Skip to content

Season Ticket Info - Pricing out tomorrow

Comments

• Decided to bite the bullet and renew No email recd so rang the ground just now got through and the very polite guy took my name and seat details. I was all geared up to give my card details when he said someone would call me back ! Championship Aspirations and National League Admin !

• Check your junk folder as mine was sitting in there from Ticketco

• The uncertainty works both ways though. Who knows if the club will be able to sell food and drink in the same way, or if we have the same desire to casually consume it.

If AP was to open tomorrow, I’d want to get in and out as quickly as possible with the minimum of fuss and honestly probably wouldn’t buy any of the concessions to minimise CV19 exposure.

Who’d be a football club owner at the minute...?

• In the midst of Covid, a recession and the likelihood of widespread unemployment, I imagine there will be many different individual circumstances for people to consider when they weigh up whether or not to renew.

Personally, with a shielded partner who isn't sure when she'll feel secure enough to attend games again, coupled with a 43% increase on the prices I paid last season, it looks like we will be letting our seats go for now.

Given that the new owners' business plan revolved around increasing attendance, this is a bold move on pricing which would make sense if we had already been promoted, but is likely to backfire if we aren't.

• thanks it had gone to another e mail account so did it from there To be fair a guy from the office phoned me back and I was able to check everything was OK. Looking forward to Championship footie come September everything crossed. To be fair have had BA to spend money on since March and had a holiday refund. However I am very aware that others will look at the prices and have to make very tough decisions. Been there bought that tee shirt in the past.

• edited June 2020

@Last_Quarter said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I like the German route, cheaper tickets get more people into the stadium ! It works.

We have tried that approach for years though - at one point in L2 I think we had the cheapest tickets in the EFL. We haven't gotten close to filling the stadium and we weren't sustainable under that model. The increases today seemed inevitable really.

Not quite to the level that the Germans tend to. It's cheaper to get into St Pauli (if you can get a ticket) than it has been to sit in the Frank Adams for years.

edit: Actually, slightly unfair comparison. St Pauli is £15 to stand and £24 to sit.

• The timing is at best a little crass and the increases do seem steep with some particularly incredible percentage increases in individual cases here BUT I do think it is fair to say that for a long time now our ST and ticket prices have been among the cheapest available, and we have been lucky for that.

A very quick browse shows that a mains stand adult ST at Peterborough is £489, at Rotherham is £470 and at Burton is £420. These are only 3 examples and there are likely to be some that these new prices are more expensive than, but these new prices are by no means an outlier even in League One.

• I was going to buy one this year even though I haven't had a season ticket in years. I think I'd much rather donate to a scheme to provide tickets for those hardest hit by the pandemic now though.

• Yep increase bit me, but I went ahead like the sheep I am. Like @Wycombe85 I have been lucky enough to be able to work from home and saved a bit on fares so I could swallow it. I was expecting a hike given the circumstances but it was somewhat eye-watering and I totally understand why others are holding back. You never know they may have a rethink. Wise move and good luck to everyone.

• 40% increase for my seat in the Family Stand is taking the mick, especially the day after I told them to forget the ST refund.

For the first time in 30 years, my feeling is that I won't be doing every game, midweeks are always a bit of a pain and there's been a few Saturdays when I have turned down another event as I have a season ticket.

The no refund if supporters are not allowed in is the big killer, I'm hoping they do some reasonable multiple game season tickets, if the matchday tickets follow the same increase, we are looking at:

Terrace: £22/£24
    Family Stand: £24/£26
    Frank Adams/Beechdean: £31/£33

via app/standard matchday

• Makes watching from the hill a little more appealing.......

• Was so looking forward to getting the ST today after all the shit of lockdown it felt like a semblance of normality returning, however having been laid off a week before lockdown I am for the first time in years actually now rethinking if I renew or not.....aaaarggghhhhh my brain hurts.....

• @Mr67 said:
    Decided to bite the bullet and renew No email recd so rang the ground just now got through and the very polite guy took my name and seat details. I was all geared up to give my card details when he said someone would call me back ! Championship Aspirations and National League Admin !

Just renewed mine by phone - quick and efficient. Recurved my code within seconds.

• @Brownie said:

A very quick browse shows that a mains stand adult ST at Peterborough is £489.

But they're a HUGE club. It said so on the internet.

• Vital hope you do renew but fully get it if you don't best wishes to you both.

