Skip to content

Season Ticket Info - Pricing out tomorrow

Comments

• I know someone who lent his Premier League season to a ‘pal’ who happened to be seen wearing an opposition replica shirt underneath his coat. Pal was ejected and season ticket holder banned with no refund and now at the bottom of a waiting list for another ?

In the overall scheme of things I pay vastly more than the cost of my season ticket over the year so renewed without hesitation. I live an hour and a half drive away so petrol costs, a fiver to park, food and beers etc. Also 100% away this season and whether it is £30 rather than £20 to get into a ground I still go. The outlay for the season ticket is always painful (more so this time) but I get a huge amount of pleasure plus occasionally benefit in the event of a priority window.

I know I am lucky to have the cash to shell out but if I’m honest I would pay whatever the price was to watch my team live every week. Really feel for those that genuinely find this unaffordable.

• @Onlooker said:
    I know someone who lent his Premier League season to a ‘pal’ who happened to be seen wearing an opposition replica shirt underneath his coat. Pal was ejected and season ticket holder banned with no refund and now at the bottom of a waiting list for another ?

In the overall scheme of things I pay vastly more than the cost of my season ticket over the year so renewed without hesitation. I live an hour and a half drive away so petrol costs, a fiver to park, food and beers etc. Also 100% away this season and whether it is £30 rather than £20 to get into a ground I still go. The outlay for the season ticket is always painful (more so this time) but I get a huge amount of pleasure plus occasionally benefit in the event of a priority window.

I know I am lucky to have the cash to shell out but if I’m honest I would pay whatever the price was to watch my team live every week. Really feel for those that genuinely find this unaffordable.

Good post - same for me with the STH at least - i'm a locked in Wycombe-ite. Aways I find are more of a habit that peaked for me about 5-6 years ago well into double figures. But back then I had a gang of potential options to go with and literally all have dropped away now so now it's perhaps 2-3 a season.

There are always those who can't afford the ticket up front whether it's £100 for the terrace or £500 now for seating, so some will unfortunately always miss out.

• edited June 2020

Sounds like there will no longer be physical season ticket cards as standard (QR codes instead) but you'll have the option if you want one. About time really.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Sounds like there will no longer be physical season ticket cards as standard (QR codes instead) but you'll have the option if you want one. About time really.

I'm comfy with saving the planet and having paper tickets / phone ones for odd games, but one tiny bit of plastic for a whole year doesn't strike me as too big a deal in the scheme of things.
    Not when the club are dishing out 1,000s of plastic bottles each game.

• Sounds like it's part of a commitment to reducing plastic usage in general. Obviously the single-use stuff is a bigger issue, but I guess season tickets were very easy to 'fix'.

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I'm comfy with saving the planet and having paper tickets / phone ones for odd games, but one tiny bit of plastic for a whole year doesn't strike me as too big a deal in the scheme of things.

I never got issued with actual tickets last year. I used a picture of the email confirmation on my phone for each one and never head any trouble.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I never got issued with actual tickets last year. I used a picture of the email confirmation on my phone for each one and never head any trouble.

In fairness, in the Frank Adams, more often than not the kids didn't have the scanners working, they just looked at the ticket, so i guess any old iron is ok.

Though the club might want to watch that to prevent someone just printing a few off or emailing them on!

• It’s been possible to print multiple copies of the same ticket all season in the FA - lad just rips each one slightly ?

• @Onlooker said:
    It’s been possible to print multiple copies of the same ticket all season in the FA - lad just rips each one slightly ?

I first noticed this massive security flaw for some checkatrade cup game where you almost had to force the kid in the booth to even look at the paper, let alone do anything with it!
    But not as critical for that game.

When we end up with 8,000 in the first game, despite only 2,000 being issued tickets they might notice!

• The oft-touted fibre WiFi will no doubt make the scanners operational. I bet there’s been all sorts of scamming going on there.

• I think I still want a ticket. Not a big truster of mobile technology.

Wonder how much it will cost to get a plastic card?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I think I still want a ticket. Not a big truster of mobile technology.

Wonder how much it will cost to get a plastic card?

Makes it easier to let someone go on your ticket if it's just an emailable job.
    Though obviously noone is condoning that.

