123457»

Comments

• @Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    If you could only have one: a cup tie v a 'top six' club or promotion?

We've had big cup ties recently too, but no Wycombe fan has ever experienced promotion to the championship

Was the fa cup run before your time? Id guess yes by your posts.

I remember it well, went to almost every game.

You must remember how magical it was then! I'd put it above even promotions.

I'd put it above any league 2 to league 1 promotion, and if I hadn't already experienced it I'd probably agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all over the championship, going to every game, revelling in it

(although I did think that about this year's league 1, and I haven't managed one away yet...whoops)

• Standing up for two hours when you could be sitting down.

• If its B and the cup is the priority and assuming that Darius Charles can only play one game a week, does that mean Charles misses Tranmere away and Doncaster so that he can play Tranmere (h) and Ipswich?

• Err.....get your own poll

• Logical extension surely....../

• I thought we were going to deliberately fail in the January window to avoid any early promotion prospects

• How badly would we have to fail to have a worse window than last January?

• Whatever else, the £75000 from BT (in addition to the FA money of course) to televise the Chichester game reinforces the incentive to win on Wednesday.

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2019

We will win on Sunday and Wednesday whilst flicking playing cards into a top hat.

(When was the last time we played on Sunday and Wednesday? That mad week we won the conference and flew to Gateshead?)

• Carlisle play off games in '94 were on Sunday and Wednesday

• Also that other week we played Tuesday and Thursday rather than Wednesday.

There was an extraordinary 2 week run where we played Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday

• Was that the famous winter of 1962-63?

• No, 92/93 season when we won the title. In April that was

• That was 13 games in April wasn't it?
    Including 4 league games in 6 days! Truly ridiculous. Slightly before my proper supporting, but I'd imagine MON blew a gasket over that.

• Didn’t we play Saturday Monday Thursday Saturday catching up after the cup run? The Thursday game was postponed from the day before at Notts Co. iirc.

I think we played at Swansea about 49 hours after the end of the game at Villa Park.

• Altringham at home on the Saturday - and clinching promotion - then all the way up to bloody Gateshead the next day - and won, amazingly. The two-legged Trophy semi was in the middle of all that, wasn't it?

• @eric_plant I asked Gaz your poll question and he said he'll leave that to the fans as he really wants to win both... (as do all of us)

@DJWYC14 Fred news is that "he is doing well and nearing a return". From experience this is a stock response used on pretty much any injured player over the last seven years. Gaz likes to keep the opponents guessing...

• @bluntphil said:
    @eric_plant I asked Gaz your poll question and he said he'll leave that to the fans as he really wants to win both... (as do all of us)

@DJWYC14 Fred news is that "he is doing well and nearing a return". From experience this is a stock response used on pretty much any injured player over the last seven years. Gaz likes to keep the opponents guessing...

Well said Gaz, as usual. Can't believe so many fans want us to lose on Sunday to be honest.

Disappointing

• if you go into any game thinking 'oh well, we've got next week/games in hand/a cup run' so it doesn't matter if we don't win it's he road to ruin. With the squad we ahve now it's not beyond the realms to suggest we can sustain decent runs in both League and Cup.

• Apart from the back 5 which is pretty established, what is our "first team"?

• Clearly NO fans want us to lose any of the forthcoming games.
    The question was which you'd lose if you had to.

We have plenty of options to go full stream ahead for both campaigns.
    It's only when we make 8-9 changes we look totally lost, as per most teams!

• I'm afraid you chose option b) so you're one of the ones wanting us to lose on sunday

Shame

• I did try to dodge that bullet with options c) but sadly I wasn't taken seriously.
    Story of my life ...

• Not sure we looked totally lost on Tuesday @Malone. We were poor against Stevenage and the Fulham youngsters but the performance against the Franchise suggests that, with more time together in competitive matches, we have a pretty useful “reserve” side with several players capable of stepping into the first team if needed.

• @eric_plant So you've put GA down as a spoilt ballot paper too, I assume?

• @floyd said:
    I think we played at Swansea about 49 hours after the end of the game at Villa Park.

That's correct and I was there along with IIRC around 50 hardy Chairfolk to support the (I think) 3-1 defeat. Just felt we had to go after the FA Cup heroics. The team looked knackered.

• Me too @ValleyWanderer. I think we scored after about five minutes but it was downhill quickly after that.

• The correct answer to this poll is of course