Skip to content

Match day thread: Derby

Comments

• Big 10 minutes now

• Get in Bloomers!

• Fred making the difference again. How he’s not an automatic starter I have no idea.

• Get in! If you believe in such things I’d just put on a Christmas hat when that happened.

• Huge 10 minutes... come on boys!!

• @drcongo said:
    Fred making the difference again. How he’s not an automatic starter I have no idea.

Because he’s not shown much in the starts he’s been given. Been good in sub appearances, here and v Wednesday.

• Blooms continues his trend of scoring in every season!

• 18 straight seasons Matt has scored for us. Hats off Sir Matt

• McCleary does always look lethargic though. You want him to cut in and drive more

• That’s why McCleary is on.

• That was less lethargic

• Lethargic, toothless.

• Blooms you legend!!! ? @Wanderers82 - hello again, I see that Swindon have just equalised against your lot in your ‘proper derby’ this afternoon - brilliant!

• Come on. We can win this

• @Chris said:
    Lethargic, toothless.

This was always going to happen. I posted it to spur him on

• Have we got any midfielders left at this point?

• @peterparrotface said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    we simply look toothless ....could be the all time lowest scorers in championship history

You should claim an assist for that one

gladly lol

• Bad news this, Blooms has only just stopped wearing his concussion band.

• Disappointing result but will take the point, I suppose.

• Looked like a deliberate revenge attack on Blooms.

• Sounds like Bayo coming on really changed that. Thought his days were done because he had a bad game on Tuesday. Obviously that was never the case. Same theory holds for Bloomfield

• edited November 2020

Decent point all things considered, still in touch with the sides above, but we need a serious rethink in terms of approach after that shitshow of a first half.

• Why Wycombe are so great under Ainsworth - gone from playing awfully, lucky not to be 2 or 3 down to being disappointed we haven’t won.

The never say die attitude is amazing.

• That said, Bayo will start on Wednesday.

• Akinfenwa really does make all the difference.

• Great point in the end, we looked clueless in the first half amd almost nicked it at the end. Well done boy's and thank you Matty

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Sounds like Bayo coming on really changed that. Thought his days were done because he had a bad game on Tuesday. Obviously that was never the case. Same theory holds for Bloomfield

Part masterstroke, part plan B not working at all, revert to plan A but well done to him for making the early change. Got to be proud of the comeback, centimetres away from all 3.

• For all that changed with Bayo and Blooms, Rocky earned that point for us. Great performance and not the first time this season

• In the circumstances that's a good point. Thompson injured, one down, looking clueless and we've rescued a point.

Someone was spot on earlier saying we simply don't have the class up front to go in a different direction to the Bayo way.
    Such a strange equaliser. High foot from their defender, odd from the keeper and almost slow mo as Blooms scored and you were almost expecting it to be ruled out for something.

If only that McCleary strike had gone in!!

Roll on hopefully being there live on Wednesday now!

• That is why every point should be treasured because Derby will undoubtedly, and with some justification, feel that was a game they should have won. Our spirit is unquenchable.