Skip to content

Season Ticket Info - Pricing out tomorrow

14567810»

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle @aloysius Interesting stuff on playing budget. For years we've been running at a loss which structurally seems to be about £600k, albeit tempered in some years by player sales or cup runs. Indeed, I think RC mentioned that figure yesterday as being the kind of additional revenue we have to generate.

But generating that sort of additional sum would only allow us to stand still, wouldn't it? As I see it, we'd be doing well to plug that gap, but if we did, there would not be any more to spend on players, otherwise we are losing money again and falling short of the "sustainability" goal again.

It's hard, but it's why I've been dubious throughout as to what would make us sustainable other than playing in the Championship with a League One playing budget, which is unlikely to keep Gareth or many of the fans happy.

There might be sufficient chaos in the current crisis to change the fundamental economics of football - all that talk of smaller squads and wage caps - but short of that, I'm not sure what the way to sustainability is. And I think that talk of significantly enhanced playing budgets, reserves, youth set-ups and the like seem incompatible with that sustainability. Even without a global health crisis.

• I think it was the chief exec of QPR who said last week that next season will be a race to see who runs out of money first.

• @our_frank said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle @aloysius Interesting stuff on playing budget. For years we've been running at a loss which structurally seems to be about £600k, albeit tempered in some years by player sales or cup runs. Indeed, I think RC mentioned that figure yesterday as being the kind of additional revenue we have to generate.

But generating that sort of additional sum would only allow us to stand still, wouldn't it? As I see it, we'd be doing well to plug that gap, but if we did, there would not be any more to spend on players, otherwise we are losing money again and falling short of the "sustainability" goal again.

It's hard, but it's why I've been dubious throughout as to what would make us sustainable other than playing in the Championship with a League One playing budget, which is unlikely to keep Gareth or many of the fans happy.

There might be sufficient chaos in the current crisis to change the fundamental economics of football - all that talk of smaller squads and wage caps - but short of that, I'm not sure what the way to sustainability is. And I think that talk of significantly enhanced playing budgets, reserves, youth set-ups and the like seem incompatible with that sustainability. Even without a global health crisis.

I don't disagree with anything you say but I was talking about Couhig's talk of improving the match day experience. With a finite fund does giving the team the best chance create better matchday footfall than the a better matchday experience.
    Probably it's balance of getting the off field stuff back to a base level and adding a key player or two.

• Interesting post from @our_frank and great that he is one of the few who don’t feel the need to copy down the often lengthy and recent/immediately preceding posts on which they are commenting. I know it can sometimes prevent the need for the irksome task of scrolling back but, and I may well be wrong here, I worry that it is clogging up/slowing down my machine.

I am a total innocent abroad in these matters but does the fact that (as far as I know) I cannot delete any of the enormous volume (tonneloads @Malone) of Gasroom 2 material stored in my phone mean that it is slowing it down or in other ways impairing its efficiency, capacity or even battery life?

• Nah, you're quite safe there @micra

• @micra said: I know it can sometimes prevent the need for the irksome task of scrolling back but, and I may well be wrong here, I worry that it is clogging up/slowing down my machine.

I find WD-40 is very useful for releasing clogged up machinery!

• Unless you're taking screenshots of every gasroom chat @micra and saving them in your photos i can't for a moment see how either the General yabber on here, or quoting bigtonne posts would do anything to your phone.

Just words on a forum innit.

• We should create a thread where every post quotes the preceding post, until each post covers an entire page each. @micra would love that!

• @Shev said:
    We should create a thread where every post quotes the preceding post, until each post covers an entire page each. @micra would love that!

Good idea.

• I heard that the age for ST renewals for seniors would be kept at 60, not the publicised 65. I’ve not seen anything official so has anyone else heard this too, and if true, does it just apply to renewals, not newbies ?

• @Doob said:
    I heard that the age for ST renewals for seniors would be kept at 60, not the publicised 65. I’ve not seen anything official so has anyone else heard this too, and if true, does it just apply to renewals, not newbies ?

I think existing ticket holders keep the senior pricing if they qualified before. New tickets are at 65

• If you already have the 60+ discount, it will be honoured.
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/season-ticket-faqs/

• Gaffer tape for fixing; WD 40 for releasing I believe @mooneyman. @LX1 said that.

• @drcongo said:

@Shev said:
    We should create a thread where every post quotes the preceding post, until each post covers an entire page each. @micra would love that!

Good idea.

Or as @Malone would say, a good idea, son. Got it from Max Bygraves apparently.

• Thanks @Malone and @drcongo BTW.