Skip to content

Match day thread: Preston

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Gareth said he hopes to have Stewart back on Wednesday.

Doesn't sound good then

• Rare that he makes public statements about injuries - especially with a timescale on

• I did wonder if Stewart’s injury might have been a dead leg although doesn’t that normally mean a week out?

• It definitely wasn’t a dead leg. Looked like tweaked knee ligaments. A couple of weeks out minimum I’d wager.

• Latest rumour I overheard, whilst munching a scotch egg in a Marlow bistro, was that William was ahead of Charles in the pecking order.

• I hope God fancies a Wycombe win on Wednesday.

• Yes @Quarterman. I’ve since heard about the tweaked knee and Gareth’s “hope”, shared by all of us, that Stewart will be ok for Barnsley. Failing that (and drawing a veil over the own goal incident) I’d be fairly relaxed about having to play the back four that finished the Preston game.

• Anyone think Burley could be given a chance?

Gareth said he hopes to have Stewart back on Wednesday.

Superb!

• And agreed Gareth never puts out a specific date hope for a player.
    It's usually all "close" and very vague stuff like that.

Uche will be close for a month or so when we next hear about him I'm sure.

• At least Uche is back doing fairly intense-looking stuff in the gym (always worth keeping an eye on Bayo's Instagram story, about the only reason I have the app).

• And Uche himself has just posted what looks like a post-workout pic - muddy boots are a good sign!

And Uche himself has just posted what looks like a post-workout pic - muddy boots are a good sign!

I really hope the wait and hoping are worth it on Uche. No reason for believing otherwise but I always wonder why some players sometimes seem more important when they aren't in the squad.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    And Uche himself has just posted what looks like a post-workout pic - muddy boots are a good sign!

I really hope the wait and hoping are worth it on Uche. No reason for believing otherwise but I always wonder why some players sometimes seem more important when they aren't in the squad.

Uche’s important because he was brought in to replace our most significant player of the last four seasons.

• Yes...a more mobile Bayo was the hope...now we have to cling on to our position in the mix so his 20 goals later on will see us safe!

• I'll be surprised if we see Stewart before Boxing Day at the earliest. I attach zero value to GA saying he's hopeful he'll be back for Wednesday. He's well aware how big a blow this is and naturally wants to play it down.

• @floyd said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Uche’s important because he was brought in to replace our most significant player of the last four seasons.

He should give us the option to play a one-striker system with three of McCleary/Horgan/Fred/Wheeler/Kashket behind as well. Excited to see him get some proper game time, can't be easy to find a rhythm and make an impact with the odd sub appearance either side of an injury.

• @chairboyscentral - Do you know if we've had the go ahead to have 2,000 next Saturday?

I thought the club might have sent out an email today to get people selected and booking up. But I suppose as long as it's tomorrow there's no rush?

Both moot points if we haven't got the valid permission yet?

• @Malone Was just thinking about that myself. Haven't seen or heard anything though!

• When did you renew @Malone?

• Really could do with a Bielsa type person to park themselves in the bushes on lane end road to give us injury updates as sure as he'll Gaz won't!

• @bigred87 said:
    When did you renew @Malone?

Second day. Scraped into the second wave for Wednesday's game.

How's about you? Did you get in for midweek, did you want to?

• edited December 2020

@Aylesburyblue said:
    Really could do with a Bielsa type person to park themselves in the bushes on lane end road to give us injury updates as sure as he'll Gaz won't!

The thing is, like I found the other day when I tweaked my back, you can look like you're perfectly ok doing a moderate activity like jogging or walking- but doing anything much more intense can be an absolute no-no for a fair while.

• Im afraid to say i renewed the day before the final... be very surprised if im in the top 2000

• @bigred87 said:
    Im afraid to say i renewed the day before the final... be very surprised if im in the top 2000

No chance in the first round of offering it out, but every chance enough people swerve it to give you a chance.

At least you're in the mix. Anyone without a sth will be lucky to get anywhere near this season. Especially if Wycombe choose to cap at 2400 even if we go to tier 1 which could easily happen.

• I really hope i get in this season....

• @Malone said:

@bigred87 said:
    Im afraid to say i renewed the day before the final... be very surprised if im in the top 2000

Especially if Wycombe choose to cap at 2400 even if we go to tier 1 which could easily happen.

Always good to see an optimist on here

• @bookertease said:

@Malone said:

@bigred87 said:

Especially if Wycombe choose to capat 2400 even if we go to tier 1 which could easily happen.

Always good to see an optimist on here

You can cut that crap right out son. I always thought we'd get in this season. Many almost smugly stuck to the view we wouldn't.

• Sorry @Malone just jesting. I actually thought most of us were expecting to see football at some stage, although I must admit @aloysius’s arguments did make me doubt it for a bit.

I’d be surprised if there is any early easing to Tier 1 in Bucks owing to the likely Christmas Covid boom and hangover (unless BJ needs a Brexit distraction) but my prediction is that the Tier system will be dismantled on the anniversary of the first lockdown and it will be pretty much be every man, woman, child, business and football club for themselves, so we’ll be able to fill Adams Park to the rafters for the final few games of our great escape from relegation

• @bookertease. I hoped your tag wasn't proving my worsening memory wrong by finding a quote where I'd doubted it :)

Let's hope it's without doubt safe enough for everyone to get in asap.
    While trifling in the scheme of life and the current scenario, it would be pretty cruel in a sporting perspective for us to spent a mere season in this division and so few get to witness it!