Skip to content

January business?

Comments

• @perfidious_albion said:
    The Gasroom radar has always been locked on to former Wycombe players who fans feel should return. Out of interest how many prodigal sons ,signed or loaned, has Gaz bought home?
    Fred and .....
    Meanwhile how many great signings / loans have he and Dobbo fished out of that much bigger pond of all available professional footballers league, non league, none English football.
    So why persist with the pointless ‘who might return‘ conjecture.
    To borrow eric_plant’s rather more succinct summary ‘terrible thread, this’.

Your memory must be going son.
    We've had an absolute tonne load of players who have initially gone and loved it so much they came back!

So maybe not as "terrible" as you might suggest. Terrible memory son.

• Ryan Allsop and Josh Parker are both in their second spells.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Ryan Allsop and Josh Parker are both in their second spells.

Josh feels a bit more of a stretch to call it that though doesn't it!
    Did he make any appearances first time? Maybe one?

• edited January 2020

@Malone Yep, one ;) A brief wave of the wand rather than a spell then.

• I’m guessing the only reason we let Aarons go back was to free up the 26 shirt for Jase.

• So if we count Josh P it's eight returnees, three of whom are still with us...not bad. Come on Macca be number four...

• Let's hope he doesn't turn up at one of our rivals. That'd be the worst of all worlds.

• @Malone said:
    Let's hope he doesn't turn up at one of our rivals. That'd be the worst of all worlds.

Oxford just lost a right-back and Pompey could do with one (although the whole Southampton thing may rule that one out).

• Keith Scott

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:
    Let's hope he doesn't turn up at one of our rivals. That'd be the worst of all worlds.

Oxford just lost a right-back and Pompey could do with one (although the whole Southampton thing may rule that one out).

I wonder if Millwall, or even McCarthy himself, might not like the idea.

I would hope that McCarthy would see it as a safer move, somewhere he's known and comfortable though.

Aarons out and McCarthy in would be a good swap I think, if the wages work.

• Clearly not expressing myself well. I knew Gaz had brought home more than just Fred hence.... , my query was why it is that Gasroomers are so obsessed with naming ex players we might bring back?
    Why not just list everyone who has left since Gaz took over and have done with it, then move on to rather more insightful suggestions.

• I'm obsessed with The Beatles and the original series of Star Trek...discussing who we might bring back comes nowhere near.

Clearly not expressing myself well. I knew Gaz had brought home more than just Fred hence.... , my query was why it is that Gasroomers are so obsessed with naming ex players we might bring back?
    Why not just list everyone who has left since Gaz took over and have done with it, then move on to rather more insightful suggestions.

You're right. You aren't expressing yourself very well ;)

What's wrong with suggesting McCarthy as a loan signing?

Bearing in mind

1) We desperately need cover for Grimmer and a centre back partnership that miraculously hasn't had an injury yet.
    2) McCarthy has been put up for loan, having been superb for us last season.

If that doesn't scream a perfect set of circumstances, and thus worthy of debate, what actually is?

• Ainsworth and Dobbo pride themselves on finding the right characters in the first place and having a good environment and have talked a lot about wanting people to want to be here, that goes for new signings being welcomed quickly, trialists going full time, short term contracts being extended, loanees becoming permanent and people being allowed to take opportunities elsewhere and coming back when circumstances change. The squad is full of examples.
    Constantly following up on people who we haven't bought (Tarpey) or who weren't very good they were here (Sorry Tafari) I find more annoying.

• Attention-seekers with nothing better to do

• @Malone said:

Bearing in mind

1) We desperately need cover for Grimmer and a centre back partnership that miraculously hasn't had an injury yet.

If that doesn't scream a perfect set of circumstances, and thus worthy of debate, what actually is?

Except not so perfect for Millwall as it leaves them with no cover for there one remaining first team right back!

• madine signs for Blackpool....great signing that is.....they must be losing one of their strikers

• Gnanduillet was linked with a Championship club, might have been Millwall actually.

• Millwall is a twilight zone for Wycombe players. Hopefully McCarthy makes it back out of the void.

• Millwall is money ball for Wycombe : they pay us for players, we take them back for free!

@Malone said:

Bearing in mind

Except not so perfect for Millwall as it leaves them with no cover for there one remaining first team right back!

Well, they've put him up for loan, so must know what they're doing.

He needs to play really.
    I wonder how he thinks about the move all in . Barely played and got injured too, while watching us have a whale of a time.

• I wonder if Besiktas are tracking Giles Phillips ....

• McCarthy spotted at Marlow watering hole....

• I think a loan is a strong possibility, but doesn't he live in Marlow?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    McCarthy spotted at Marlow watering hole....

Swilling rebellion?

• Bayo has let it slip - McCarthy can be seen in his instagram feed

• @thecatwwfc said:
    McCarthy spotted at Marlow watering hole....

His horse was thirsty!

• @BayosSize12s said:
    Bayo has let it slip - McCarthy can be seen in his instagram feed

Have you got a screenshot? I can't see him anywhere.