Skip to content

Season Ticket Info - Pricing out tomorrow

Comments

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Apologies if anyone's already noticed/mentioned this, and it's only conjecture on my part, but I'm wondering if the matchday prices are going to be equivalent to one nineteenth of the equivalent season ticket cost. All the season ticket prices for all areas/age groups are exactly divisible by 19, so for example, Frank Adams adult S/T is £494, therefore the matchday price MAY be £494/19 = £26. So - you could afford to miss (or not be allowed into) four games, and still break even.
    Just semi-educated guesswork really, but might be how it will work out.

Good spot - as it's a traditional for lower league clubs to have that "safety net" of being able to miss games. Even I had to miss a game for a wedding this year, so people with loads of commitments would struggle otherwise.

£26 almost sounds reasonable for an on the day price too. Had wondered how close to £30 it might creep

• I suspect this might be a glimpse into "the new normal" for a while, if entertainment places are hugely restricted capacity wise, prices will have to increase in a whole host of industries not just at Wycombe Wanderers

• I think they are surfing on goodwill and unprecedented times at the moment...I know I renewed hopeful that by August things will have settled down covid-wise but I fear uptake might be slow and if we have a bad season...or no season at all...they will be stuffed this time next year.

• @Doob said:
    @bookertease Have no fear of your ST not being used if you can’t make it down!
    As for the increase, did you take into account that having turned 60 you might’ve been expecting a decrease, but now you’ll have to wait until 2025!

In my head I’m still 18 so I wasn’t really thinking about the OAP ‘discount’ - until I saw the price hike and mused on clawing it back. But I remember arguing on here some months back that it should be raised to 65 or 67 so I’m not complaining.

Will be more of an issue for anyone 61-64 who have suddenly lost their ‘perk’

• You would hope that in the event of us being unable to get into all the games that there would be a sweetener further down the line. Maybe I am being optimistic. I do hope the goodwill generated is not thrown away in the next 12 months

• The difficult thing here is that we don’t really have any idea whether the extent of the increase is due to Covid-19, which is understandable and supportable, or whether it was part of their original strategy, which would set alarm bells ringing.

• @bookertease said:

@Doob said:
    As for the increase, did you take into account that having turned 60 you might’ve been expecting a decrease, but now you’ll have to wait until 2025!

In my head I’m still 18 so I wasn’t really thinking about the OAP ‘discount’ - until I saw the price hike and mused on clawing it back. But I remember arguing on here some months back that it should be raised to 65 or 67 so I’m not complaining.

Let's not reopen that debate and have a few posters tell us that the oldies are actually the minted ones and should actually pay more

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:

@Doob said:

Let's not reopen that debate and have a few posters tell us that the oldies are actually the minted ones and should actually pay more

Sorry yes I withdraw that and hope no-one noticed

• @NewburyWanderer Good spot on pricing but I wonder if that £26 would be with or without the £2 discount for buying in advance, or maybe that’s being scrapped? If you’re correct tho, £23 for seniors would be more expensive than watching premier division football up the road at Watford (for the moment anyway!).

• I think we can all agree that we NEED this promotion to make the pricing a totally moot point!

• @Aok84 said:
    Wont bother renewing my 2 season tickets in family stand.

@NewburyWanderer said:
    Apologies if anyone's already noticed/mentioned this, and it's only conjecture on my part, but I'm wondering if the matchday prices are going to be equivalent to one nineteenth of the equivalent season ticket cost. All the season ticket prices for all areas/age groups are exactly divisible by 19, so for example, Frank Adams adult S/T is £494, therefore the matchday price MAY be £494/19 = £26. So - you could afford to miss (or not be allowed into) four games, and still break even.
    Just semi-educated guesswork really, but might be how it will work out.

Was £26 last season I thought if not bought in advance.

• Do we know how the restricted capacity is likely to work per stand? Could you end up in a position where (numbers entirely made up) the family stand has sold 300 season tickets but has a reduced capacity of 200. What happens to the extra 100? Are they accommodated elsewhere in the ground or just miss out (ifollow voucher aside)? Apologies if I have missed the answer in the announcement. Just trying to evaluate my options.

• I think there was a proviso that you may not be able to have the seat of your choice so that would presumably would cover that senario. I'm also guessing that away fans would not be allowed allowing the limited number to be spread evenly.

