Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford

Comments

• Did Phil really say he’d no cover from the rain?

• @drcongo said:
    This ref has small man syndrome.

and Shit ref syndrome

• @Shev said:
    I am just relieved we shipped out Freeman so that we don't have to worry about having too many creative options.

Can only get on the bench for Orient today!

• @drcongo said:

Lord alone knows what he’ll do when Bayo comes on then.

• @micra said:
    Did Phil really say he’d no cover from the rain?

One of the knocks I’ve heard about the new stadium is how poor the cover is.

• That’s an appalling decision.

• This ref can get in the sea.

• I know eric will not like it but not impressed with the ref.

• He’s atrocious. Lengthy chats with players after every free kick. And he’s giving plenty to Brentford.

• THE ADMIRAL!

• Lol, their defence is as bad as ours, let's have it.

• One of the best teams in the league and we are still in it. Great stuff.

• Think Wheels deserved the yellow, but it was a great tackle.

• Fred having a very involved game. And we are the better for it

• I was just thinking I feel less confident about set pieces when JJ is out...and that happens!??

• Great game so far, I'd be tempted to bring Stewart on for Charles with the pace they have... ref doing all he can to ruin it what a twat

• @Wendoverman said:
    One of the best teams in the league and we are still in it. Great stuff.

That's sometimes the issue with the position we're in. Every game seems 'must win' but sometimes you're playing really good sides like Brentford. And once again, we're more than in it.

• @micra said:
    Some people seem to be seriously underestimating Alex Pattison.

I'd say people are exactly spot on with him.
    Nothing against a clearly nice guy, but not everyone can be championship level.

• @drcongo said:

When he was ticking Uche off it was literally a head and shoulders shorter job.

• Adeniran and Thompson has got to be the best midfield pairing in the squad, I'm sorry for Pattison that it took an injury before the match to show that but Adeniran and Thompson have kept us in this and shown some great belligerence in the attacking third.

I love this front three, it's so good to see Fred play with confidence again and that must partly be down to playing alongside Uche.

Charles lost his man for the opening goal and is always going to be a yard off the pace. McCarthy obviously only a stand in for this match. But other than those two we have an 11 that can compete with any team in this division.

• Also a word for @bluntphil doing an excellent solo job...sounding almost neutral?

• Uche reminds me of Cyrille Regis

• Battled a few negative feelings after both of their goals, but we've done marvellously to get our goals, and they weren't lucky by any means.

Muskwe with a great run earlier, and tidy finish. Glad Charles made up for letting their guy score the first with a good header across the box too.

Uche is certainly better than I'd hoped for.

Roll on an improbable away win!

• Give the guy a chance @Malone !
    I’ve no idea what kind of a guy he is but I know potential when I see it.

• Uche, Fred and Admiral already seem to have a good understanding of each other. Fred seems to be playing a bit more of a 10 today, its nice to see Gaz give him the trust to play in the middle and I think he deserves it he's always very diligent with his defensive work.

• Great header to set up The Admiral from Darius.

• Fred has done well. Deserves a goal.

• @micra said:
    Give the guy a chance @Malone !
    I’ve no idea what kind of a guy he is but I know potential when I see it.

He'll do very well to stay on next season. Last year he had the appearances contractual agreement, otherwise I think he'd have been gone then.

• Awful defending. What are we doing?

• Very poor. We all stopped to look at the ref while they got on with it.