Skip to content

Match day thread: QPR

18910111214»

Comments

• Post of the year @Shev. Your reasoning makes perfect sense and is warmly reassuring at a troubled time.

• Thanks @micra. I would also add that GA needs a club with a history of loyalty, as it would take time to shape the character of the side. He would not walk up to QPR, wave a magic wand, and have a squad full of unified players. For that reason, Blackburn are the potential bigger threat eventually, as they have stuck with Tony Mowbray for quite a while despite not sniffing the PL in that time. Even counting the Harrogate chap, he is the 11th longest serving in the four divisions at almost four years. But with Blackburn, GA would have to move the family.

• edited December 2020

I would be amazed if he turned down Blackburn. That's his team (well, we are, but you know what I mean).

• Having now seen every team in the Championship, I would suggest that Birmingham should be added to the list of teams that could be struggling near the bottom.

• edited December 2020

Yep, they're looking really poor at the moment. Not got the defensive solidity you'd expect from a Karanka team.

• Bristol has just gone into Tier 3 from Saturday so we'll be playing in an empty stadium there now. Up till this point it was going to be the only game staged in the top two divisions with fans - every other ground on Saturday was already either in Tier 3 or 4.

• Aren't Liverpool and Everton the only two allowed fans now?

• Qatar are getting them in

• @LX1 said:
    Qatar are getting them in

I think that's just the surviving immigrant slave labour builders applying the finishing touches to the stadiums...and being charged the price of a ticket for the privilege.

• Do we think the fact that the sack is not (I assume anyway) dangling over Gareth's head help us (squad cohesion, continuity and all that) where it might be in the back of the minds of some of the managers/players around us?