve hopefully found something going forward, but it’s been awful at the back.

True...sad because we looked in it at half time. But they always start a half fast and that early goal at the start of second half did for us i think. To score twice is surprising enough ?

• @Shev said:

Not anymore, no.

• @kiscokid said:
    Rare to say it but last 25 minutes has been utterly gutless and embarrassing.

As soon as we made the subs.

• I don’t agree with that at all. Every player has kept fighting and we’ve just happened to be beaten easily by better players.

• @HCblue said:

@Shev said:

Not anymore, no.

Too much in need of considerable improvement, too many players not up to the job.

• Worst second half performance since Villa in the League Cup?

• @Brownie said:
    11 points from safety. 7 points off 23rd place. 7 goals conceded today.

We're being left a very long way adrift.

Yeah. It’s all about next season now. Supporters back, decent players in the squad and this time next year we’ll be watching live games and in the top three in league 1. Two years down the line and mid table championship.

• @eric_plant said:

@Shev said:

Yes, I do

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

• @eric_plant said:

@Shev said:

Yes, I do

Fair play mate!

• @eric_plant said:

@Shev said:

Yes, I do

We don't play Brentford every week so me too.

• How do you fall apart so easily? Sorry not good enough. Clearly missing some key players but to concede 7 is very very poor. One to forget and move on.

• Losing to Brentford hasn’t changed my mind one way or the other. Tough defeat and a worrying last twenty, but giving up now would be like leaving the navy because you’ve caught a glimpse of the ocean.