• Don’t know how to gage the responses... as in if people our taking the piss or not...

But if I paid for a season ticket then what I done with it each game is up to me.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Don’t know how to gage the responses... as in if people our taking the piss or not...

But if I paid for a season ticket then what I done with it each game is up to me.

Will say in the terms it's non transferable.
    Gotta follow the rules. Always.

• What @Malone says. Always. M’Lord

• The club would make a very big mistake if they made season tickets non-transferable, and enforced it. It's not worth the bad feeling it would cause and why have one less at the match, not spending on food and drink, let alone cheering on the team?

I know Michael Davies regarded them as non-transferable, even though it was not enforced in my experience, but a previous Commercial Manager, Karen Murphy, told me they definitely are transferable, long time ago though that was.

I would hope that, if the Club does declare them as non-transferable, that the Trust steps in and common sense prevails.

• No club really minds as long as it's on a "passing for free" basis to a friend and done discreetly.

It's when payment takes place or it's done publicly it starts getting into difficulties.

• @Malone said:
    No club really minds as long as it's on a "passing for free" basis to a friend and done discreetly.

It's when payment takes place or it's done publicly it starts getting into difficulties.

I agree. The T's & C's have to say non transfe.rable so the club can act if they are sold on for money. I would be really disappointed if that meant not being able to loan it to a friend for a match if you can't go.

• I think the club are pretty decent about it. Times when my parents haven't been able to go, the office has given them paper tickets to pass on to friends.

• This is a really stupid one to persue , like ringing someone up for authority to go through an open door. Of course they'll say it's non-transferable, they don't want people bidding for a days use on eBay as a first option rather than buying a ticket but in reality it won't be enforced if you want to give a ticket to one mate or son rather than an other when someone can't use one, have you ever been asked for accompanying ID? Move along, nothing to see here.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    This is a really stupid one to persue , like ringing someone up for authority to go through an open door. Of course they'll say it's non-transferable, they don't want people bidding for a days use on eBay as a first option rather than buying a ticket but in reality it won't be enforced if you want to give a ticket to one mate or son rather than an other when someone can't use one, have you ever been asked for accompanying ID? Move along, nothing to see here.

Correct, it’s the same situation at most clubs and even for the posh hospitality seats at Wembley that cost an absolute fortune.

• I wonder sometimes if there are any other people out there who, like me, still don't have a smart 'phone.

• Wouldn’t have thought so @Cyclops. It’s five years since I tried to encourage you to get one! I think arms and legs came into your response! Cut out that third pint and you’d be home and dry. Well, almost.

• But there are a lot of people out there who like you. Good (and necessary!) use of commas on your part!
    Hope you’re keeping well.

• @Cyclops said:
    I wonder sometimes if there are any other people out there who, like me, still don't have a smart 'phone.

Under 60 id imagine there can't be many who don't.

The club will always have ways round it though.
    I for one can't always guarantee id have enough charge, so i'd never go to a game without a physical ticket. Even if it's just a print out job.

• Just remembered that an AP steward did once try to stop my guest going in on a borrowed season ticket, a few years ago. He was very awkward and overbearing, he made me feel that I was doing something wrong, but I insisted that I was in the right and he eventually gave in. I made an official complaint and got an apology from the club. He is still working at the club, he looks at me warily when we meet.

• It's a QR code that downlads as a ticket in a pass app, Apple hve their own, android you can download one, but it's basically just a picture, would have thought a basic printout would work or they can print in on a card for anyone who wants one.

• @Steve_Peart how did the steward ever get involved? They don't usually go anywhere near tickets?

• @Malone, I've been a Woodlands Lounger for many years now, seated directly outside, so had to go in through the Exec boxes entrance where he was stationed. These days we go in via the back door to the bar.

• I’m sure the condition will not have been enforced. As an aside, I have lent mine to a friend over the last few years, when I could not go. He became a season ticket holder in his own right two seasons’ ago. We then did the same to another friend who has enjoyed it so much this season (including buying many day tickets) that he is proposing to give up his Spurs season ticket and buy one for the mighty Blues, as soon as he is able to do so.