Skip to content

Match day thread: Tranmere (FA Cup)

Comments

• 7-2 to b)

a)'s lead seems a lifetime ago

• Gaz will have the chaps well up for Sunday. There will be no thoughts of FA Cup until after that.

• I'd rather die in a ditch than vote for any option which involves Wycombe not winning

• @drcongo said:
    Phil made a very good point on 3CR the other day that the FA Cup is now our only chance to increase revenue to the point that we're allowed to spend more on players in January. So, cup win.

I thought once the new investment was ratified that counted as income against these rules. From the post above that is not the case.

• If the question was would you rather win on Sunday and lose on Wednesday; or lose on Sunday, win on Wednesday and then lose to Chichester I’d go for the first option, despite being a b) voter.

• I hate to be that guy, but there's only 44 league games this season. None of them give us the opportunity of getting to the third round of the FA Cup.

• Yeah, but win promotion and we don't need to worry about getting to the third round.

• @Chris said:
    If the question was would you rather win on Sunday and lose on Wednesday; or lose on Sunday, win on Wednesday and then lose to Chichester I’d go for the first option, despite being a b) voter.

That isn't the question

• The problem will come when we get a Chelsea FA Cup style run and end up getting loads of winnable games, and suddenly end up in the semi finals again.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    I'd rather die in a ditch than vote for any option which involves Wycombe not winning

I'll stick you down as a spoiled ballot paper

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Yeah, but win promotion and we don't need to worry about getting to the third round.

We're not going to win promotion on Sunday.

• We can win the league if we lose on Sunday, but we can’t win the cup if we lose on Wednesday.

• edited November 2019

We're not going to win the FA Cup whether we lose on Wednesday or not, although it would be nice to get to the third round and get scouting next season's league opponents early.

• A real divide beginning to show between cupexiteers and remainers

Yeah, but win promotion and we don't need to worry about getting to the third round.

Winning on Sunday doesn't guarantee promotion but winning on Wednesday does guarantee a home draw and some excitement in the next round.

Winning next Wednesday is more important to me

• edited November 2019

Under the Salary Cap Management Protocol, L1 clubs can only spend 60% of their turnover on player wages.

Last season WW were running at 92% of that 60%. Rob Couhig reinstated last season's budget plus a bit extra, which was probably the last 8% of the allowed 60% (keeping up at the back?!).

Any 'football fortune' money can be used towards player wages so cup runs and player sales are still vital... There is the as yet unknown money from the Kortney Hause deal (may have already been spent) plus whatever the commercial deals struck during the season.

Either way, a minimum of £150k will be most useful if WW are still in the top 6 looking to bolster the squad for a promotion push.

I think that the FA Cup replay is the biggest game of the season (so far).

• 9-2 to option b)

It's like the legacy members vote all over again

• @eric_plant You are driving people to the margins with your extreme polling policies.

• I wonder which option @LX1 will vote for.

We're not going to win the FA Cup whether we lose on Wednesday or not, although it would be nice to get to the third round and get scouting next season's league opponents early.

We're certainly not going to win the FA Cup if we don't win Wednesday.

• @Chris said:
    I wonder which option @LX1 will vote for.

I'm sure he'll let us know in some amazing way... about half 2 in the morjing

• Morning even

• Seeing as even before we're up we've been relegated, I'd like to win both please.

• I want to vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party but that doesn't seem to be an option.

• @mooneyman said:
    I want to vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Strangely this year it actually looks to me like the only option we're being offered!!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Seeing as even before we're up we've been relegated, I'd like to win both please.

spoiled ballot paper

• @mooneyman said:
    I want to vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party but that doesn't seem to be an option.

please take this seriously

• I vote for us winning the game I am going to on Sunday, selfish perhaps but if I knew earlier you could vote for wins the last few decades might have been very different.

• We need to decide at what point we tank out of the cup, as the play off final and the cup final are on consecutive days in May. We don’t want the ultimate decision of having to play the stiffs v Man City in the cup final or v Oxford in the play off final!!!

• b

obviously