Skip to content

David Stockdale

Comments

• @LX1 I'm glad you posted that video because I had no idea what the random "Stairs to the bedroom" comment meant.

• Wait until he finds out about bungalows.

• Whilst on a tangent @chairboyscentral, which ex Wycombe players went on to win a European Cup medal?

• @Twizz Do you know how many there are?

• Going on an even bigger tangent, England Internationals Luther Blissett, Kerry Dixon and Graham Roberts have all played for Chesham United. Bruce Grobellar and Mark Lawrenson have also donned the Jersey.

• @chairboys central, I know of one.

• @Twizz said:
    Whilst on a tangent @chairboyscentral, which ex Wycombe players went on to win a European Cup medal?

Kenny Swain ?

• @Twizz said:
    Whilst on a tangent @chairboyscentral, which ex Wycombe players went on to win a European Cup medal?

Michael Duberry was one.

• Kenny Swain, yes.

Michael Duberry didn't "go on to win" he'd already won the medals with Chelsea. Although actually not a European Cup winners medal anyway just a Cup Winners Cup and a Super Cup.

• edited February 2020

Was there a former Wycombe manager who had had some limited European cup success? I’m sure he didn’t like to talk about it much.

• Rob Lee also ex-England.

• Steven Taylor won the intertoto cup with Newcastle. Does that count?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Steven Taylor won the intertoto cup with Newcastle. Does that count?

He made a squad or two, don't think he played, Same with Mawson, think he was on standby for a tournament and was in early training.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

He made a squad or two, don't think he played, Same with Mawson, think he was on standby for a tournament and was in early training.

Taylor definitely played...lineup for the final as follows:

Newcastle United (4-3-3): Given; Carr, Boumsong, Taylor, Babayaro; Faye, Jenas (Chopra, h-t; Brittain, 58), Bowyer; Milner, Shearer, N'Zogbia. Subs not used: Harper, Ramage, Elliott, Butt.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

Taylor definitely played...lineup for the final as follows:

Newcastle United (4-3-3): Given; Carr, Boumsong, Taylor, Babayaro; Faye, Jenas (Chopra, h-t; Brittain, 58), Bowyer; Milner, Shearer, N'Zogbia. Subs not used: Harper, Ramage, Elliott, Butt.

Sorry, wasn't clear, I meant England.

• @glasshalffull said:

@RogertheBandito said:

Tranmere had just 1 shot on target all game, and scored from it, and thats Alldrop having a good game...

No goalkeeper could have done anything about Tranmere’s goal and why use an offensive play on words about someone from the team you support?

So this week Doncaster had 3 shots on target, and scored three goals...

• ...and Stockdale would have done no better than Allsop with the two shots on target that weren't saved nor the own goal that produced the third goal (though he might admittedly have done a bit better with the free kick that Allsop "saved"). Rocky came off his line a couple of times today to make notable interventions.

• The game changed after Rocky's howler today

• @RogertheBandito said:

@glasshalffull said:

@RogertheBandito said:

Tranmere had just 1 shot on target all game, and scored from it, and thats Alldrop having a good game...

No goalkeeper could have done anything about Tranmere’s goal and why use an offensive play on words about someone from the team you support?

Why do you automatically think that every goal scored is the goalkeeper’s fault? In the same way that clean sheets are not solely down to the keeper’s ability, nor are goals scored purely down to his mistakes. I get that you don’t rate Allsop, but the manager does and I prefer to trust his judgement over yours.

• @RogertheBandito said:

@glasshalffull said:

@RogertheBandito said:

By that logic, no team should ever score.

• It can’t be true that there were only three shots on target, I’m sure Allsop made some saves. The free kick that was spilled at least.

• One of the goals was an own goal. The spill was his only actual save.

• That’s not true. He made the save at the near post in the first half, as well as shutting down Cole when he was thru one on one

• 3 shots on target and 1 save

• Who cares how many shots there were? It counts for nothing. The only stat that matter are the two "goals" columns. On what people are saying...if your keeper plays well then you win. Maybe we should scrap the 90 minutes and just have penalties in the future (with the keeper taking the pens too).

• The second goal is gently chipped in and is put in by their attacker from about 6 feet. You would really expect your keeper to come for those and take a regulation catch.
    Hopefully we see Stockdale return for the Burton game.

• If memory serves me correctly on the second goal, their scorer stole in unmarked. Whoever was supposed to be picking him up is at least equally to blame.

• The keeper should be collecting those balls all day long, yes a defender should be keeping goal side of their forward, but if your keeper is not prepared to move two yards of his line to catch a gentle chip, then you are always going to have problems.

• edited March 2020

In Allsop's defence, I think the trajectory of the ball - dipping in front of him - would have made that quite tricky to come and claim. Jacobson lost his man too easily.