• Can't stop thinking that we're really really shooting ourselves in the foot charging £190 for 12 year olds in the family stand. Given most kids that age won't make the home mid-weekers (of which there'll be more if the season starts later), it's basically £10 a game.

This seems like the crucial age to be converting kids into fans of the future. Instead I suspect many parents will not renew. I really hope the club rethink this.

• edited June 2020

@Last_Quarter said:
    Can't stop thinking that we're really really shooting ourselves in the foot charging £190 for 12 year olds in the family stand. Given most kids that age won't make the home mid-weekers (of which there'll be more if the season starts later), it's basically £10 a game.

This seems like the crucial age to be converting kids into fans of the future. Instead I suspect many parents will not renew. I really hope the club rethink this.

Know what you're saying, but when there's acres of room, cramming loads of cheap kids in makes sense.

When you're massively limited on numbers allowed and have plenty of full paying adults to fill the space with, I'm afraid that's the market we need most of in this most unusual situation.

• My old dear is a bit miffe (but understands why the decision has been made). She is 64, turning 65 midway through the season!

• Why would the club rethink it. The horse has bolted now ....

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Can't stop thinking that we're really really shooting ourselves in the foot charging £190 for 12 year olds in the family stand. Given most kids that age won't make the home mid-weekers (of which there'll be more if the season starts later), it's basically £10 a game.

How much is it for under 12s now?

• They've changed the age ranges, but a 12 year old this year would've been free. A 13 year old would've been £72. An adult bringing two teenagers will have to fork out an extra £240 before they get to their own price increase.

@Malone You make a very fair point. However, given family groups can sit together without distancing theres an argument we can get more people in the stadium if we attract more families. Plus, for the long-term health of the club post-covid, I really think this is the group we have to look after most. Kids are far more likely to find something else to do.

• @Malone said:
    I think we can all agree that we NEED this promotion to make the pricing a totally moot point!

Although I can (almost) agree that, for us oldies and singletons, promotion makes the price rises palatable. For families with young supporters (the life blood of a club at this level?), these price rises are possibly the final nail in the coffin of their loyalty.

• Pete Couhig is back in the country I think. Time for him to give us the thinking behind all the changes to ticket prices.
    Has the Trust made any comment yet?

• edited June 2020

@OxfordBlue said:
    My old dear is a bit miffe (but understands why the decision has been made). She is 64, turning 65 midway through the season!

But if she had a senior season ticket this season, she'll still only have to pay the senior rate. If she follows her personal link, she'll see that she's still charged the senior price.

Also... https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/season-ticket-faqs/

See the first FAQ.

• I now understand what the "Up the Wyc" slogan meant.....

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Pete Couhig is back in the country I think. Time for him to give us the thinking behind all the changes to ticket prices.
    Has the Trust made any comment yet?

Good question, this sadly might not just set back some people's opinions of the new owners but their thoughts around how much financial support is appropriate to a standalone business.
    Additionally in this matter or in others in the future are the trust willing or able to use our quarter to represent fan opinion or are they just another entity after money.
    Will be interested to hear from both bodies, and I wouldn't at all rule out a comprehensive answer with some humility suggesting that they've both had a look and believe it's right and needed at this time.

• edited June 2020

That statement almost needs a new thread.

Excellent response

1)Family stand kids now reduced from £190 to £95
    2)Rebate option instead of just the £10 i follow pass if you buy a ST and can't get in.
    3)Ability to change your waiver response if you so feel.

• edited June 2020

@Malone said:

That statement almost needs a new thread.

Excellent response

1)Family stand kids now reduced from £190 to £95
    2)Rebate option instead of just the £10 i follow pass if you buy a ST and can't get in.
    3)Ability to change your waiver response if you so feel.

That's a really decent summary of the key points, and they address the 3 biggest issues.

I'm impressed by the swift response by RC

• @OxfordBlue said:
    My old dear is a bit miffe (but understands why the decision has been made). She is 64, turning 65 midway through the season!

Assuming your 'old dear' had a season ticket last season -- she can renew as a senior for next, Check the FAQs on the wwfc web site for confirmation..

• A very well done to the club for listening and acting so quickly. That's a very honest and professional statement.

• Seconded