Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford

18910111214»

Comments

• Annual reminder that we once beat Brentford 5-3 at home in one of the most pulsating games ever seen at AP and our manager’s response was to completely change our style of play and slowly move away from the actual concept of entertainment. And it maybe took 16 years to properly recover.

Reaction >>> scores

• @Doob said:
    Is there anywhere else where a team gets stuffed 7-2, is rock bottom in the division but the only thing that seems to matter to the chattering fans is (as ever!) a single decision by the ref. And to think there are people on here that took pleasure in laughing at the Sunderland and Peterborough fan forums! I wonder who's laughing now?

That penalty decision was the "nail in the coffin of hope" that the majority of Wycombe fans had, added to many other very arguable others. Added to that, with the exception of one poster on here, the vast majority of Brentford fans thought it wasn't & even amused of one of the Brentford players nearest to the event. It follows therefore, that it would be debated heavily, especially given the events that followed, namely the scoreline.

• So is this officially a local rivalry?

• @Benjoker11 said:
    So is this officially a local rivalry?

No

• _Had enough of Ainsworth now. Obviously he may as well see the season out but we should be casting around now for a replacement in the summer. _

• Looks like the troll has remembered his log-in details. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

• Richie is back!

• @mooneyman said:
    Richie is back!

Sadly @TheComebackKid, toll or not, is expressing the same sentiment as some on the facebook group.

• If the Facebook group are calling for Gareth's head that has to be it doesn't it? Will they be marching on Adams Park to contest the results, invade the citadel (reception) and lynch the new floodlights?

• Anyone calling for Ainsworth to go, other than jokingly, doesn't deserve to support Wycombe.

• @Doob said:
    Is there anywhere else where a team gets stuffed 7-2, is rock bottom in the division but the only thing that seems to matter to the chattering fans is (as ever!) a single decision by the ref. And to think there are people on here that took pleasure in laughing at the Sunderland and Peterborough fan forums! I wonder who's laughing now?

I think it is possible to be frustrated by a really poor decision and also recognise that we would have lost the game anyway. I don’t think anyone is arguing that the penalty cost us a result.

• Is it really ketchup headbutt as per the image or just a tribute act?

• @Glenactico said:

@Doob said:

I think it is possible to be frustrated by a really poor decision and also recognise that we would have lost the game anyway. I don’t think anyone is arguing that the penalty cost us a result.

It was suggested recently that Doob might be a fan of alternative comedy so perhaps his post is an attempt at offbeat humour.