Skip to content

January business?

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Interesting that a couple of Premier League loanees in League One have already been recalled and loaned out to other clubs in the division. Ethan Hamilton (Man United) was at Southend, now at Bolton (ok, fair enough). Callum Connolly (Everton) was at Lincoln, now at Fleetwood. Perhaps we could be a stepping stone for one or two as well? We are one of the big fish in this league after all...

Looking at where they went to, might those players have wanted for some reason to be a bit closer to home?

• edited January 2020

I hadn't considered that but maybe. With Hamilton, though, it can't be great for a young player's development to be at a club in the state Southend are. Bolton will probably go down but are at least in decent shape now.

• john akinde looks to be on the move.....good shout for.a quality target man

• A deep-ish look at the state of the squad, who might go and what we need to add (probably not a lot actually): https://chairboyscentral.com/2020/01/06/window-shopping-what-do-wycombe-need-in-the-january-sales/

• Nice article @chairboyscentral but I disagree with the big man signing. If we can get Akinde, who I very much doubt is in that muscular chap up in the farming land plans we’d be crazy not to go for him IMHO.

• edited January 2020

He's contracted until the end of next season, so Lincoln would want a fee for him. That rules us out. I'm not sure where he'd really fit in anyway - there's no such thing as a back-up Bayo and he doesn't get many goals apart from penalties, so he wouldn't be the solution to our perceived goal-scoring problem.

• Good read @chairboyscentral here my two cents. The SCMP (or should it be SMBU?) ceiling might have some room, not based on anything scientific but the crowds feel bigger on average so far this season lifting the £ limit of the 60%. Also I can't imagine we're paying the full cost for Aarons, so maybe we have some space there. For me I think we do need a midfield general playmaker as v Cov we looked exposed and needed someone to take hold of our midfield.
    One thing I agree with is no to DDH but I don't see why Gaz would go there......so I'm not worried.
    Roll on Saturday, we're gonna win 3-1 etc.
    COYB

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Good read @chairboyscentral here my two cents. The SCMP (or should it be SMBU?) ceiling might have some room, not based on anything scientific but the crowds feel bigger on average so far this season lifting the £ limit of the 60%. Also I can't imagine we're paying the full cost for Aarons, so maybe we have some space there. For me I think we do need a midfield general playmaker as v Cov we looked exposed and needed someone to take hold of our midfield.
    One thing I agree with is no to DDH but I don't see why Gaz would go there......so I'm not worried.
    Roll on Saturday, we're gonna win 3-1 etc.
    COYB

Yeah, I mean, I'm mainly going by what Gaz said, but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised! I still thank we're fine in midfield, but maybe that's something to explore once we've got the defensive priorities sorted. If there was a player of Bayo's exact physical propotions, I'd take him too.

• Surely the idea that CMS would simply walk away from the last six months of his contract without compensation is a bit far fetched. A deal might be done (either another loan we pay part of his wages or a compromise agreement) but surely not at nil cost.

• I imagine it would depend if the player had another club lined up or not, otherwise you're effectively making someone redundant.

• Unlikely surely that any new club (conference now?) would pay him the salary he is currently on.
    He might just choose to do something else with his life (and he must have made reasonable cash over the years) but my guess is that we would need to contribute to his wages on loan or pay him off.

• @DevC said:
    Unlikely surely that any new club (conference now?) would pay him the salary he is currently on.
    He might just choose to do something else with his life (and he must have made reasonable cash over the years) but my guess is that we would need to contribute to his wages on loan or pay him off.

Maybe not match salary but longer contract and or coaching role might be attractive to him with a few quid from us.

• @DevC said:
    Unlikely surely that any new club (conference now?) would pay him the salary he is currently on.

He 'must' have made reasonable money but would still obviously hold us to ransom over the last knockings of his contract. Maybe he might just want to play while he still can at some level?

• I think CMS would still be a decent addition to the squad myself. Whats 3k a week amongst friends?

• I always rated CMS while he was here but his record at Stevenage isn't confidence inspiring. But then again who knows what sort of service he was getting at the football league's worst club.

• Stevenage fans seem to like him for his work rate and space creation, but they really need goals and he's not scored in his 17 appearances.

• I wouldn't see expecting WWFC to pay him the salary agreed in a contract for the period of that contract "holding us to ransom".

Some clubs have been known to play hard ball in such cases - sending player to train with the youth team etc (not that we have one). That doesn't seem GA's style. I am sure an amicable arrangement will be found. Equally sure we will never know what it was.

• Wonder if Sunderland will be doing much business if their Chairman is planning to leg it as a result of fan pressure (!). May discord remain until January 12th at least.

• Can we all agree that we should go for Demeaco Duhaney for the name alone?

• "His name is Dem Duhaney, he's the leader of the team"
    Sounds like a good remake of a 70's terrace chant !!

• @DevC said:

Great game of Dev bingo there

We've got an "unlikely", a question mark, a "might just", and a "my guess"

Tremendous stuff

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Samuel and CMS are similar. Difference is CMS’s ‘legs have gone’ - just like happened to Paul Hayes, and when they go they go. Age is a cruel mistress.

• CMS = BB Cup hero?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Samuel and CMS are similar. Difference is CMS’s ‘legs have gone’ - just like happened to Paul Hayes, and when they go they go. Age is a cruel mistress.

Totally this.
    Samuel provides exactly what CMS does, but better. However cruel it seemed that CMS was in good form, and then was rested one game, then never really got back in.

• Craig's just scored for Stevenage at Brizzle Rovers. Should add a few million to his transfer fee.

• With Kashket's suspension imminent, is there a place for CMS again on the bench at least?

• I think the case for release by mutual consent is stronger and more in keeping with the trend towards a younger squad.

• I'd be inclined to either keep Aarons - although I'm not so sure we will now - or bring in someone who can play wide or through the middle like Kashket.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    With Kashket's suspension imminent, is there a place for CMS again on the bench at least?

Why are people so sure Kashket is going to get a suspension for something that happened 3 years ago before he joined the club?