Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• I learned my lesson after slagging off the signing of Bayo - never doubt Ainsworth and Dobbo.

• Hearts fans saying he started off really well then got injured and didn't get fully back up and running. Only thing I remember about him from Cambridge is he's a bit of a diver (see the Eze game).

• For the record, I personally didnt mean he looked a dodgy signing ! I hope he joins and scores 20 plus... just couldn't help looking at the comments

• @chairboyscentral - a players career stats is not exactly a 30 second judgement. Apart from his time at Cambridge, he has not been a prolific goal scorer. Fact.

• Apparently he has an extremely good engine, so pairing him with Alex Samuel would certainly keep opposition defenders busy!

• @davecz said:
    @chairboyscentral - a players career stats is not exactly a 30 second judgement. Apart from his time at Cambridge, he has not been a prolific goal scorer. Fact.

Dismal

• @davecz said:
    @chairboyscentral - a players career stats is not exactly a 30 second judgement. Apart from his time at Cambridge, he has not been a prolific goal scorer. Fact.

Surely going off stats alone is exactly that, a 30 second judgement.

And was he actually prolific at Cambridge?

Let's see if we actually have signed him first, then see how he plays for us.

• My> @drcongo said:

I learned my lesson after slagging off the signing of Bayo - never doubt Ainsworth and Dobbo.

Exactly.....

• When I say a Watford loanee was enthusing about him, it was actually Luke O'Nien, I now recall. Which makes sense, as they would have been Vicarage Road contemporaries.

• When was the last time the Gasroom leapt out of its chair at an Ainsworth era signing? More often than not scratched head, looked at google and gone hmmmm, perhaps. The fact is stats aside...it all depends how they play for us...and we have to trust Gaz and Dobbo think he can do a good job for us!

• Bearing in mind we have a development coach who has newly come over from Reading this probably goes deeper than his stats. Believe

• Watching his highlights reel to refresh my memory as it's been a couple of years since I've seen him play. He's got attributes of both Bayo and Samuel - great physical presence and a right handful in the air but mobile, runs the channels and links the play well. Not just a target man. Seems to do most of his work outside the box, always on the move and looking for options around him, not afraid to try a slightly audacious flick here and there. If he does keep it himself, he's more reliant on his pace and power than skill - looks a bit ungainly in possession, but find me a player of that build who doesn't - and uses that to good effect to drive into the box if he receives the ball just outside. Obviously can't build up a full picture just off some clips (it's also hard to assess the Scottish Premiership quality-wise as I don't really watch it - what would its equivalent division/level in England be?), but I can see the qualities that Gaz and Dobbo would like.

IF we sign him, I'll be interested to see whether we go with a real load share in the CF position again and look more to the wide players for the bulk of the goals (I keep forgetting Fred missed the majority of last season - he could have got around the 15 mark had he been fit for all of it!) or whether we bring in a real goal-getter.

• He looks a handful.... 98kg according to that 17min video!!! Imagine bayo coaching him into full beast mode!!!!!

• 6ft 3.5 too, when Bayo is 5ft 10 is it?

So an absolute beast

• Part of me wonders if we will go for a mixture of permanent signings who will not break the bank if we go back down, with the loanees being the really top notch talent? It is certainly going to be a tough balancing act. Either way, GA almost always coaches players to the maximum of their potential.

• @Shev said:
    Part of me wonders if we will go for a mixture of permanent signings who will not break the bank if we go back down, with the loanees being the really top notch talent? It is certainly going to be a tough balancing act. Either way, GA almost always coaches players to the maximum of their potential.

Exactly that, want a squad that gives us a chance of staying up but we'll be able to keep together if we go straight back down.

• GA obviously sees something to pay a fee for him...

In GA we trust.

• Clearly GA sees more in him than the Hearts supporters, who cannot wait to get rid of him. Let’s hope GA is right.

• @davecz said:
    Clearly GA sees more in him than the Hearts supporters, who cannot wait to get rid of him. Let’s hope GA is right.

Many fans are fickle clowns. Hero one week, villain the next.

We'll no doubt see the dust blown off the Bayo/Bloomy/Gaz not being up to it threads if we lose a game early on.

• Hearts are broken. The Chairboys will mend.

• According to the ever reliable Wikipedia,
    Uche is a mere 6’3”. Where did you discover that additional half inch young @Malone? And the photo at Crewe Alexandra (admittedly 6 years ago) shows a fairly lean figure - more in line with the 12 stone 2 lb (78kg) quoted in Wikipedia. Not quite beast mode.

• Uche was only 19 six years ago @micra. I suspect Bayo at 19 was only relatively a "baby beast".

• @mooneyman said:
    Uche was only 19 six years ago @micra. I suspect Bayo at 19 was only relatively a "baby beast".

I like the idea of having Beast and Baby Beast in the squad. Like Godzilla and Godzooki.

• I hope you’re right @mooneyman. I was disappointed when I saw that picture.
    Filled out a fair bit in the meantime no doubt.

• Reading the Hearts forum, there's actually a fair number of complimentary comments on Uche. Seems an injury whilst on good form and a change of role for him with the new manager led to a loss of form.

Did well in the big games (Hibs/Celtic) but then struggled against lesser opposition.

Plenty of fans glad he's gone, but also a fair number who were sorry to see him leaving. Certainly a greater range of opinion than seen on Twitter/Facebook.

• Stephen Henderson, Ex-Forest keeper who played three games on loan for Wycombe in 2018 looks to have been released by Crystal Palace. Plenty of Championship experience and could be a good signing for us.

• Interesting that Rob Couhig just liked a tweet regarding Wycombe signing Ikpeazu. What a great signing that would be.

• @our_frank said:
    When I say a Watford loanee was enthusing about him, it was actually Luke O'Nien, I now recall. Which makes sense, as they would have been Vicarage Road contemporaries.

The same Luke O'Nien that recommended JGS?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@our_frank said:
    When I say a Watford loanee was enthusing about him, it was actually Luke O'Nien, I now recall. Which makes sense, as they would have been Vicarage Road contemporaries.

The same Luke O'Nien that recommended JGS?

Can't think of another Luke O'Nien. What are you trying to point out?