Skip to content

Match day thread: Tranmere (FA Cup *Replay*)

14567810»

Comments

• The best part about the Messi Champions League Final header, was the Sky pundit saying 'Messi could never score in the air' about 30 minutes before.

• Bayo is 5'-10"/11". I have a picture of him with me sandwiched in between him and Paul Hayes. Bayo is very similar in height to me, before my knees were replaced.

• Tranmere 0-0 Chichester at HT

• Surprised by the quality of Chichester City.
    They pass the ball well, have threatened to score on several occasions and could have had a penalty.

No doubt, Mellon’s pep talk at half time and superior fitness will tell but hats off to City for an impressive first half display.

• I always wonder whether the talk of "fitness" is being a huge factor from lower clubs to higher ones is slightly overblown.

Surely fitness is the easy thing to get, it's the football quality that differentiates you?

Yes non league teams might only train together 2-3 times a week, but they'll likely be doing their own fitness stuff on top of that.

• Big difference between doing the kind of fitness training Average Joe might do and what professional athletes do.

• edited December 2019

4-0 Tranmere. I hope they get Fleetwood away (or something equally uninspiring).

• They were going down like nine pins for the last twenty minutes with cramp, muscle pulls and sheer exhaustion but it was great to see them get a JJ style consolation.

• Well 5 divisions is a huge gap. Superb effort keeping it level so long

• Very slightly off topic but good to see Ipswich and Coventry drawing today. An extra game for them both can't do us any harm. I think they play each other in the league next Saturday too.

• Agree about Coventry and Ipswich plus several of our other rivals in the top half will be in the 3rd Round, including Peterborough who we were due to play that day.
    We were all so disappointed about losing to Tranmere but in the long run it might be a big help to our league campaign.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Very slightly off topic but good to see Ipswich and Coventry drawing today. An extra game for them both can't do us any harm. I think they play each other in the league next Saturday too.

That is a massively unwelcome replay for both. Superb.
    Think at least Ipswich are still in the checkatrade too.

• Am I right in thinking Tranmere will not have the same ball number we would have had? Or does the 2nd round tie itself have an allocated ball number for the winner?

• @Shev said:
    Am I right in thinking Tranmere will not have the same ball number we would have had? Or does the 2nd round tie itself have an allocated ball number for the winner?

They'll be whatever number tie they had + 44.

• Thanks @chairboyscentral. So we CAN be upset if they get a plum draw...

• Hopefully Gillingham away - we'd lose that.

• Tranmere draw Watford away, who we'll be playing in the Championship next season anyway.

• What a shame, we would have had a very good chance of turning them over.

• Ergh... a potentially winnable local tie with a Premier League club. Makes that freezing cold 120 minutes even more irritating now

• We have clearly saved all of the magic for the league.

• It saves Devc having to invest in a half and half bar scarf.