Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford

Comments

• No crowd but still a sarcastic shout of penalty.

• @CyprusSwan said:
    The ref even has screens above him. Just glance above ffs

I think I'd be more worried if a ref was staring up at a screen instead of watching the action.

They aren't allowed to show replays of contentious issues if you meant re-watch it.

• Come on lads. 4-4?

• There’s still goals in us.

• @drcongo said:
    Fuck this. What is the point in watching a sport where the score line is entirely arbitrarily decided by the ref. I’m off to do something useful with my afternoon.

Totally agree. Fat finger hit down thumb. Sorry.

• @Chris said:
    If Uche plays like this and stays fit we might just stay up yet.

Not if the referees have anything to do with it.

• I can’t understand how that’s a pen. I’ve never seen anything like it in 30 years watching the Chairboys.

• @Malone said:

@CyprusSwan said:
    The ref even has screens above him. Just glance above ffs

I think I'd be more worried if a ref was staring up at a screen instead of watching the action.

They aren't allowed to show replays of contentious issues if you meant re-watch it.

Yeah, wouldn't want to incite the erm..crowd.

• Elbow in the neck, right in front of the linesman

• @floyd said:
    Elbow in the neck, right in front of the linesman

Unbelievable miss.

• Linesman standing around like a complete plum. Ref continuing his lengthy chats. Is it worth sacrificing someone to chin him?

• @floyd said:
    Elbow in the neck, right in front of the linesman

Completely agree. Not necessarily intended but a clear foul eighth in front of the lino. As bad as our defence has been today - and I’d assert that’s the reason we’re losing - the officiating has been terrible. I really cannot think how he gave that penalty. I just cannot.

• @floyd said:
    I’m trying to think of a worse decision given against us. I can’t think of one at the moment.

Plenty this season. JJ having corners disallowed. The bullshit free kick v Norwich. Too many to think of

• Are all the subs injured too?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@floyd said:
    I’m trying to think of a worse decision given against us. I can’t think of one at the moment.

Plenty this season. JJ having corners disallowed. The bullshit free kick v Norwich. Too many to think of

Nothing as flagrantly, openly wrong as that one.

• Oh the linesman saw that one. Brentford a right set of cheats. Embarrassing.

• Yeh, not often Phil sounds so worked up.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@floyd said:

The fk against Norwich was close, but this was worse.

• Odds on Bayo conceding ten free kicks in fifteen minutes here?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Linesman standing around like a complete plum. Ref continuing his lengthy chats. Is it worth sacrificing someone to chin him?

Must be very tempting.

• First time Bayo gets near the ball the ref will blow up and have a chat with him.

• As a neutral I've always liked Brentford but they're really showing themselves up to be a disgraceful bunch of cheats, helped by a totally inept referee - one of many this season. Maybe that's what you have to become to establish yourselves in this league.

• @HCblue said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@floyd said:

Nothing as flagrantly, openly wrong as that one.

The Norwich decision was even worse, as their guy actually fouled our man, yet got the free kick.
    Just that a pen is more final than a free kick usually.

• edited January 2021

@micra said:

@arnos_grove said:
    Linesman standing around like a complete plum. Ref continuing his lengthy chats. Is it worth sacrificing someone to chin him?

Must be very tempting.

Must be bad, seeing how your normally mild nature has morphed into really riled today.

• McCarthy not good enough

• Unfair scoreline now.

• bugger MCCarthy completely exposed at left back again

• @HCblue said:
    McCarthy not good enough

At left back, hence signing Obita.

• Our makeshift defence has certainly looked makeshift today.

• I suspected a loss but this is disheartening. I know they would probably still get four...but that penalty decison was absolutely shameful.