Skip to content

January business?

Comments

• @Username said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    With Kashket's suspension imminent, is there a place for CMS again on the bench at least?

Why are people so sure Kashket is going to get a suspension for something that happened 3 years ago before he joined the club?

There's no FA statue of limitations for this. Kashket should, and will, be punished for this.

• @Username said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    With Kashket's suspension imminent, is there a place for CMS again on the bench at least?

Why are people so sure Kashket is going to get a suspension for something that happened 3 years ago before he joined the club?

Because that's what happens to people found to have broken betting rules by the FA?

• Oh dear, looks like another round of discussion on the EFL/FA.

• (I was wondering what an FA Statue of Limitations might look like, and where it would be erected)

I get the seriousness of the crime, but with all the recent talk of 'precedent', I'm wondering whether there are ways in which our lawyer owner could seek to play on the time lag, representing Kashket as a reformed character, without sin under his current employers, a victim of alleged mistreatment by his previous employers, etc etc - and maybe end up with a suspended sentence à la Bolton...?

My view is that it probably wouldn't wash, but maybe worth a try anyway. (Unless it's the same rules as when you appeal and run the risk of a bigger punishment if not upheld.)

As Dev would say, "thoughts"? Preferably in the Kashket thread, so as not to derail "January business" further.

• Excellent article in the (whisper it) Torygraph today on the FA betting link. And to be fair many other sports are also guilty. Less sure about the stopping fattys and alcoholism by avoiding fast food and fizzy drink sponsors myself.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Less sure about the stopping fattys and alcoholism by avoiding fast food and fizzy drink sponsors myself.

Get with the times - it's all vegan food and wine bars at Wycombe now - proper health food. Three Beyond Barbecue burgers and a bottle and a half of Merlot before every game and I could take on Sunderland single handedly.

• Has a football club ever had its shirt sponsored by a wine brand?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Has a football club ever had its shirt sponsored by a wine

We should approach this company:

http://wandererwines.com/

• Probably do better in London where 25% of paramedics and goodness knows what percentage of other occupations are from Down Under.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Username said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Because that's what happens to people found to have broken betting rules by the FA?

Plenty of people just get suspended bans, the bans that make the news are the worst cases.

Daniel Sturridge only got 2 weeks for essentially giving insider information on where he might move...

I'm not too worried

• @Username said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Precedents.

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Precedents.

Not that many with any "public" details out there, but unless Kashket bet on his own team, then it won't be lengthy.

"Leeds midfielder Jordan Stevens was given a six-week ban and a £1,200 fine after being charged with misconduct by the FA in relation to its betting rules.

The 19-year-old admitted to placing 59 bets on football between August 2018 and May 2019 – five of those involved games in which Leeds played."

• I personally know of a player who was charged with betting offences (not as many as Scotty has), and he received no ban at all so long as he completed the necessary "rehab" work (didn't ask if this meant he did recieve a ban but it was suspended).

• I also think Stevens got a ban because he had attended the club workshop outlining the FA's guidelines on betting! And still did it. Durr!!

• edited January 2020

Well, don't get us wrong @username, we'll all be delighted if he doesn't get a ban of course!
    Just fearing one.

I suppose when they eventually get round to deciding, we can "appeal" and get him through a couple more games anyway - especially if it suits us, with say a Saturday/midweek combo

• Maybe you could remember this is a young bloke's life we're talking about here

Him missing games for us is unimportant compared to his mental and emotional wellbeing.

Would have been better if none of this had been made public if I'm honest

• Salford have signed Tom Elliot !

• Joe Lesley rumour

• Omar Bogle has been told he can leave Cardiff. Now that would be sensational scenes

• @eric_plant said:
    Omar Bogle has been told he can leave Cardiff. Now that would be sensational scenes

He was linked with Bristol Rovers

• @eric_plant said:
    Maybe you could remember this is a young bloke's life we're talking about here

Him missing games for us is unimportant compared to his mental and emotional wellbeing.

Would have been better if none of this had been made public if I'm honest

Spot on, and I am glad he is now with a club who will fully support him.

• Pnl have made some good loan signings this week, can see them winning the league (hope im wrong, they get to the play off final and lose)

• They look like a Championship side @bigred87. We did brilliantly to keep them down to a single goal last month.

• Would disagree with you on that one @micra they looked good, but no better than Coventry or the posh when we played them. Also in the second half when down to 10 I thought we did OK to hold them. I think they'll be up there or there abouts but saying they look like a championship side alrwady is overstating things for me.

• Probably is @Ozzie_the_Relaxed. I think my provocative side may have surfaced on this occasion. I want to “big them up” in order to take satisfaction when they fail !

• I think if we can stay up and around there with the likes of Ipswich, Oxford, Coventry and the Posh it will be a great season...

• One more place in the top six up for grabs then @Wendoverman . Save your decision until tomorrow evening !

• Poor run at the moment. Now is the time for Ainsworth to be creative to change our momentum. Deal if possible for CMS to get him off the books. Aarons to go back. Injury prone and limited impact. Can you do any thing about Phillips deal. Not sure he is up to League 1 standard either at centre half or right back. Parker limited impact. Possible loan out. Need to be bold , make some difficult decisions, release some money and bring in 2 or 3 players to give a demoralised squad after all these defeats, some fresh impetus. Otherwise the great start will be wasted. Will we ever have this opportunity to push for the Championship.

• I would assume that not bringing on Aarons yesterday was a sign he won't be staying (which wouldnt be a massive loss)