• I'm often accused on here of being unduly harsh on the directors of the club. However, I think it's fair for them to increase prices - there has been plenty of warning that they would (that interview with Pete in the football business magazine a few months back made it crystal clear). I still think it's madness for anyone to renew now on the hope they'll get to watch football from September, but then, I suppose supporting Wycombe has often been an exercise in suspending critical faculties and daring to believe in the impossible!

What I do think pretty cynical from the directors though is banking on supporters' goodwill one day by requesting they forgo refunds - pocketing that - and then the very next day whacking them with 40% price increases for next season. On one level you have to admire their cold-headed drive to maximise the bottom line. But perhaps they could drop the faux-folkiness from now on and just lean-in to being unemotionally ruthless?

• Was anyone really expecting anything less than an increase to be in line with other teams around us?

• Yes the double whammy of forgoing a refund and a big hike is lousy pr. Something up till now the Couligs have been good at Let's hope it's a one off faux par and not a taste of things to come.

• We knew they were going to increase prices, they told us

The gamble for them though is will that eventually lead to an increase in revenue, which is what their entire project is reliant on

They've got a lot riding on these play offs, and further forward how we do in league 1 next season should be not get promoted

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Brownie said:

A very quick browse shows that a mains stand adult ST at Peterborough is £489.

But they're a HUGE club. It said so on the internet.

They do have £20m players so cost of ST seems a bargain!

• The Couhigs do need to communicate on this quickly. To not do so shows a contempt to regular supporters.
    How many have fallen for the line about renewing quickly to get a place if they do reopen at limited numbers? I think I'm number 251 so if they only allow 250 in I'm stuffed

• @aloysius said:
    I'm often accused on here of being unduly harsh on the directors of the club. However, I think it's fair for them to increase prices - there has been plenty of warning that they would (that interview with Pete in the football business magazine a few months back made it crystal clear). I still think it's madness for anyone to renew now on the hope they'll get to watch football from September, but then, I suppose supporting Wycombe has often been an exercise in suspending critical faculties and daring to believe in the impossible!

What I do think pretty cynical from the directors though is banking on supporters' goodwill one day by requesting they forgo refunds - pocketing that - and then the very next day whacking them with 40% price increases for next season. On one level you have to admire their cold-headed drive to maximise the bottom line. But perhaps they could drop the faux-folkiness from now on and just lean-in to being unemotionally ruthless?

Agree with this. The option to waive should have been communicated at the same time as the price increase. I’d still have waived the refund and renewed, but it was a little underhand.

• Turns out Rob Couhig didn’t make his money by being folksy and avuncular. It’s a gamble, but then their whole business plan is a gamble.

• @floyd said:
    Turns out Rob Couhig didn’t make his money by being folksy and avuncular. It’s a gamble, but then their whole business plan is a gamble.

Who was suggesting he did?

• @peterparrotface anyone surprised by a price increase to be honest.

• @peterparrotface said:

@floyd said:
    Turns out Rob Couhig didn’t make his money by being folksy and avuncular. It’s a gamble, but then their whole business plan is a gamble.

Who was suggesting he did?

Who's to know he hasn't?

• I think the lack of the early-bird option is probably the hardest part for many to take. That always felt to me a win-win for club and supporters (club got a vital stream of income at a time when no income was coming in and supporters got a bargain).

Fully understand why that wasn’t an option this time round but I think it would have been good PR to have openly explained this.

My dilemma is different to others (I’m looking at it as £2 extra a week over a year - that’s less than a pint a week or a Costa coffee so hopefully manageable).
    What does concern me though is that I normally only attend about half the games. Not a problem when there’s no excess demand but if there are only say 1000 allowed in and I’m one of those ‘early’ 1000 if I don’t come down I’m leaving a space that someone who can attend every week could use.

But looking at a few sites it does look like we will have gone from one of the lowest priced teams to watch in L1 to the highest if we don’t get promoted.

• @bookertease said:
    What does concern me though is that I normally only attend about half the games. Not a problem when there’s no excess demand but if there are only say 1000 allowed in and I’m one of those ‘early’ 1000 if I don’t come down I’m leaving a space that someone who can attend every week could use.

Same here. That's why I'd rather give to a scheme to help others attend.

• edited June 2020

@floyd said:
    @peterparrotface anyone surprised by a price increase to be honest.

Don't think there's many of those.

• I imagine we’re all agreed on a bit of a PR fail. Whether intended or not it should have been released at the same time.