Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• No way we’re signing players on three year deals.

• Another Hull City midfielder to look at could be Jackson Irvine

• Another decent goalie, cover for all the defenders, another striker possibly, but how many players do we think we need for the next campaign?

• @floyd said:
    No way we’re signing players on three year deals.

We signed David Wheeler on a 3 year deal and Fred.

Of course we will, with a relegation clause inserted.

• @floyd said:

I suspect, being rated by Liverpool but deciding to leave to get games, he is seen as a jewel to be polished that might be worth a bob or two if he comes good?

• I wouldn't give too much credence to what @TransferCentre9 has to say tbh.

• @floyd said:

No way we're signing players on three years deals on "championship wages" maybe.
    But 3 years itself certainly isn't an outrageous stretch.

• Reading a few bits about, he sounds like a perfect GA signing! Hard worker, first in training, vegan! Had confidence issues, was completely out of favour at Hull for a while, playing U23 football. Fought his way back and was described as being the heartbeat of the team by McCann when he was the manager there.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Reading a few bits about, he sounds like a perfect GA signing! Hard worker, first in training, vegan! Had confidence issues, was completely out of favour at Hull for a while, playing U23 football. Fought his way back and was described as being the heartbeat of the team by McCann when he was the manager there.

You've got to have some talent about you to get 20 appearances for Liverpool. So let's see if this one pans out.

• Fair points, i should have said 'no way we're signing players on the sort of wages he'll want on three year deals.'

• 3k a week?

• In 2017 he was signed by Hull for 8 million from Liverpool, including add ons.

He is a 110% player in the Ainsworth mould but has a serious engine on him and over 6ft. Recently ran sub 16 minutes 50 seconds for a 5k in lockdown.

Played in all of Hulls games since the season restarted, only playing one full game. Released last week at the end of his contract.

Just the type of player Ainsworth will be looking at and one he can mould.

Could have legs???

• @wwfcblue said:
    In 2017 he was signed by Hull for 8 million from Liverpool, including add ons.

He is a 110% player in the Ainsworth mould but has a serious engine on him and over 6ft. Recently ran sub 16 minutes 50 seconds for a 5k in lockdown.

Played in all of Hulls games since the season restarted, only playing one full game. Released last week at the end of his contract.

Just the type of player Ainsworth will be looking at and one he can mould.

Could have legs???

Seems he did 1 lap short on his track 5k - and would have been 16.51 pro rata IF he'd completed it. No idea if it was a "Ross Barkley" job, ie stopping the watch and doing it as reps :)

But more importantly, where did you find 8m? I can find references to 4m.

Either way, if we're getting a player who has gone for 4m in the past that's pretty superb!

• edited July 2020

Here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-robertson-klopp-summer-signing-13361479.amp

Hes got the attributes of a Wycombe player in his locker. If Dobbo thinks he’s got the right attitude then this could be a good fit for us and him.

Great times to be a Wycombe fan!

• @wwfcblue said:
    Here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-robertson-klopp-summer-signing-13361479.amp

Hes got the attributes of a Wycombe player in his locker. If Dobbo thinks he’s got the right attitude then this could be a good fit for us and him.

Great times to be a Wycombe fan!

Ah, "after add ons". Which presumably didn't come close to being met, explaining the 4m mentions everywhere else?

But either way, agree! If true, we should probably say still!

• If there is one thing we can be certain of...most signings will be a surprise/unexpected!

• Gaz spotted at Beaconsfield services last night on the phone...this is a done deal surely?

• @wwfcblue if he ran a sub 17 minute 5k, it's a fair bet he has legs!

Seriously though I'd expect that, with appropriate relegation and promotion clauses in the contract, 3 year deals may be the way to attract the calibre of players we might need.
    We won't be able to match other teams on basic salary but there is a lot to be said for getting a little job security, especially in the current circumstance. Out of contract players will be very aware of that.
    We already know that if GA and Dobbo think they are the right fit for the squad then there is probably very little risk of signing a dud. So why not offer a 3 year contract for the right player?
    Other clubs may not be doing it, but I just don't buy this "There's no way we're offering a 3 year deal".

• edited July 2020

We've offered a few 3 year deal recently, so the length isn't any shock. More a sign that a player will be in Gaz's eyes a superb aquisition. Like Fred, Wheeler, Kashket etc

@Twizz covers well the fear of it being at championship wages/.

I just read that the average championship wage is about 7k a week,so we won't be offering anyone anything near championship wages anyway.

The other good point, someone once mentioned, is that out of contract players can always agree a deal. Basically, their income currently is 0, so even our more humble offering is a great step up!

• You're all discussing something generated by a bot.

• edited July 2020

@drcongo said:
    You're all discussing something generated by a bot.

the usual Gasroom summer...all we are missing is richiemu saying 'you joking? He won;t come to a shit team like this...' or something similar.

• Good calibre of player if it’s true, definitely fits the Ainsworth mould but won’t believe it until it’s across the line. Exactly the type of player we should be targeting though, and hopefully we’re looking at players that have had extensive championship experience, have potential resell value and would be considered an upgrade to our current squad.

• I have no idea how varied individual pay rates are within our present squad (and significant variations are potentially divisive and destabilising of course ) but if someone like Alfie Mawson became available, even for substantially more money than most, if not all, of his team mates, I wonder if the Couhigs might regard two or three such signings as being worth the investment if they were persuaded that the chances of staying up (arguably vital from a business point of view) would be much improved as a result?

• strewth, @micra . Mawson is reckoned to have cost £20m; what do you suppose Fulham are paying him?

You'll be threatening to rip up your season ticket next, unless we sign a "20-goal-a-season striker". I really hope they aren't thinking any such thing.

Leave that kind of talk to the hotheaded young folk, eh?

• @micra was hot-headed a couple of weeks ago but he's had his hair cut now so back to Mr Cool!

• This may be the best season to go up from an available players perspective, though the worst from a fans-in-stadiums perspective. There are going to be some significant talent available in our price range (a farthing and two packets of crisps).

• @micra is one of the wilder reckless posters in fairness ;)

Mawson would only be any sort of even pipe dream, if Fulham get promoted, sign a tonne of fancy players, and he's suddenly out of the picture.
    And even then only some sort of short loan perhaps.

• This is pure speculation, but I wonder if we’re looking at pursuing Danny Loader who’s been released from Reading. Ex-Wycombe academy prospect and also an England youth international. Still only 19, but surely worth a look?

• edited July 2020

He's about to sign for Porto reportedly. He left Reading because he didn't want to sign a new contract, not because they didn't want him. Could be a very good player one day.

• Wasn’t Loader originally in our academy?