Skip to content

January business?

Comments

• Moving on:

Josh Parker scored 12 goals for Gillingham 2 seasons ago...

• @thecatwwfc said:

@Malone said:

@thecatwwfc said:

Let's hope next weekend is more positive so we don't have to pick holes in each other out of frustration

I deleted the post because I couldn't be bothered to argue. I never decided to pick holes out of you. You did that to me. I expressed an opinion...you took the p**s (wrongly, as you didn't read my previous post), then continued to say I'm negative in order to defend your sarcastic comment. Not too sure what role I have played but you crack on.

Wendover's was sarcastic, mine wasn't in fairness.

But let's move on :)

I blame @Wendoverman for all this ;)

Haha that's true. I never intend to upset anyone. Just putting my views across, which is what a forum is for? Agree or disagree, that's what it's all about. I'm not doing it to be negative, I just don't want us all getting carried away with what is a LONG season. I'm always fully behind WWFC whatever the weather, but I'm also realistic.

Forgotten, let's move on.

Totally. I accept the real blame here, as it was an unnecessary "pop in" from me :)

Roll on Saturday!

• @thedieharder said:
    Moving on:

Josh Parker scored 12 goals for Gillingham 2 seasons ago...

Oddly, I think he actually played wide for most of that season.

• I wish we weren’t on this poor run but I’m fascinated to see how G.A is going to tackle it.

• @Malone I'll happily take the blame. I am dead sarcastic me. I hope you'll now call your group off @thecatwwfc ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    @Malone I'll happily take the blame. I am dead sarcastic me. I hope you'll now call your group off @thecatwwfc ?

Not to be mixed up with the power group. Obvs.

• looks like Akinde is off to Gillinghan

• Totally. I accept the real blame here, as it was an unnecessary "pop in" from me :)

Roll on Saturd> @Wendoverman said:
    @Malone I'll happily take the blame. I am dead sarcastic me. I hope you'll now call your group off @thecatwwfc ?

I don't understand

• Marcus Maddison to Charlton.

• It’s not as complicated as you might think @thecatwwfc if you think back to what you said about @Malone and his cohorts (or whatever) of which I may be one. Also, and this threw me initially, I think the last sentence is @Wendoverman jokingly telling @Malone to tell his mates to lay off you. It’s a tangled web. We do like to josh people who take things too seriously.
    But you’ve written some very good posts over the last three days and we do respect your points of view.

• Yep..might not be the best English..but it you had the word "of" after off..and before your name Mr Catt..that's how it's meant to read.

Rather than suggesting the gang belongs to yourself..

• CMS after starting on Saturday conspicuous by his absence from Stevenage squad tonight. Might be injured, might be dropped completely but given that his original loan allegedly expired 12 Jan, most likely explanation surely is that he isn't a stevenage player now.

• Maybe this is why Aarons wasn’t resigned as we might see CMS in the blue quarters this season as no one else wants him unless we just release him

• He went off injured on Saturday.

• @Malone said:
    Yep..might not be the best English..but it you had the word "of" after off..and before your name Mr Catt..that's how it's meant to read.

Rather than suggesting the gang belongs to yourself..

I see. The gang belongs to you guys, you can have it. Thanks for clearing this up though. And thank you @micra.

• Whoever it was that suggested McCarthy to return on loan... Probably not as we can't guarantee him much game-time - assuming Grimmer is back soon - but maybe...?
  • Ideal cover for Grimmer, Charles AND Stewart so he would probably get plenty of game time.

• edited January 2020

Yeah, he'd arguably be a better option at left-back than Mascoll as well - I wouldn't normally suggest playing a right-back at left-back, but Mascoll is so inexperienced.

• Indeed we did not miss Macca until we missed Grimmer! If it happens that would be a great loan signing.

• It’d be a great signing. Surely he’d be happy to come back as well?

• That would be an ideal signing.

• This would be fantastic and just what we need

• Glad now that I originally suggested it! Just hope it happens.

• We'd surely be his first choice? He's on record as saying how much he loves the club

• Absolute no brainer option.
    Can't imagine Gareth isn't right on it asking the question.

• Got a feeling this may happen

• I'm going to try to ignore this speculation as its too exciting to ever happen.

• The Gasroom radar has always been locked on to former Wycombe players who fans feel should return. Out of interest how many prodigal sons ,signed or loaned, has Gaz bought home?
    Fred and .....
    Meanwhile how many great signings / loans have he and Dobbo fished out of that much bigger pond of all available professional footballers league, non league, none English football.
    So why persist with the pointless ‘who might return‘ conjecture.
    To borrow eric_plant’s rather more succinct summary ‘terrible thread, this’.

• edited January 2020

Don't forget Paris and McCarthy last season

• Nathan Tyson. Paul Hayes. Anthony Stewart. What is wrong with dreaming @perfidious_albion ?
    terrible 'terrible thread' suggestion in my opinion.