Skip to content

David Stockdale

123457»

Comments

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Stockdale in goal and Parker up front at Burton. It's the only way we can all move forward! :smile:

Parker's appeal seems to be based on being a lovely chap, not being Samuel and having a good shot at mk.

And a better one against Fleetwood.

• Definitely got a pair of shooting boots. Hope he wears them for his next appearance.

• I thought he was one of our better players versus Fleetwood. Did enough to earn another go I thought.

• Speaking to a couple of Donny fans today who sit down that end to the side they were fairly convinced that the second goal should have been offside.

They were also happy that what looked from the far end like a stonewall penalty after the 3rd goal was actually a well-timed tackle.

• @bookertease said:
    Speaking to a couple of Donny fans today who sit down that end to the side they were fairly convinced that the second goal should have been offside.

They were also happy that what looked from the far end like a stonewall penalty after the 3rd goal was actually a well-timed tackle.

Interested about the penalty. Never seen what appeared a clearer penalty in my life from 130m away! It just looked like Stewart dived in trying to bring the guy down. Just shows how one's perception is not too reliable. Who'd have thought an old man with bad eyesight might be wrong watching the game from the other end of the pitch?

• @bookertease said:
    Speaking to a couple of Donny fans today who sit down that end to the side they were fairly convinced that the second goal should have been offside.

I wasn’t going to bring this up again, but it’s interesting that even some Donny fans agree with the video footage the club has that the goal could well have been disallowed for offside.

• Really interesting

• No-one was saying it was definitely onside - just that we can’t tell from the publicly available video footage.

• @Chris said:
    No-one was saying it was definitely onside - just that we can’t tell from the publicly available video footage.

Yup.

• David watching the ice hockey over in Las Vegas.

• @HCblue said:

@Chris said:
    No-one was saying it was definitely onside - just that we can’t tell from the publicly available video footage.

Yup.

Fair enough.

• Dave enjoying v expensive Chateaux bottled red wine on Insta in Vegas. Part of the Sports Science match fit diet plan?

• Isn't most wine bottled?

• Just googled it..never heard of that down the park before

• @LX1 said:
    Isn't most wine bottled?

Most wine arrives in the UK in huge tankers and is bottled here with labels that make it look like it is special, because the cost (& therefore potential lost profit) is in transporting heavy glass not cheap liquid. Always look on the back of the label to see if it is bottled at source. Oh and remember the fixed costs in a bottle of wine are v much the same if it costs £5.99 or £20.00, so there is more wine ‘value’ (vs bottle etc) in the more expensive one.
    Probably best to stick with a 2 litre pet of Diamond White down the park though.

• Better value in the cheaper one, even if you’re spending a lower proportion of the price on the wine.

• Does that take into account the negative value of the headache the day after?

• @Chris said:
    Better value in the cheaper one, even if you’re spending a lower proportion of the price on the wine.

Think you might be confusing value and cost.

• @perfidious_albion What's your opinion of Naked Wines?

• Lower cost and better value.

• The people who say the loudest that buying more expensive wine means you are getting better value are the people that sell expensive wine. It’s definitely better value for them.

• @LX1 said:
    @perfidious_albion What's your opinion of Naked Wines?

I like that their lower volumes mean they can offer small winery’s and some non mainstream varieties. Pretty good value but ordering online I find a faff.
    To be honest the big supermarket chains have such buying power that their buyers offer some really decent stuff ( just as long as you don’t fall for the ‘was £8.99 now £5.99 con). Go mid price say a tenner at Tesco and you won’t go far wrong. Buy a sample bottle and if you like it wait for their 25% off mixed case of six deal (roughly every three months) and you’ve got a real steal.